Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

34 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I like thriller type games like Marshall game better than a blowout... Gets the ticker thumpin’!

I hear ya but sometimes when you're supposed to be the heavy favorite its better to just bury em and get it over with.  We had enough thriller games in 2016 run to hold me over for a little while.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 12:17 PM, CasualObserver70 said:

2 best games in this series recently were 2008 and 2011.  2008 in my opinion was the state championship game.  Whoever won that was going to win state.  And Dwight Smith  was the best high school RB I've ever seen (even better in HS than Ingram).  2011 was bittersweet.  Game was for the district crown.  Gilmer won on last second field goal, but lost Luke Turner for rest of season (which probably cost them the state championship long term).

2014 was the weirdest game I've ever seen.  At the end of the first quarter it was 28-0 Gilmer and they had run exactly one offensive play.

Agree with everything you said. In 2009 the Buckeyes motto was "Code Red" because we thought we would have to play Carthage in the playoffs. UIL split the divisions and Carthage and Gilmer landed in different 3A divisions and we both went on to win State. Would have been a great game, but glad we both won State that year. In 2010 was the birth of the "District Of Doom" with both defending 3A state champs in the same district and both 3A State champs in 2010 coming out of our district.

They can label districts "District of Doom" now, but in 2010 and 2011, that was the real deal.

Hope Gilmer starts Hurt for the entire game and let him go down field. Hope we just play good and keep it kind of close. I would sit Webb for this game and maybe the next. We need him healthy for district.

• Like 1