Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

54 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That is crazy. I wonder if this is the most talented 3a (old 2a) team ever? I just don’t see how a team could have more “D1” players on one team.

Do you know if they are all qualified to play D1? Do all have a legit chance to be at D1 schools next year?

They got offers for a reason 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

They don't have to exceed a dang thang....why you trying to throw out flash points lmao....if yall played them they might put those stats up of yall....and seriously that's very possible if you #### them off hahahaha

Catch up JJ!  This thread moves faster than the ARP threads do.  A Newton poster said they would beat Gilmer worse than Carthage did.  I just put the stats out there for everyone to see.  If they do great.  If they don’t it’s ok.  They are still a heavy favorite to go back to back.  I’ve already stated why the Carthage vs Newton game didn’t and won’t happen.  And for the record I picked Newton to win 54-28!

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That is crazy. I wonder if this is the most talented 3a (old 2a) team ever? I just don’t see how a team could have more “D1” players on one team.

Do you know if they are all qualified to play D1? Do all have a legit chance to be at D1 schools next year?

I don't know maybe you should drive on down to the woods this Friday and see lol

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

No y’all must forgot about the dfield team from 08-10 they had the most in east Texas at any level 

You don’t ever have to worry about Newton being the best 3A team. 

That belongs to the 83 Daingerfield Tigers and always will. 

Here is a stat for anyone else who might want to bestow that title on Newton. 

512 offensive plays run on the Daingerfield defense in 16 ball games for a grand total of 512 feet not yards but feet. 8 points total and two of the points was a safety. 

No more talk about the best 3A of all time. Please. 

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

512 offensive plays run on the Daingerfield defense in 16 ball games for a grand total of 512 feet not yards but feet. 8 points total and two of the points was a safety. 

Point blank period......nuff said

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Best team ever, all classes. 

The. End. 

I know this has been said already, but as I’m reading through this, I can’t help but feel like I understand now how the Lobos might feel about us! I’m all for a good football team and having confidence in yourselves, but there’s a little thing called reality. Like it or not, we all have to live in it! Not holding the entirety of Newton in a bad light because of a couple of misguided posters, but come on!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Think Newton will roll- and rightly so. But this thread is sure making me wish Gilmer could get it together! For this game, at least!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

+1000000000000000

4 minutes ago, 75633 said:

I know this has been said already, but as I’m reading through this, I can’t help but feel like I understand now how the Lobos might feel about us! I’m all for a good football team and having confidence in yourselves, but there’s a little thing called reality. Like it or not, we all have to live in it! Not holding the entirety of Newton in a bad light because of a couple of misguided posters, but come on!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Think Newton will roll- and rightly so. But this thread is sure making me wish Gilmer could get it together! For this game, at least!

It's rare I root for Gilmer, but im making an exception!!! 😁

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Wasn't the touchdown scored by the other team's defense? I want to say that with the safety and the other team's defense scoring the lone touchdown of the season, and the Tigers defense blocking the extra point, the Tiger defense did not give up a single point that season. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Wasn't the touchdown scored by the other team's defense? I want to say that with the safety and the other team scoring the lone touchdown of the season, and the Tigers defense blocking the extra point, the Tiger defense did not give up a single point that season. Unbelievable.

Yes that was unbelievable, never known  a defense to never give any points.

33 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

And let me add the other six was a offensive turnover for 6 not a single point scored on the defense that year

2 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Wasn't the touchdown scored by the other team's defense? I want to say that with the safety and the other team scoring the lone touchdown of the season, and the Tigers defense blocking the extra point, the Tiger defense did not give up a single point that season. Unbelievable.

No, it was Carthage, the Daingerfield D back went for an INT, tip the ball into receivers hands for the TD. Carthage was the only team to score on Daingerfield and that was the year Carthage had Roscoe Tatum one of the fastest guys on the planet at the time. 

4 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

No, it was Carthage, the Daingerfield D back went for an INT, tip the ball into receivers hands for the TD. Carthage was the only team to score on Daingerfield and that was the year Carthage had Roscoe Tatum one of the fastest guys on the planet at the time. 

Thanks. Were you at that game? Me and my family went to one of the playoff games since Gilmer was done for the season. I was too young to remember much, but I remember it being loud on the Daingerfield side of the stands.

40 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are right.my apologies.

37 minutes ago, 5thdown said:

well if the Newton/Carthage game did happen, at least we know the small 3a hillbilly Newton crowd would not collapse the Carthage stands.

No but Newton might collapse them dogs on the field..what tribe are you from. ?