Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Maybe one.  And that’s a maybe.

Even if Carthage is missing several starters on the defensive line, Gilmer may still struggle with injuries of their own, and the offensive line has not played well at all the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, Gilmer will start the Sophomore QB and just open the offense best as they can this week. Take some chances downfield, what do they have to lose? Buckeyes are a 17 point underdog @ HOME!? CrAzY! Gilmer will battle to the final buzzer, but going to be a tough one for the young Buckeyes I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Even if Carthage is missing several starters on the defensive line, Gilmer may still struggle with injuries of their own, and the offensive line has not played well at all the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, Gilmer will start the Sophomore QB and just open the offense best as they can this week. Take some chances downfield, what do they have to lose? Buckeyes are a 17 point underdog @ HOME!? CrAzY! Gilmer will battle to the final buzzer, but going to be a tough one for the young Buckeyes I'm afraid.

We have depth on defense and those younger players held up well under the circumstances against Marshall.  I suspect our scheme will be a little different this week than it was last week.  I also expect to see some new faces on the D line in support roles.  Could be JV players moved up.  Could be reserve O-lineman moving over to play defense in support roles.  Gilmer will go up tempo and we will need to rotate the D line to offer a few breathers here and there.

Going up tempo only works when you are making first downs.  Gilmer has struggled at times to put together drives.  I don't know if Webb will play.  But I do hope they open up the offense.  Give Hurt a chance to throw downfield.  

I will not doubt Gilmer's effort.  The kids won't give up.  They may just be in a little over their heads this year.

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Looking back over the last 10 years, these two teams have had some pretty good battles.  Which game was the best for you and why?

2008 - 31-28 Carthage (playoffs)

2010 - 38-21 Carthage

2011 - 39-36 Gilmer

2014 - 58-21 Gilmer

2015 - 18-15 Gilmer

2016 - 55-37 Carthage

2017 - 48-28 Carthage 

‘08

Historic battle that kept Carthage on track for its first state championship. 

• Like 1

The Carthagenians are coming to sack the Gilmerites in their own stadium.  You  will be able to feel the carnage of this battle.......like it has happened before......and you were there.  I wonder what General Patton would do.......WWGPD???  The Gilmerites need to prepare a surprise attack for the Carthegenians.......something they are not expecting........to preserve the Gilmerite way of life in the annals of Texas high school football history......LOL.  Maybe the best defense against the Carthagenians is a potent offense and some trick plays.  Good luck in defending your home turf and the Gilmerite football homeland........the Carthagenians are coming!!!

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

The Carthagenians are coming to sack the Gilmerites in their own stadium.  You  will be able to feel the carnage of this battle.......like it has happened before......and you were there.  I wonder what General Patton would do.......WWGPD???  The Gilmerites need to prepare a surprise attack for the Carthegenians.......something they are not expecting........to preserve the Gilmerite way of life in the annals of Texas high school football history......LOL.  Maybe the best defense against the Carthagenians is a potent offense and some trick plays.  Good luck in defending your home turf and the Gilmerite football homeland........the Carthagenians are coming!!!

I love it, the Carthaginians are coming!

13 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

giphy.gif

Gonna rise up and defend.. Our house.. To the last man.. This is our house... 

giphy.gif

Here ya go regal.. Lol 

It's time for the Buckeyes to put the "black" back into that "Black Flag Defense"!  They will absolutely be relied upon the next couple of weeks.  The offense has to help, though.

I look for Gilmer D line to play even better this week. They have been getting better weekly. Good size and the number 45  is coming along nice. Big  kid new to program. 6’4” 215. Last week 7 tackles and 2 tfl and a blocked extra point. First year in program. Number 44, 12, 41 and 9. Have been all applying pressure. In order for Gilmer to have a chance they must apply pressure on defense and control the run and online must protect. If they don’t do these 2 things they are in trouble 

36 minutes ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

I look for Gilmer D line to play even better this week. They have been getting better weekly. Good size and the number 45  is coming along nice. Big  kid new to program. 6’4” 215. Last week 7 tackles and 2 tfl and a blocked extra point. First year in program. Number 44, 12, 41 and 9. Have been all applying pressure. In order for Gilmer to have a chance they must apply pressure on defense and control the run and online must protect. If they don’t do these 2 things they are in trouble 

Carthage O-line has given up 1 sack in three games.  They are pretty good.  Bigger across the board than 2016 or 2017.  The Carthage rushing stats are a little deceiving too.  Since we have created 11 TO’s in 3 games we have started several drives with a short field.

• Like 1