Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

5 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

You have turned on Gilmer coaches. To publicly call for their jobs is Turning. I can sure understand disappointment in Gilmer’s staff. But to do it publicly to all others to feed off of is just darn right wrong. I would think an old Buckeye would have more wisdom. 

Same folks that used to love running the score up on teams.  Things have changed

• Like 1

So....IF Gilmer wins district this year, will all this bad coaching talk go away? I like Coach Turner, but have said many times he and his staff need more fire. I stand by that statement. However; I believe Gilmer’s schedule has a lot to do with their record more than poor play has. Maybe the Gilmer players just aren’t as good this year compared to whom they are playing? Lots of Sophomores playing, so I would think combined with playing Van, Paris, Carthage and Newton, this would be expected? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeDaddy said:

How many of their coaches are home grown?

That's always a tough call on Hiring. If they work out awesome. But if they don't...it can cause a ripple in a small town like no other. I've seen a lot of good coaches start their careers at their hometowns. Most of the time they stay a short time and then move on to bigger and better situations. Occasionally you'll get one that comes out and does a wonderful job and stays there. The AD/HC at the High School I coach for in Virginia is a home grown man and runs one hell of a program. The town really believes in him and he does a great job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeDaddy said:

You have turned on Gilmer coaches. To publicly call for their jobs is Turning. I can sure understand disappointment in Gilmer’s staff. But to do it publicly to all others to feed off of is just darn right wrong. I would think an old Buckeye would have more wisdom. 

we all have our own opinions to each there own.I am old enough to see my own.

• Like 1

You Gilmer folks just keep it up about your coaches. Better take a look at what has happened to Navasota. Appreciate your coaches and appreciate them during the tough times too. That staff has a BUNCHAAAAAAAAA W's under their belt. Also plenty of them since Traylor has left. I've seen greed of a community kill alot more programs than any coaching staff ever could. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, Eagleborn said:

How many people on this thread has said Turner and his Gilmer assistants as to go? That’s turning. 

Last voted for the ones that could hire the ones that hired him. 

Maybe it’s yalls fault?

How about just scheduling Tatum that should get you a win?

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, RickyT said:

You Gilmer folks just keep it up about your coaches. Better take a look at what has happened to Navasota. Appreciate your coaches and appreciate them during the tough times too. That staff has a BUNCHAAAAAAAAA W's under their belt. Also plenty of them since Traylor has left. I've seen greed of a community kill alot more programs than any coaching staff ever could. 

+1000

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RickyT said:

Kirbyville

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OLD HAT said:

How about just scheduling Tatum that should get you a win?

Should get a win but if you want a guarantee then better play White Oak.  If we can hang 56 on them Gilmer would break the scoreboard!

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, RickyT said:

This is very well stated. Gilmer is a victim of their own success. They have won so many games the only people that will play them are the Newtons of the world who happen to have as many BCS athletes as Gilmer has had in their hay day. Gilmer went out and cherry picked kids from around the area and won with them and now its kinda hard to get people to play. The staff there is one of the best in the state. The talent is not what it once was. Not that they don't have good kids, but not very many schools in the state at any level have numerous kids that start for BCS colleges as freshman and that is what kind of teams Gilmer had to put themselves in this position.