West Rusk (5-0) vs. Gladewater (5-0)

BearFan13

Who ya got?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

This is one of 3 games that I predicted West Rusk to lose. I really hope they prove me wrong once again. This game has a lot of excitement building up to kickoff much like the Newton game last year and I think it will meet the same expectations. Best of luck to each team, needless to say there is going to be 2 great teams on the field Friday night and may the better one win.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Waskom held their offense to 6 points. Their defense returned a fumble 28 yards for a td and fell on a fumble in the end zone for the other td. Waskom also rushed for 191 yards against that “great run defense”. 

WR played their worst game so far against waskom and still won. Get over it. 

1 minute ago, coolbear99 said:

Just got done watching what film I could find on wr and I will say that I think our offensive and defensive line play will be to much for them.  First half probably close but GW will put them away in the 3rd quarter. 

The offensive line has been a major weakness so far, poor blocking up front has kinda smothered a potentially explosive run game. I think the defensive line is solid when the right scheme is in place.

Just now, WestRusk2009 said:

The offensive line has been a major weakness so far, poor blocking up front has kinda smothered a potentially explosive run game. I think the defensive line is solid when the right scheme is in place.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if your weakness is your o-line, GW isnt a good matchup for you.... (not WR in particular im just saying in general).... GW d-line is stupid good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if your weakness is your o-line, GW isnt a good matchup for you.... (not WR in particular im just saying in general).... GW d-line is stupid good. 

I wouldn't say it's weak, it's more of a technique / discipline issue of getting blocks without penalties. 

2 minutes ago, DaBears1 said:

Won’t have to contain it long if WR can’t protect thier QB. Just saying

That’s one problem PG had. Every time they dropped back to pass he was running for his life. Also didn’t help that we were blanketing their receivers. 

8 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Didn’t PG only return 3 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense this year? If so, that means they lost a lot of talent from that State Championship team last year. Not saying they aren’t a good team this year, but there’s no way they are even close to the caliber team they were last year after losing that many players! 

Well they beat Paris (which is there only loss), beat Henderson,  and are ranked in top 10 in 4A. That a whole different level of ball that WR has been playing. PG is good, real good

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Didn’t PG only return 3 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense this year? If so, that means they lost a lot of talent from that State Championship team last year. Not saying they aren’t a good team this year, but there’s no way they are even close to the caliber team they were last year after losing that many players! 

One thing that no one should think is that PG is anything but a good team. I expect they will win their district and go deep in the playoffs. Are they as good as last year? No. Are they still a heck of a team ? YES!  

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

One thing that no one should think is that PG is anything but a good team. I expect they will win their district and go deep in the playoffs. Are they as good as last year? No. Are they still a heck of a team ? YES!  

There is no one in PG’s region that’s gonna beat them

9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Maybe you’re right. I’m just going off the film I’ve seen on them this year vs what I seen of them last year, and you can see that the talent level has fell off. They are are still a good team though. 

I’ll put it this way. I’m glad we don’t have to play them again. 

1 minute ago, coachlangley said:

Love the bears but had some good karma vs PG, would you really  want to play them again? Truly hate we wont play with all the kids, hope QB plays, cause he not practicing.

Some times things go your way. I will say that GW made a lot of those things happen. Would we want to play them again this year? I wouldn’t. Very very physical game and we lost a good OL in that game. It was two good teams and GW happened to be better that night. Would any other team in our district want to play them ?  Could any other team in our district even keep a close game with them ?

33 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Some times things go your way. I will say that GW made a lot of those things happen. Would we want to play them again this year? I wouldn’t. Very very physical game and we lost a good OL in that game. It was two good teams and GW happened to be better that night. Would any other team in our district want to play them ?  Could any other team in our district even keep a close game with them ?

Nope