Arp Tigers

Tiger1995

Did yall switch anything? Seems shocking looking at the scores they've given up.. I agree with JJ for once on the last time they started like this they upset some top teams, i just dont think it's the same outcome this year but who knows what dale has up his sleeve...

1 hour ago, mikev14x said:

JJ unfortunately unless they gel and improve a lot I dont think they make the playoffs.  Hope I'm wrong.

It’s just seems crazy. There’s some talent on that team. But it is like they have never played ball before this year. And I know better. But seriously the only game I saw they was making 7th grade mistakes. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

It’s just seems crazy. There’s some talent on that team. But it is like they have never played ball before this year. And I know better. But seriously the only game I saw they was making 7th grade mistakes. 

I will agree with you because there is talent out there. After watching them Friday against my Dawgs I was sort of left confused. Y’all came in with a game plan for the 1st 2 drives then Jefferson made adjustments and then y’all never did. Plus and I’m not poking fun at anyone but y’all had a wr that had the hardest time lining up. He was constantly in motion, either moving backwards or jumping forward and moving side to side while the ball was being snapped. Sometimes he would be looking and pointing at the ref even as the play had started. If the refs wanted they could’ve gotten him on false starts and illegal motion 12-15 times and I’m not exaggerating at all. It just seemed to me there’s some confusion going on. You could def see the youth come out once y’all were down by 14, but I really do think y’all have a really good foundation in place and will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Having all this youth playing right now will payoff! Good luck to you guys!

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Dawg665 said:

I will agree with you because there is talent out there. After watching them Friday against my Dawgs I was sort of left confused. Y’all came in with a game plan for the 1st 2 drives then Jefferson made adjustments and then y’all never did. Plus and I’m not poking fun at anyone but y’all had a wr that had the hardest time lining up. He was constantly in motion, either moving backwards or jumping forward and moving side to side while the ball was being snapped. Sometimes he would be looking and pointing at the ref even as the play had started. If the refs wanted they could’ve gotten him on false starts and illegal motion 12-15 times and I’m not exaggerating at all. It just seemed to me there’s some confusion going on. You could def see the youth come out once y’all were down by 14, but I really do think y’all have a really good foundation in place and will be in the hunt for a playoff spot. Having all this youth playing right now will payoff! Good luck to you guys!

Really appreciate the response! Good luck to you guys this year. Man y’all are gonna be hard to beat 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, JETT said:

Grand saline is always tough to beat, they play well but always fall a tad bit short.. maybe this is their year to get over the hump... and as far as the Ef vs winona game goes we can live with the results of that game, we had a 11 point lead in the 3rd qtr with a chance to go up by more but mistakes caught up to us and we bit ourselves in the rear to many times and EF made us pay hats off to them... but leaving that game I feel pretty good about where we are right now got a good shot at making 2nd in this district

That was a controlled scrimmage. Same as a practice except against another town. I think it would be different if it was a game the coaches prepare for. GS has played a weak schedule. Arp has played a Tuff schedule. Think it will be close game between these two schools. Neither team will make it far in the playoffs this year.

• LOL! 1

Troup had several players get ejected against elkhart and they arent reporting it to the UIL. Players are supposed to be suspended for a game or for one half right???I'm not sure how that works. 

Troup has a good ball club I think they could win district and go a couple of rounds,  but seems something fishy is going on there. 

Out of everybody in our district, Arp has played the toughest out of district schedule. Their opponents have gone 8-1 on the season. Jefferson #3 in ETSN rankings..West Rusk #2 in the same rankings. Hughes Springs is 2-1. Arp may not be at their level but in district? I think there’s a real possibility they could be the 4th playoff team. Just take care of business in district.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elkpride said:

Troup had several players get ejected against elkhart and they arent reporting it to the UIL. Players are supposed to be suspended for a game or for one half right???I'm not sure how that works. 

Troup has a good ball club I think they could win district and go a couple of rounds,  but seems something fishy is going on there. 

Believe one of troup coaches is from Elkhart last year, might have just been a little edgy last week, not making any excuses or anything.. Just observation. 

giphy.gif

LOL 

I could see yall either 3rd or 4th in your district. Havent paid much attention to how the districts line up yet in the playoffs because there is still too much football to be played and you know as well as i do what injuries can do to a team in small 3A. Good luck to yall though.

• Thanks 1