West Rusk (5-0) vs. Gladewater (5-0)

BearFan13

Who ya got?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

11 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

That’s an interesting observation. I thought the numbers dictate where teams are classified. Seems to me that you could make a case that GW is exactly where they belong. They’ve been one of the smallest 4A schools in the state the last 3 realignments. The community is getting smaller and I doubt you’ll see them back in 4A any time soon. I’ll say this, you never heard any of us whining when we were falling just short of dropping in the past so don’t expect any apologies from anyone for it finally happening. 

+1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It’s really more a shot at the system than a personal shot at Gladewater.  I would love to see them bring home a state title.

The fact that schools Gladewater, Tatum, and Atlanta are in the same classification with schools like Paul Pewitt and Ore City just shows that the system is broken. 

(And yes I know they spilt 3A for football, but not the other sports)

Our basketball district is all small but Jefferson. EF, Waskom, DF, ND, QC, HS.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It’s really more a shot at the system than a personal shot at Gladewater.  I would love to see them bring home a state title.

The fact that schools Gladewater, Tatum, and Atlanta are in the same classification with schools like Paul Pewitt and Ore City just shows that the system is broken. 

(And yes I know they spilt 3A for football, but not the other sports)

How many classifications should the UIL go to next realignment ?

Just now, GWBears01 said:

How about just root for the underdog?  GW is ranked 2 spots lower in the polls.....

The only reason why I like WR cause Years back as a kid, my adopted mother that raised me, use to be a teacher there and I grew up going to her to WR a lot even tho I went to Henderson school. Reason why I like the Bears, cause I like there intensity and there balance attack, GW is on a mission and very special this years, that's why I like both even if they are playing eachother.

15 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

How about just root for the underdog?  GW is ranked 2 spots lower in the polls.....

Polls are like titts on a boar hog. Useless!!!!

14 hours ago, coachlangley said:

Same classification as in early 90s... just took 30 years to come back around..... we were high 500s in 92 when I first went to work in Gladewater. District was  S.H., W.O., Tatum, Sabine, W.R., Gladewater and for those 2 years Rusk.

Back during the Travian and Anthony show. Was some good football back in them days. My cousin was the QB for West Rusk back then.

I like both teams and hope them the best but if WR QB doesn't play then GW would maybe win. WR needs all its players to play a very dangerous team as GW this year.WR on defense I don't really know to well but they better have a good defense An pass coverage, GW will pound the Rock with RB and also thru the air, I think GW will win, to many weapons to watch for on GW.

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I like both teams and hope them the best but if WR QB doesn't play then GW would maybe win. WR needs all its players to play a very dangerous team as GW this year.WR on defense I don't really know to well but they better have a good defense An pass coverage, GW will pound the Rock with RB and also thru the air, I think GW will win, to many weapons to watch for on GW.

I don’t see West Rusk being half as good as Pleasant Grove.  Gladewater should dominate this game!  

The Bears are playing football at a high level. Carthage is the only East Texas 4A team that could probably beat them if GW were still 4A.  

• Like 1