Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

5 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

Can't help your scared we going to do better than y'all 

Ok here is the mark you must meet or exceed Friday.  Carthage scored 66 points composed of 9 TD’s, 9-9 extra points, 1-1 FG’s.  52 points in 1st half.  And your second team offense and defense must play the entire second half.  For the game Gilmer had 6 total 1st downs, 197 total yards, 19 rushes for 56 yards, 9-28-141 passing w/ 2TD’s and 3 INT’s.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ok here is the mark you must meet or exceed Friday.  Carthage scored 66 points composed of 9 TD’s, 9-9 extra points, 1-1 FG’s.  52 points in 1st half.  And your second team offense and defense must play the entire second half.  For the game Gilmer had 6 total 1st downs, 197 total yards, 19 rushes for 56 yards, 9-28-141 passing w/ 2TD’s and 3 INT’s.

K we on it lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Newton, you now have your target to meet or exceed.

1 minute ago, michaelmyers said:

Can’t remember but that son of a gun was hard to bring down. Had balance like a cat

Andy Smith.......ran about a 4.7 or 4.8 40......sorta the small school high school version of Emmitt Smith - just knew how to carry the rock. 

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Here is some Buckeye stat trivia to pass the time this week.  Carthage beat Gilmer 55-37 in 2016.  The Bux scored 56 points in the next game and went on to finish the season at 13-2.  In 2017 Carthage won 48-28.  Again the Bux responded with 51 points in their next game and finished at 10-3.

These are facts, but I am of the opinion this year’s Gilmer team is not capable of repeating that trend.

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Here is some Buckeye stat trivia to pass the time this week.  Carthage beat Gilmer 55-37 in 2016.  The Bux scored 56 points in the next game and went on to finish the season at 13-2.  In 2017 Carthage won 48-28.  Again the Bux responded with 51 points in their next game and finished at 10-3.

Don’t think it will happen in 2018 though

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Oh but if they do.....

Then Newton can hush about their defeating Carthage this year pipe dream.

Same thing for us and Longview as it relates to our visit to Marshall. Lobos destroyed the Mavs at Marshall and we won, but let Marshall hang around and make it close late. We can definitely hush about Longview the remainder of the year.

Let’s qualify that making sure folks understand there are only a small number of CHS fans who think the Bulldogs could beat Longview (I’m included in that list). But let’s also further explain we only believe in very special years could Carthage defeat Longview knowing the Lobos, even with their less talented coaching staff, would beat our Bulldogs more often than not.

Zero disrespect to LHS and I hope they start winning state as often as Carthage does.

Newton has a special group of players this year and their fans have the right to dream big.

I honestly did not like reading through this thread and seeing all of the Carthage and Newton nonsense. I am a Newton fan and I believe that we have an awesome team that will win back to back titles in 3A football and can give any 4A team a run for their money. Though, i believe Carthage would beat Newton and I am totally fine with that. There is nothing to be ashamed of there. Athlete wise, we will match up with them completely fine and probably have the better athletes on the field, but their offense and defensive line would out play Newtons. It is what it is. Carthage is going for a three peat for a reason; they're no slouch and neither is Newton. These two teams do not play, so let's just witness greatness in two different classifications. On to Gilmer and Newton, I think Newton will beat them 56-14. I know that illiterate Newton fans are probably going to bash me for being realistic, but, oh well! PS, I was not calling all Newton fans illiterate, but there are some on here that everyone can agree upon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

But they wasn't playing this newton team and Gilmer was a hell of a lot better then