dave campbell week 5 rankings

lionpride08

8 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

With 3A DI, having West Rusk that high is interesting and Kemp included is a bit of a head scratcher. 

Yea I don’t get Kemp either. They aren’t half the team they were last year and haven’t really played anybody but Sunnyvale. And lost that game. I figured we would drop out with that performance against Grandview. Even though they are a pretty decent team. Oh well, is what it is.

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

Well we've got 4 football staffers and they are all out at games Thursdays and 3 of the 4 are out at games on Friday's and I'm at at least one and sometimes 2 or 3 games on Saturday's as well....and that's just because Tepper has Fox duty Friday nights....its fine to not agree with the rankings but I can assure its not because we aren't out watching games....thats the kind of stuff I personally take offense to because I take it as our work ethic being questioned. 

I was assuming on my statement and you know what they say when you assume!! I have no dog in this fight but I too was wondering how predictions in high school are determined?

7 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Well we've got 4 football staffers and they are all out at games Thursdays and 3 of the 4 are out at games on Friday's and I'm at at least one and sometimes 2 or 3 games on Saturday's as well....and that's just because Tepper has Fox duty Friday nights....its fine to not agree with the rankings but I can assure its not because we aren't out watching games....thats the kind of stuff I personally take offense to because I take it as our work ethic being questioned. 

My apologies sir didn't mean to offend anybody what so ever.

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I was assuming on my statement and you know what they say when you assume!! I have no dog in this fight but I too was wondering how predictions in high school are determined?

There's no way anyone can go out and see every single team..its impossible in ten weeks so we try and go so see as many teams as we can within reason....granted most of our games are in DFW because we all live there but we travel all over the state...I'll personally see about 75 games this year..

We rely on our own opinions, tape from HUDL, along with online archived games from various outlets (if you walk into our office we have an area called the bullpen w/4 different big screen TVs and most of the time there's a  TXHSFB game on) also what we see in person, what feedback we get from coaches as well as 2 different computer polls as datapoints....there's no perfect ranking system out there....we will be right on some and wrong on others but I promise you its not from us sitting behind a computer screen not giving effort...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

There's no way anyone can go out and see every single team..its impossible in ten weeks so we try and go so see as many teams as we can within reason....granted most of our games are in DFW because we all live there but we travel all over the state...I'll personally see about 75 games this year..

We rely on our own opinions, tape from HUDL, along with online archived games from various outlets (if you walk into our office we have an area called the bullpen w/4 different big screen TVs and most of the time there's a  TXHSFB game on) also what we see in person, what feedback we get from coaches as well as 2 different computer polls as datapoints....there's no perfect ranking system out there....we will be right on some and wrong on others but I promise you its not from us sitting behind a computer screen not giving effort...

I wish I could have your job lol... keep up the good work stepp. 

7 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I gotcha I know rankings aren't an implication of how a HS football will finish 

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Then why are you bothered with Argyle being ranked ahead of Carthage? Too me it sounds like your wondering why if your explaining wins that they already know about. Just saying....!!

Doesn’t bother me one little bit; Seeing Carthage hoist that 🏆 at JerryWorld makes all of them pollsters look foolish...😜👌

When you try to predict 3A down its a hard thing to do. They are scattered around would be hard to watch games.You would have to rely on film and records. Last year records. In Gladewaters case them dropping. Much of the people on here never thought GW would be as good as they have played. I think they are just now catching the eyes of the  pollsters. With who they played they should be higher than WR at this point. The rest I'm not sure. Haven't followed any of them. Now Newton should be rank 1.

6 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

I didn't say that them beating PG wasn't a signature win did i? I didn't think I needed to type that but maybe I did. Also why would beating West Rusk not be a signature win?  AP #8 that is 4-0, wins over AP #11 and #12, tore apart Arp and Westwood. Pretty good criteria in my books.

Lol Arp and Westwood. Another comical post. You’re on a roll brother.

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

They’re going to have to stick with Argyle at #1 in 4A-D1 until they lose.

I commend DCTF for having the guts to rank Argyle ahead of back-to-back defending state champion Carthage now on a 30 game win streak if they genuinely felt Argyle is better this year, and they obviously did and still do.

If CHS winning at Marshall and a kind blowout win at Gilmer doesn’t jump them to #1 then adding a win at home against a one loss defending 4A-D2 state champ in PG and going undefeated in district won’t do it either.

Rankings mean absolutely nothing in high school football, which is part of what’s so great about it.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Seen both Argyle and Carthage play. Argyle isnt beating Carthage.

• Thanks 1