Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

Not much to say about the game.  For Gilmer, this is the new normal.  I struggled to accept that truth last year, but it's the reality. Gilmer will be better as these sophomores mature, but it is what it is.  There is a fine line between greatness and  good.  

Gilmer will still be good, but if they want to be great, the changes won't happen on game day. It's a mentally that kids have to buy into 365 days a year.  

As a side not, I've been a Gilmer resident since 2003, and have never witnessed a 3 game losing streak.  I'm guessing that will change next week. 

11 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Doesn’t look like the offense is all that either. In years past they were able to move the ball on just about anyone

Nope, they’re struggling. The loss of Traylor has officially caught up with Gilmer. That’s why you have to fully enjoy success while you have it.

Gilmer isn’t used to losing and they need to get some things sorted out fast to right the ship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Doesn’t look like the offense is all that either. In years past they were able to move the ball on just about anyone

I will say their Soph QB Hurt has a lot of potential.  He has a terrific arm and good size.  If Gilmer can develop an O line to block for him the next couple of years their offense will get back to the Gilmer we are used too.

2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

The defense has been struggling more than usual the last couple of years, so no news there, but when your DL is totally demolished, it’s hard to stop anyone, especially a freight train like Carthage. The OL got the same treatment, so the offense just couldn’t get anything going. The KO return and blocked punt from the 3 didn’t help either. Bucks were just simply outmatched in this one. I do however think that playing Carthage and Newton regardless of getting blown out, will help Gilmer in district. 

First team that I have ever seen that on about 20% of the pass plays, from tackle to tackle, they just dive to the ground - and if they knock someone down, good...…… Belichick, Saban, and Little Belichick's teams don't do that, so might be a clue it is not a good idea to do it...…...lol

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Not much to say about the game.  For Gilmer, this is the new normal.  I struggled to accept that truth last year, but it's the reality. Gilmer will be better as these sophomores mature, but it is what it is.  There is a fine line between greatness and  good.  

Gilmer will still be good, but if they want to be great, the changes won't happen on game day. It's a mentally that kids have to buy into 365 days a year.  

As a side not, I've been a Gilmer resident since 2003, and have never witnessed a 3 game losing streak.  I'm guessing that will change next week. 

Should have been four game losing streak. Gilmer will probably fight for the fourth place spot with Spring Hill this year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

First team that I have ever seen that on about 20% of the pass plays, from tackle to tackle, they just dive to the ground - and if they knock someone down, good...…… Belichick, Saban, and Little Belichick's teams don't do that, so might be a clue it is not a good idea to do it...…...lol

I noticed that also.  Strange.

• Like 1