Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

26 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

How long has it been since Gilmer has had a losing record and might even miss the playoffs?

They are taking 4 out of 5 teams in their district. I really don’t see Gilmer missing the playoffs.  Now the district title might be a different story. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

They are taking 4 out of 5 teams in their district. I really don’t see Gilmer missing the playoffs.  Now the district title might be a different story. 

I honestly think if Gilmer plays to their potential, they can beat everyone in their district, including PG. right now, I think they challenge LE for the 2nd spot. Let’s see how the PG/Carthage game plays out, but I still think PG wins district for one more year. 

21 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Correct. 

Lost to Tatum, WO and Bullard in that order. 

I really don’t mind the record considering who they’ve played. Of course 5-0 would be preferred, but a good Paris team and then back to back state champions, was expected. Now, if they lose their homecoming to Bullard, we need to talk!

3 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I really don’t mind the record considering who they’ve played. Of course 5-0 would be preferred, but a good Paris team and then back to back state champions, was expected. Now, if they lose their homecoming to Bullard, we need to talk!

That is true. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

That is true. 

I didnt mind losing three games to the teams we lost to but what i do mind is how we lost. just watched the game again on youtube and never saw so many arm tackles letting the runner just keep going. Punt coverage was bad well let me say there wasnt any. blown assignments fumbles and being out of place. I do not blame the players at all there was some great plays but who I do blame is the coaches. we need a new era of coaches and clean house or this is as good as it will be for a long time. Good old boys are good old boys but that doesnt make them good coaches.

3 hours ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

I didnt mind losing three games to the teams we lost to but what i do mind is how we lost. just watched the game again on youtube and never saw so many arm tackles letting the runner just keep going. Punt coverage was bad well let me say there wasnt any. blown assignments fumbles and being out of place. I do not blame the players at all there was some great plays but who I do blame is the coaches. we need a new era of coaches and clean house or this is as good as it will be for a long time. Good old boys are good old boys but that doesnt make them good coaches.

Agreed, turner and most of the home grown Gilmer coaches need to go.  Hire one of the coordinators from Carthage and let him hire a new staff. 

4 hours ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

What channel has the game?

Hello Gilmerite Faithful.......do not be disenchanted.  Your team is going thru growing pangs and a new rebirth is on the horizon.  All is within reach and changes are in progress you cannot yet see.  The real season begins next week.  My guess is that Gilmer will come out of this ordeal for the better overall......testing the mettle of the youngsters coming up.  Do not lose faith in the Gilmer tradition........be steadfast and supportive.  A new and improved Gilmer Buckeye team is in the making now.

12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Gilmer turning on it’s coaches is different to see. 

we are not turning on our coaches but have watched what has happened for years now and it hasnt been good. trayors coaching staff wasnt perfect but it worked well together minus the defense but the group we have now just dont gel. no defense with little offense and special teams hurting not to mention fundamentals needing attention we have driven this cart about as far as it will go. Time for a new era and start over.thanks to the coaches we have and for what they have done but lets face it coaches come and go just like players time for a change.

7 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

we are not turning on our coaches but have watched what has happened for years now and it hasnt been good. trayors coaching staff wasnt perfect but it worked well together minus the defense but the group we have now just dont gel. no defense with little offense and special teams hurting not to mention fundamentals needing attention we have driven this cart about as far as it will go. Time for a new era and start over.thanks to the coaches we have and for what they have done but lets face it coaches come and go just like players time for a change.

How many people on this thread has said Turner and his Gilmer assistants as to go? That’s turning. 

Last voted for the ones that could hire the ones that hired him. 

Maybe it’s yalls fault?

• Stinks 1

28 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

You have turned on Gilmer coaches. To publicly call for their jobs is Turning. I can sure understand disappointment in Gilmer’s staff. But to do it publicly to all others to feed off of is just darn right wrong. I would think an old Buckeye would have more wisdom. 

• Like 1