Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

I sit here and read the comments and I am really shocked at some of the comments so I decided to chime in. I don't know what will happen this week or next week I can only guess. But what I have seen over the first 3 weeks is a team who has played hard till the end in Gilmer. I see an offense that is yes struggling and a defense that has struggled as well but at the end of the games we have been in a position to win.  I see the defensive line getting better. They have some size down there .Who knows what the season holds but I don't feel bashing the coaches does any god.  Yes Traylor is gone and hell he is struggling this season as well. lets just support the Buckeyes  and hope for the best!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m interested to see how the 9th & JV games turn out Thurs.  We have had some good battles the last several years at the sub-varsity level.

I agree or JV is Above Average but we have 8 Sophmores on the Varsity so that has affected us. Both QB from our class are on Varsity and 3 of our receivers as well as a DL and 2 DB

You just never know what might happen when two perennial rivals matchup on the gridiron of glory.  Friday Night Lights is still the best show in town, regardless. I'm sure it will be worth the price of admission to see these two teams go at it. Get your popcorn and enjoy the game.....you will be watching a game most other fans in Texas don't get a chance to see. Carthage by ONLY 18 points.....LOL.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I know how this game looks on paper but I am VERY hesitant to say Carthage by a lot. Something tells me it may be a little closer.

I agree with this comment; Gilmer always goes out of their way to deal us their own brand of misery. I will still stand by my prediction of 44-35 Dawgs.

Dawgs win, no prediction required. 

I respect the Buckeye program, coaches, and players. 

They will play hard and force the Dawgs to execute. 

I belive the Dawgs win this game because they will player better than last week, starters coming back, and they know Gilmer will come to play. 

Dawgs will play better next week and better the week after, that is what they do. 

This is a different Dawg team from last year, but they are going to be very special by the time the playoffs roll around.  

We Dawg fans are blessed to have coach Surratt, coach Preston, and staff. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.  

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Hard to handicap Gilmer/Carthage games In Gilmer.....Sure that’s good as anyone else’s! 😏

That's why i asked about Dline starters.  If starters are back in i may change the gilmer score to a lower number.  The backups did a very admirable job last week against marshall but our D is a different animal when full strength.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

That's why i asked about Dline starters.  If starters are back in i may change the gilmer score to a lower number.  The backups did a very admirable job last week against marshall but our D is a different animal when full strength.

One projected starter and one depth guy have not done any conditioning work in several weeks.....even if they suit up, you can’t expect them to play many snaps........the other starter who did not play against Marshall had surgery last week - I would hope he plays against PG.