Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

14 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

Agree with everything you said. In 2009 the Buckeyes motto was "Code Red" because we thought we would have to play Carthage in the playoffs. UIL split the divisions and Carthage and Gilmer landed in different 3A divisions and we both went on to win State. Would have been a great game, but glad we both won State that year. In 2010 was the birth of the "District Of Doom" with both defending 3A state champs in the same district and both 3A State champs in 2010 coming out of our district.

They can label districts "District of Doom" now, but in 2010 and 2011, that was the real deal.

Hope Gilmer starts Hurt for the entire game and let him go down field. Hope we just play good and keep it kind of close. I would sit Webb for this game and maybe the next. We need him healthy for district.

2010 and 2011 was the one and only real District of Doom. 

There have been some unbelievable games played between these 2 teams since 2008. 

No matter what I think all Carthage fans have nothing but respect for Gilmer. This has been a respectful rivalry since 2008. I know Gilmer might be on the way down, but I will never count them out of a game. Them Bux might be the team to break Carthage 29 game win streak tonight. 

32 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Wow!  The Tennison kid looks ready for varsity.  That video shows what Gilmer's offense usually looks like.  So far this season they haven't looked remotely similar to the past.

Yea he is so relaxed and he has tha it factor once he mature a little bit and put on a little weight look out

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 1:22 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

Oh, we won’t.... Surratt OWNS the second half!👍

When I want to know who’s going to win a game in NETX, I’ve noticed you’re almost always right.  CarthDawg, you obviously know what’s going on up there.  🏆

Btw, are y’all paying Surratt enough?  Hate to see him slip off to Tenaha or Joaquin.