Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

11 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

In all honesty we are better prepared to face newton than newton is to face us we have played teams that are big and physical it shouldn’t be a shock factor but who has newton played that can prepare them for a gilmer offense if it gets going 

Well, Newton hasn't played Carthage, but they have played WOS. You can point out their 1-3 record all you want, but they have played in the state championship game 4 years in a row and counting. That speaks volumes. I honestly think WOS will make a run and play in it for their 5th straight year. They lost to a good Newton team and barely to two 5A teams. They're young, but still the real deal. Newton hasn't played a high powered passing attack, but Gilmer also does not have a high powered passing attack this year. Newton will score at will and they shouldn't give up anymore than 14 points. Newton should definitely be more prepared, more athletic, and overall better in all aspects for this years contest. It won't be close at the end of the game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

In all honesty we are better prepared to face newton than newton is to face us we have played teams that are big and physical it shouldn’t be a shock factor but who has newton played that can prepare them for a gilmer offense if it gets going 

I would absolutely love to see our offense get going.  If it ever gets rolling it is like a machine.  It's the other side of the ball that I worry about more, and for some reason special teams is not playing well, either.  Carthage is one of best coached teams around, and they absolutely exploited every weakness we had.  We certainly have enough talent to be more competitive, but we certainly haven't seen much of it.  Any other season until this one, I'd say we'd outscore them because that's what we do.  Now, if only we could play defense...

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Hahaha. Let’s talk Friday night. Might be a good discussion. But if this game with Gilmer is close, the conversation is over. Y’all only beat a 1-3 WOS team 21-7 right?

5A Crosby didn't beat Wos as bad as Newton so.. Who's to say Carthage could beat Crosby. Nobody.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Uuuuuuggghhhh!  We are doomed if we don't find a spark somewhere.

Do I need to bring some Bear fans over there to get y'all riled up? Get some hate going and some passion before y'all get on the bus!!!

Just pretend Newton is the Bears. I know what Buckeyes like to do with Bear's!!!

Better wait till Saturday to get them fired up.  I would would hate to get them fired up and then experience what's going to happen Friday.  Might want to start the uphill after you hit the bottom and I assume two big losses in a row to any teams is a blow to Buckeye tradition. 

27 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Do I need to bring some Bear fans over there to get y'all riled up? Get some hate going and some passion before y'all get on the bus!!!

Just pretend Newton is the Bears. I know what Buckeyes like to do with Bear's!!!

If that's what it takes, I'm all for it.  I'm ready for us to get hungry again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Better wait till Saturday to get them fired up.  I would would hate to get them fired up and then experience what's going to happen Friday.  Might want to start the uphill after you hit the bottom and I assume two big losses in a row to any teams is a blow to Buckeye tradition. 

If we were clicking on all cylinders we would be one tough out.  We haven't been even remotely similar to teams in the past thus far.  It's not like we don't have the horses to play with Newton.  We just don't have the fire right now.  We will be back to our old form...., sooner or later....

7 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

Newton 6 d1 players possibly 7 by the end of season

That is crazy. I wonder if this is the most talented 3a (old 2a) team ever? I just don’t see how a team could have more “D1” players on one team.

Do you know if they are all qualified to play D1? Do all have a legit chance to be at D1 schools next year?

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ok here is the mark you must meet or exceed Friday.  Carthage scored 66 points composed of 9 TD’s, 9-9 extra points, 1-1 FG’s.  52 points in 1st half.  And your second team offense and defense must play the entire second half.  For the game Gilmer had 6 total 1st downs, 197 total yards, 19 rushes for 56 yards, 9-28-141 passing w/ 2TD’s and 3 INT’s.

They don't have to exceed a dang thang....why you trying to throw out flash points lmao....if yall played them they might put those stats up of yall....and seriously that's very possible if you #### them off hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

9 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

They don't have to exceed a dang thang....why you trying to throw out flash points lmao....if yall played them they might put those stats up of yall....and seriously that's very possible if you #### them off hahahaha

That Eagle make dat dog curl day tail.. and haul azz under dat house..

• LOL! 3