Week 5: Corrigan-Camden (3-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-1) - 9/28/18

StingEmALTO

Corrigan-Camden (3-1) @ Alto (3-1)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets host a different set of Bulldogs this week when Corrigan-Camden comes to town for the 2018 Alto Homecoming game. Both the Jackets and Bulldogs took one on the chin Friday night when Alto (3-1) fell to Garrison (2-2) 35-21 while CC (3-1) was blanked by Joaquin (4-0) 21-0. Not what either team wanted, but time to move forward in the last tune-up game before district play.

Who gets the win?!

IM GONNA BE COMPLETELY HONEST ABOUT THIS GAME..

I WATCHED THE GARRISON AND ALTO FILM AND ALTO LOOKS VERY GOOD! 

THEY LOST THAT GAME IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE 4TH..  #2 LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD RUNNING BACK WITH EXCELLENT VISION, AND ISNT SCARED TO LOWER HIS SHOULDER AND RUN! I SEEN HE RAN OVER A GARRISON DEFENDER AND TOOK IT TO THE HOUSE..

AND WORD IS FRED THACKER WILL BE RETURNING FRIDAY NIGHT TO ADD BACK TO THEIR OFFENSE.. 

I BLEED BLUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT I WILL STAND BEHIND MY BULLDOGS NO MATTER WIN OR LOSE.. 

BUT EVERYONE MUST FACE FACTS WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU..

CC HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN TO HAVE HIGH SCORING OFFENSES .. AND HAVE ALWAYS LACKED AT HAVING GREAT DEFENSES.. 

BUT THIS YEAR ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE..  WE HAVE A PRETTY DANG GOOD DEFENSE BUT JUST DONT HAVE THAT HIGH SCORING ABILITY WE ARE USE TO..  OUR DEFENSE DOES GREAT BUT OUR OFFENSE KEEPS THEM ON THE FIELD WAY TOO MUCH.. 

WE HELD JOAQUIN TO JUST 7 POINTS AT HALFTIME , IF WE COULD HAVE JUST GOT SOMETHING GOING ON OFFENSE GAME MIGHT HAVE WENT A DIFFERENT WAY..  

MY PREDICTION IS CC WILL STOP ALTO FOR AWHILE ON DEFENSE BUT THEY WILL RETURN THE FAVOR AND STOP US RIGHT BACK.. 

THEY WILL EVENTUALLY FIND A WAY TO SCORE SIMPLY BECAUSE OUR DEFENSE WILL WARE DOWN FROM BEING ON THE FIELD TOO MUCH..

I DONT BELIEVE WE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL ON ALTOS DEFENSE.. 

THIS IS ONE TIME I HOPE IM WRONG FELLAS.. IM HOPING LIKE CRAZY MY BULLDOGS CAN FIND A SPARK IN OUR OFFENSE, CAUSE THATS ALL THATS STOPPING US FROM BEING A DANG GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m taking CC just because they’ve played a tougher schedule. Alto needs to beat somebody before they’re considered legit. 

Kinda how I feel about Joe too. I mean they won’t see anyone until Tenaha other than this Garrison game. After our game with Garrison, I’m confident that we are capable of beating them. Carlisle is the only test for us in district. We won’t lose to anyone else in our district.

11 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

@CC09  It’s nice to see true fans. Riding with his team regardless! I might get mad sometimes, but no matter who the Yellow Jackets play, I’ll ride with them. Even against the Texans and Cowboys!  We’re 2-0 against them!lol

Yeah man it definitely makes it worth it when the real good season rolls around knowing you stuck with them in the bad seasons.. 

CC is just a few adjustments away on offense from being a pretty good football team.. 

and I bet alto could really probably hang with the cowboys and Texans this year... 😂 they not doing real good 

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

How’s the field after the Garrison game? From where I was,  it looked kind of bad. With all the rain that in the forecast and the game this Friday, it’ll be a MUD PIT at the start of district.

It’s actually not that bad (sidelines are terrible), but with the rain forecast this week, it’s not going to get much time to recuperate!

13 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

IM GONNA BE COMPLETELY HONEST ABOUT THIS GAME..

I WATCHED THE GARRISON AND ALTO FILM AND ALTO LOOKS VERY GOOD! 

THEY LOST THAT GAME IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE 4TH..  #2 LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD RUNNING BACK WITH EXCELLENT VISION, AND ISNT SCARED TO LOWER HIS SHOULDER AND RUN! I SEEN HE RAN OVER A GARRISON DEFENDER AND TOOK IT TO THE HOUSE..

AND WORD IS FRED THACKER WILL BE RETURNING FRIDAY NIGHT TO ADD BACK TO THEIR OFFENSE.. 

I BLEED BLUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT I WILL STAND BEHIND MY BULLDOGS NO MATTER WIN OR LOSE.. 

BUT EVERYONE MUST FACE FACTS WHEN THEY ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU..

CC HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN TO HAVE HIGH SCORING OFFENSES .. AND HAVE ALWAYS LACKED AT HAVING GREAT DEFENSES.. 

BUT THIS YEAR ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE..  WE HAVE A PRETTY DANG GOOD DEFENSE BUT JUST DONT HAVE THAT HIGH SCORING ABILITY WE ARE USE TO..  OUR DEFENSE DOES GREAT BUT OUR OFFENSE KEEPS THEM ON THE FIELD WAY TOO MUCH.. 

WE HELD JOAQUIN TO JUST 7 POINTS AT HALFTIME , IF WE COULD HAVE JUST GOT SOMETHING GOING ON OFFENSE GAME MIGHT HAVE WENT A DIFFERENT WAY..  

MY PREDICTION IS CC WILL STOP ALTO FOR AWHILE ON DEFENSE BUT THEY WILL RETURN THE FAVOR AND STOP US RIGHT BACK.. 

THEY WILL EVENTUALLY FIND A WAY TO SCORE SIMPLY BECAUSE OUR DEFENSE WILL WARE DOWN FROM BEING ON THE FIELD TOO MUCH..

I DONT BELIEVE WE WILL BE ABLE TO RUN THE BALL ON ALTOS DEFENSE.. 

THIS IS ONE TIME I HOPE IM WRONG FELLAS.. IM HOPING LIKE CRAZY MY BULLDOGS CAN FIND A SPARK IN OUR OFFENSE, CAUSE THATS ALL THATS STOPPING US FROM BEING A DANG GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.

I like your honesty. The thing Alto will have to do is hang onto the ball so our defense is not on the field so much! That was the difference in our ballgame Friday night vs. Garrison. We went from 7 to 3 to zero turnovers the first three games back up to 5! So, it’s time to bring that number back down again. It’s hard to win against a good team if you are constantly letting them have your turn with the ball! Lol I am confident we can fix this....again. 👍

• Like 1