West Rusk (5-0) vs. Gladewater (5-0)

BearFan13

Who ya got?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

Gladewater vs Tatum 1986-2015 record is 9-9-1. 

Gladewater vs White Oak 1974-2007 record is 25-7.

Just wanted to throw those out there before getting to the game at hand. 😁

Gladewater vs West Rusk 1965-1995 record is 23-4. The Bears have won 16 straight. Last meeting was in 1995. There have been 9 shutouts. Biggest margin of victory was in 1984 when the Bears won 49-0. Smallest margin of victory was in 1966 when the Bears won 7-6. 

Game I remember the most was in 1974, my senior year, that the Bears won 27-13. What made it stand out was that it ended in a brawl that for weeks we were worried if we would be kicked out of the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

Well, well, well..... leave the office yesterday and there is 9 pages, get in this morning and there is 16 pages with about 5 post about the actual game on hand....... y'all had some fun yesterday evening I see... 

I'm sorry WR isn't as healthy as they would like, health/luck is a good thing to have on your side.... Praying those WR kids can get back out there soon because it is no fun missing game time with injuries (been there done that)..... It SHOULD make the game more manageable for GW, doesn't guarantee a win though..... 

10 minutes ago, ETXFootball13 said:

Anyone thinking experience will play a factor in this game? WR with about 7 starters on O and 8 on D

If it had been first game of the year, I would say yes, but the Bears sophomore players have gained a lot of experience, against quality opponents in the last five games, so I don't believe that WR will have an advantage because of their returning starters. JMO though.

6 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

If it had been first game of the year, I would say yes, but the Bears sophomore players have gained a lot of experience, against quality opponents in the last five games, so I don't believe that WR will have an advantage because of their returning starters. JMO though.

I’ll say that I think the young Bears built all the confidence they’ll need in the PG game. If they kept their composure and played well in that game I think they’ll do the same here. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

I’ll say that I think the young Bears built all the confidence they’ll need in the PG game. If they kept their composure and played well in that game I think they’ll do the same here. 

I agree that the PG game built confidence, but experience doesn't come from one game, and my opinion is that without the experience and confidence gained from games against SH, Atlanta and Center, the Bears were already on a different plane when they took the field against PG. The win against the Hawks although a major win, was only the next step in the journey that had already started.

If west rusk was full strength I say 35 to 21 raiders. But being banged up like they are I say 28 to 14 bears. WR won't lose another district game after this even if they are not healthy. WO, Tatum, Sabine and Winnsboro can't handle the raiders. I know the Tatum folks wil disagree, or they say stuff like ( we are soft, young, cupcakes) to try to defer the obvious. This loss to Gladewater wil only affect the district seeding Raiders wil be ready for the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, troup7on7 said:

If west rusk was full strength I say 35 to 21 raiders. But being banged up like they are I say 28 to 14 bears. WR won't lose another district game after this even if they are not healthy. WO, Tatum, Sabine and Winnsboro can't handle the raiders. I know the Tatum folks wil disagree, or they say stuff like ( we are soft, young, cupcakes) to try to defer the obvious. This loss to Gladewater wil only affect the district seeding Raiders wil be ready for the playoffs. 

So WR is 14 points better than GW when healthy ?  Not sure what film you’ve been watching. Also if WR can hold GW to 28 points in any game I will be very impressed. Can’t wait to find out if you are right. (And I’m not saying you’re wrong). 

9 minutes ago, troup7on7 said:

I think that WR might can compete with the Bears if totally healthy but no way I see them beating them,  much less by 2 touchdowns.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GolfNut4Life said:

I think that WR might can compete with the Bears if totally healthy but no way I see them beating them,  much less by 2 touchdowns.

Here said GW would win 28 to 14 since we are not full strength. 

35 minutes ago, troup7on7 said:

I see they ain’t got that Crack epidemic taken care of over yonder in good ole Troup Texas. 

• LOL! 4
  • Stinks 1

Done lots of things but never done no crack. Maybe you crackheads in Tatum can tell what is like. Isn't it special that you and GWbear have alter egos awwwwww.