Week Five: Longview at Rockwall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-1)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 12:30 AM

56 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I have to admit, I'm more nervous about this one than any game so far. 

This was always gonna be the toughest game on the schedule without question. Having to go up to Rockwall back to back years and bring home a W against a good squad? 

Tough.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

This was always gonna be the toughest game on the schedule without question. Having to go up to Rockwall back to back years and bring home a W against a good squad? 

Tough.

Yep. Definitely our toughest test on the schedule.

Time to make our statement. Let’s do this BOS!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LoboUp95 said:

Gonna be a good one tonight. We’re gonna need to drive the ball and keep our defense rested. Big plays are gonna happen all throughout this game but we need to limit them and also keep then to field goals when they get in the red zone like we have been

I'm promising you now, there won't be many long drives in this game (unless something completely changes). Their defense gives up a ridiculous amount of long plays.

• Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm promising you now, there won't be many long drives in this game (unless something completely changes). Their defense gives up a ridiculous amount of long plays.

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Statistically speaking, Rockwall has the worst defense in the district. Yes, even worse than Lee's. 

Yes, that's my understanding as well...  

I mean, it's no real secret. They have two of their games up on Sportsgram that you can go watch if you haven't already.

Their defense is not as bad as Jesuit's last season, but it isn't far off. That said, they do tend to make adjustments and change things in the 2nd half. 

Against Bowie,  they still were giving up huge pass plays until the Vols started turning things over. Game could've been completely different if it wasn't for the red zone woes for Bowie, where they had 3 or 4 drives end inside the Jacket 25 either on 4th down stops or turnovers.

Lobos just need to come play their own game, and they'll be fine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Sounds like a VERY, VERY, VERY LONG night for our defensive lineman and linebackers, then. And, it looks as though our secondary better be on point tonight because EVERYONE back there WILL get tested early and often. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

honestly, nobody is running a true 4-3 or 3-4 anymore.  It may appear to be that, but this is high school and many high school linebackers are safeties and sometimes corners in college.  Almost everybody is running some sort of spread offense with 4 receivers. you ain't defending that without an extra DB in the game...so in reality almost everyone has 5 db's on the field almost all time. Kid may be listed at lb, but in reality he just an additional db that is good enough to play the run and cover.  

How's this @JTFAN99? I know the date is later than your original post, but it's the best I could do.  :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I know there won’t be any long drives but if I’m honest I’m a little nervous about this one. Our passing game has obviously improved since Haynes came in so that takes away from as many long drives as we used to have in previous years. Very glad our offense isn’t as run heavy and run dependent but ball security is key in this game and getting off on 3rd down. We’ve given up way too many first downs on 3rd and long. I don’t mind getting in a shootout with Rockwall because I know we have the offense to do it but I really wanna see our defense play a little better than we have been. Not saying our defense is bad but as the season progresses I want to see us playing better than we have been especially when playoff time comes around.

1 hour ago, LoboUp95 said:

I know there won’t be any long drives but if I’m honest I’m a little nervous about this one. Our passing game has obviously improved since Haynes came in so that takes away from as many long drives as we used to have in previous years. Very glad our offense isn’t as run heavy and run dependent but ball security is key in this game and getting off on 3rd down. We’ve given up way too many first downs on 3rd and long. I don’t mind getting in a shootout with Rockwall because I know we have the offense to do it but I really wanna see our defense play a little better than we have been. Not saying our defense is bad but as the season progresses I want to see us playing better than we have been especially when playoff time comes around.

Solid post and I agree.

I fully suggest following sportsgram tonight for the Rockwall feed. They’re definitely homers but the feed is usually up to date and it’s very solid connection wise. Hoping they’re recording this one like they usually do so I can watch it again tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I fully suggest following sportsgram tonight for the Rockwall feed. They’re definitely homers but the feed is usually up to date and it’s very solid connection wise. Hoping they’re recording this one like they usually do so I can watch it again tomorrow.

Anything better then our awful broadcast, always behind on plays we always seem to be playing Tyler lee every week, go to random breaks playing ads in middle of plays 🤦