Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

Don't act like you weren't worried lol and I suppose we can keep this Carthage talk to rest .

Yeah I thought there was someone from newton claiming a shutout or less than 14, and scoring more than Carthage did against the bucs? And if I recall he said he'd back friday after the game to say I told you so LOL.... guess he don't like the taste of crow.... nonetheless good job newton, keep grinding bucs and good luck both squads 

Gilmer is a class act. Every kid and adult on the field came over to WT as he sat midfield and shook his hand. 

Honestly, the game was not that close. They did score 2 on B side D. 

7 refs on the field was a bit much. Eagles had a few turnovers on penalties ( that is a thing lol)

If the Eagles stay healthy, there is nobody out there who can beat them. Preseason is over.

Looking at the schedule when it came out, I thought Gilmer would be 3-2 heading into district. I didn’t expect the loss to Paris, who appear legit with their win over a powerful Melissa team. All of this without their overall best player, a new Sophomore QB, as well as a handful of other Sophomore starters. Say what you will about the coaching staff, as I certainly agree, but I really don’t feel too bad about that record considering who it has been against. Two defending state champions, who will probably win it all again, and a really good Paris team. In all honesty, Gilmer should beat down Bullard for homecoming Friday (no offense to Bullard). I think the Buckeyes will be ok come district if healthy.

1st time I saw this team in person was at Jerry's World.  They were favored to beat Waskom. I watch both warm up and the Newton size advantage was incredible favoring Newton. Then Waskom hit them in the mouth. 2nd time I saw Newton was at Jerry's World last yr. Out out of all the games I watched, as a team, Newton impressed me the most. I've never seen a team with this small of an enrollment with so much talent. Glad you guys are D2 lol

5 minutes ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

1st time I saw this team in person was at Jerry's World.  They were favored to beat Waskom. I watch both warm up and the Newton size advantage was incredible favoring Newton. Then Waskom hit them in the mouth. 2nd time I saw Newton was at Jerry's World last yr. Out out of all the games I watched, as a team, Newton impressed me the most. I've never seen a team with this small of an enrollment with so much talent. Glad you guys are D1 lol

Newton is D2. 

We are glad we’re D1. Lol

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Looking at the schedule when it came out, I thought Gilmer would be 3-2 heading into district. I didn’t expect the loss to Paris, who appear legit with their win over a powerful Melissa team. All of this without their overall best player, a new Sophomore QB, as well as a handful of other Sophomore starters. Say what you will about the coaching staff, as I certainly agree, but I really don’t feel too bad about that record considering who it has been against. Two defending state champions, who will probably win it all again, and a really good Paris team. In all honesty, Gilmer should beat down Bullard for homecoming Friday (no offense to Bullard). I think the Buckeyes will be ok come district if healthy.

That may all be true, but while some of the team might be younger, fundamentals like tackling, blocking, and hiking the ball should be second nature due to lots of practice. Strength and conditioning are shown by players that make the effort to get in shape.  You have to want to put in the work.  The same silly mistakes week after week have to be fixed.  Gilmer was in the game last night and self imploded time after time.  Arm tackles, bad snaps, and no blocking does not a winning team make.