Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

10 hours ago, mightyeagle said:

Not once in a lifetime teams they had it last year also going to take gilmer to the woodshed

just lucky carthage pulled the dogs off could have been a 90 point game against the bucknuts

but newton will probally keep the dogs in.it could be bad.in the traylor days if gilmer could have put up

90 points on carthage they would have left the dogs in.

That’s not true. Traylor and Surratt had tremendous respect for each other. Traylor coulda named the score in 2014. I think the final was 57-21. Trust me he called the dogs off early.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That’s not true. Traylor and Surratt had tremendous respect for each other. Traylor coulda named the score in 2014. I think the final was 57-21. Trust me he called the dogs off early.

Yep. Nothing but respect between Gilmer and Carthage.

Hope y`all win it all again for another threepeat. Hopefully we will give y`all a better game next year in Carthage.

See you there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I agree. I think first half would be close but second half depth would take over. I feel same way if Carthage played Longview. Itd be tight for a half maybe even three quarters but depth would become a factor. Quick question. I seen a pic of Trent Edwards standing next to a Carthage lineman I guess at a camp. Edwards is huge but this kid look like he was the all pro and Edwards was attending the camp. You know his name. Whats his weight and how tall is he. He was huge. Wasn’t sloppy looking either. I can only imagine what he will look like once a D1 strength and conditioning coach armed with the proper supplements and nutrition will turn him into. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Tykieast-Crawford-46042429/

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I buy 6-6 but he weighed 310 in 3rd grade lol. Seriously he made Edwards look tiny. That young man will be playing on Sundays. Just a jr too. Maybe 6-7 or 6-8 is a possibility. It’ll be fun watching him fill out that frame. 

Yep, sadly, he’s committed to Baylor. Maybe he’ll switch to UT before it’s all over with!

🤘🏻

😃

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Just glad he’s going to the next level. Stays healthy and he will def be a high round pick. Sure he’s a fine young men. He got a mean streak on the field. He’d be dangerous if he got pi$$ed off lol

Hahaha, certainly would be! Yeah, I would love for him to go to Texas, but I genuinely just hope he never gets injured and goes where he wants.

If he made the NFL that’d be awesome. With his size and the coaching he’s already receiving there’s no telling how good he can be.

22 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I buy 6-6 but he weighed 310 in 3rd grade lol. Seriously he made Edwards look tiny. That young man will be playing on Sundays. Just a jr too. Maybe 6-7 or 6-8 is a possibility. It’ll be fun watching him fill out that frame. 

Trent “Williams”.........the Carthage lineman is good with potential to be really good. 

1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

Newton would play Carthage close.

Newton sends “the house” on defense most every play.......#10 for Carthage would have 200 yards receiving ——— by halftime

And Longview would overpower Carthage. 

Elite teams with twice the enrollment beat the smaller team in public schools of Texas.....it is what it is

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Dude slow down. Carthage just beat an athletically loaded Marshall team with double our enrollment last week. 

Newton will know after this week that they wouldn’t want any of Carthage. It was 52-7 at the half. 2nd and 3rd team played 2nd half. Newton has the chance to see if they want to line it up with Carthage this week. Let’s have this conversation after Friday night.

See Newton is tired of this depth talk we got all we need and yes we can talk after the game Friday night and I can say I told you so

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Newton sends “the house” on defense most every play.......#10 for Carthage would have 200 yards receiving ——— by halftime

And Longview would overpower Carthage. 

Elite teams with twice the enrollment beat the smaller team in public schools of Texas.....it is what it is

No they don’t send the house on every play. We will send atleast 5 on every play but not everyone. We also have 2 guys that can cover #10. Brown and Foster are 2 pretty good DBs we have on that back end. 

31 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

See Newton is tired of this depth talk we got all we need and yes we can talk after the game Friday night and I can say I told you so

I doubt yall beat gilmer the way Carthage did....  especially the half time score.... I picked newton to win but I doubt it will be in similar fashion.... JS.... good luck

24 minutes ago, Gwbears24 said:

I’m thinking Newton may win,  but will be a humbling win for the Newton people on here thinking they are on Carthage’s level. 

I'm going to say Newton holds them to no more than 7 and we put 60 on the board they better hope the field is not dry is all I'm saying

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

I'm going to say Newton holds them to no more than 7 and we put 60 on the board they better hope the field is not dry is all I'm saying

Newton is a helluva team but that may be stretching it.... after the whoopin gilmer took last week I'm pretty sure you will see a different team this week.... JMHO

1 minute ago, JETT said:

I believe newton wins by 14-21 but not 50+... I doubt gilmer loses back to back games by 50+ in both games 

If the WoS coach would have moved the game to a dry field we would have put 50 on the board and he wouldn't because of that so y'all will just see what happens keep on thinking what u want but u will see Friday night 

2 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

If the WoS coach would have moved the game to a dry field we would have put 50 on the board and he wouldn't because of that so y'all will just see what happens keep on thinking what u want but u will see Friday night 

I will say the Gilmer team y’all play Friday night isn’t meeting the standard they’re used to. Even if y’all do win by 24+ this Buckeyes team is a shell of its former self. 

• Thanks 1