Jump to content

Newton vs Gilmer


Eagles97
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They just got beat 66-14 at home by the two time defending 4A D1 state champs who have won 30 games in a row.  I highly doubt Newton will show them anything they have not seen before.

Wish y'all were on the schedule so we could see just how good we really are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilmer is a great program who just happen to be playing below their standards. They will still make the playoffs with the what 5 team district?  Anyway I admire their fans who continue to come on here and post during this down season. Gilmer fans normally flood Smoaky. Everyone has fair weather fans I guess. Don’t worry I’m sure the Buckeyes will be back sooner than later. 

After going back and looking at the district it’s possible Gilmer and SH will be fighting for that last playoff spot. That’s just looking at it on paper. Still have to play the games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what ever the reason, Gilmer will play with a deep down gut breaking mentality and give Newton a ball game.

Newton by no more than two touch downs. I feel like Gilmer will be in a track meet with you guys.

Newton is having one of those once and a life time teams and should win back to back championships, but remember you guys have a target on your back and will get every ones best game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

For what ever the reason, Gilmer will play with a deep down gut breaking mentality and give Newton a ball game.

Newton by no more than two touch downs. I feel like Gilmer will be in a track meet with you guys.

Newton is having one of those once and a life time teams and should win back to back championships, but remember you guys have a target on your back and will get every ones best game.

Not once in a lifetime teams they had it last year also going to take gilmer to the woodshed

just lucky carthage pulled the dogs off could have been a 90 point game against the bucknuts

but newton will probally keep the dogs in.it could be bad.in the traylor days if gilmer could have put up

90 points on carthage they would have left the dogs in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

Not once in a lifetime teams they had it last year also going to take gilmer to the woodshed

just lucky carthage pulled the dogs off could have been a 90 point game against the bucknuts

but newton will probally keep the dogs in.it could be bad.in the traylor days if gilmer could have put up

90 points on carthage they would have left the dogs in.

Yeah, I’m afraid they would have. Surratt won’t do that to anyone though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

Wish y'all were on the schedule so we could see just how good we really are 

Y’all are awesome, that’s how good you are.

Now, I think the offense y’all run wouldn’t put you in the best position to compete for four quarters against Carthage, but y’all have athletes.

Newton played at Carthage many many years ago at Q.M. Martin long before Surratt was even at T High. Newton came in and pushed the Bulldogs to the brink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, stangstampede said:

What’s happened to Gilmer?   They are having to play with kids that are Gilmer kids.    Didn’t have a couple D1 kids transfer in.   Newton has as many or more D1 kids as Carthage so I’m guessing it’s a woodshed kind of night.  

Turner took over and a lot of kids quit. Nobody wants to transfer over to play for him. Spring hills monster running back last year tried to come to Gilmer to play running back from John Tyler but Turner wouldn’t give him an opportunity. Turner told Stoker that if he played for Gilmer he would be on the line. So stoker moved to Spring Hill. Gilmers domination days are over with until they get new leadership with someone who cares about winning. Gilmer will be fighting Spring Hill this year for a fourth round playoff spot underneath LE, PG , & Pittsburgh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Turner took over and a lot of kids quit. Nobody wants to transfer over to play for him. Spring hills monster running back last year tried to come to Gilmer to play running back from John Tyler but Turner wouldn’t give him an opportunity. Turner told Stoker that if he played for Gilmer he would be on the line. So stoker moved to Spring Hill. Gilmers domination days are over with until they get new leadership with someone who cares about winning. Gilmer will be fighting Spring Hill this year for a fourth round playoff spot underneath LE, PG , & Pittsburgh 

 So are you saying Gilmer will struggle until they get another good recruiter?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, MoveTheChain said:

Gilmer is sorely missing their best RB/DB in Webb #7.  He would have made but a little difference last night.  Carthage is really good and Gilmer is just bad in all phases of the game right now.  Also, something I haven't seen anyone else mention is, Gilmer is NOT running the QB, AT ALL, this year.  Our QB ran the ball exactly 1 time last night, and that was on a busted play.  Hurt #6 can run.  Years past, we could reliably count on the QB picking up good rushing yards on every series of downs.  This year, it's 3-and-out, over and over and over again, with no QB threat to run.  Defenses are feasting on the somewhat bland Gilmer offense this year.

 

 

I highly doubt that Gilmer is actually “bad” at all phases of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

Turner took over and a lot of kids quit. Nobody wants to transfer over to play for him. Spring hills monster running back last year tried to come to Gilmer to play running back from John Tyler but Turner wouldn’t give him an opportunity. Turner told Stoker that if he played for Gilmer he would be on the line. So stoker moved to Spring Hill. Gilmers domination days are over with until they get new leadership with someone who cares about winning. Gilmer will be fighting Spring Hill this year for a fourth round playoff spot underneath LE, PG , & Pittsburgh 

So you are saying if Traylor was still there you would have had the stoker kid?   Wow! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

 So are you saying Gilmer will struggle until they get another good recruiter?

They will struggle until they get a leader that they want to play for. People move all the time for a chance for recognition in sports but they want to move to a program that’s productive. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...