Nacogdoches vs Lindale

nacdragon07

2 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

This guy.  Lol......you must not know much about football.  I actually made the lufkin game back when Nac won the 1st one.  And there was a lot of cheering going on.  Not much booing.  Sorry bro......but you don’t know anything.   Also, you are part of what I was talking about earlier.   Negative.  

I’m talking about nac07.  

21 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

Tough to win at home with a fan base that’s always negative and doesn’t cheer at home games, unless something has changed.  Last time I was there, there were very few people standing and cheering.  

Grass and video scoreboard have nothing to do with playing well.  

Look at colleges.  One reason they play well at home is because it’s extremely loud and people are cheering for their teams.  It should be tough to play on the road.  But not in nac.  

So its the fan bases fault!!!!

Interesting!!! 

I personally don't buy into the distraction theory because you can't tell me the players are thinking about this stuff(Turf and scoreboard) while they are playing. That is the stuff fans talk about and maybe coaches. There is big section of the community that is opposed to the turf and scoreboard, but none of those people come to the games anyway. We have won 2 games on turf this year, that wasn't the point. The point is we have only won 3 home games since the season we installed the turf.  Whatever the reason/excuse, coincidence, tough scheduling, bad teams, bad coaching it is a fact and a trend. The previous post was answering a question about Nac. winning at home. This is the first year over the last 3 that we should absolutely be favored in the games scheduled at home for the rest of the year. The negativity in town comes from the results of the team over the last 30 years. The history of this program suggests we have the right to be skeptical about predictions. I for one have very high hopes that this is the group that sets us up for the next 5 years. However, we have seen this before with some of the groups that have come through and not lived up to expectations. Those teams losing had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not people where standing and cheering. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

we should absolutely be favored in the games scheduled at home for the rest of the year

Ummmmm.....

Marshall and Whitehouse say hello. 

Both at Dragon Sadium.

———-

not saying Nac can’t win either.  I just don’t think they will be favored in either.  

Jmho. 

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Ummmmm.....

Marshall and Whitehouse say hello. 

Both at Dragon Sadium.

———-

not saying Nac can’t win either.  I just don’t think they will be favored in either.  

Jmho. 

.....I flipped Hallsville and Marshall, we play those two in back to back weeks Marshall is in Nac and Hallsville is away. it was a quick glance at the schedule.... I was also mad and trying to make a point:)

I’m pulling for Nac.  They have been low too long. 

Saddens me about the lack of community support.  They deserve better. 

Same reason I pull for PT. 

Just not when they are playing the Mavs. 

The lack of community support is just mind boggling to me. 

Marshall is blessed to be a (mostly) winning program. But even in those 2011 and 2012... considering they were (3-17).... the die hards were still on the road. Abd home games still did OK. 

Hope Nac and PT can get there.  I’d rather see a district of winners. 

4 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

This guy.  Lol......you must not know much about football.  I actually made the lufkin game back when Nac won the 1st one.  And there was a lot of cheering going on.  Not much booing.  Sorry bro......but you don’t know anything.   Also, you are part of what I was talking about earlier.   Negative.  

Hmmmm whatever you say always negative huh. Who are you again ??? Are you even from Nac ??? Why do you care so much ?? I could say more but the more I respond to you the more my head begins to hurt good day.

15 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall is blessed to be a (mostly) winning program. But even in those 2011 and 2012... considering they were (3-17).... the die hards were still on the road. Abd home games still did OK. 

Thank you I pastor in Marshall now  so I’m a Maverick fan till we play y’all lol matter in fact my church got me some Mavericks gear 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Winning does a lot to improve community support!!! PT and Nac have both had very little success over the last 30 years. Nac travels better than what you saw at Rose on Thursday a 7pm kick and a Thursday killed the crowd. Especially since we had home volleyball games both NHS, SFA and middle schools that night. If they get in and stay in a playoff position the crowds will grow.  

27 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Winning does a lot to improve community support!!! PT and Nac have both had very little success over the last 30 years. Nac travels better than what you saw at Rose on Thursday a 7pm kick and a Thursday killed the crowd. Especially since we had home volleyball games both NHS, SFA and middle schools that night. If they get in and stay in a playoff position the crowds will grow.  

Remember the playoff game against Marshall at pine tree ?? We hardly had anyone there, now that was sad.

41 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Remember the playoff game against Marshall at pine tree ?? We hardly had anyone there, now that was sad.

Section I was in was full, so I don't know what the rest of it looked like. I remember it being really cold and everyone wearing gloves so there was definitely no clapping.   We limped into the playoffs that year missing Brandon Jones and most of secondary for the last half of the year.

Unfortunately going to take a few years of making it or a win or two to get the bandwagon rolling. 

11 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Section I was in was full, so I don't know what the rest of it looked like. I remember it being really cold and everyone wearing gloves so there was definitely no clapping.   We limped into the playoffs that year missing Brandon Jones and most of secondary for the last half of the year.

Unfortunately going to take a few years of making it or a win or two to get the bandwagon rolling. 

That was the worst playoff crowd we ever had as far as attendance going all the way back to the 80’s 

Yeah.  I was shocked at the 2014 Nac playoff crowd. 

Granted.  It was CCCOOOLLLLDDD. 

But for a program so hungry for the playoffs.... I remember being baffled by the small crowd that game. 

Not even sure what our crowd was like that game.   But it was def more than Nac. 

Hope they can make it all come together.   Just not when they play Marshall. 

Good luck vs Lindale. 

They are much better than their record shows.  They have playmakers. And clearly a coaching staff that brings out the best in them

26 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Yeah.  I was shocked at the 2014 Nac playoff crowd. 

Granted.  It was CCCOOOLLLLDDD. 

But for a program so hungry for the playoffs.... I remember being baffled by the small crowd that game. 

Mont even sure what our crowd was like that game.   But it was def more than Nac. 

Hope they can make it all come together.   Just not when they play Marshall. 

Good luck vs Lindale. 

They are much better than their record shows.  They have playmakers. Abd clearly a coaching staff that brings out the best in them

The athletic director at lindale was my high school chemistry teacher and basket ball coach. 

Marshall crowd that night filled the visitor side at pine tree. 

I saw Nac play last Thursday Vs. Jax.... and I saw Lindale Vs. us on Friday.

1.  If Nac turns the ball over like they did Vs. Jax.... they will lose.  Lindale knows how to cash in on mistakes.

2.  If the Lindale team that played in the first half Vs. Marshall plays 4 quarters Vs. Nac..... Dragons will be in trouble.  They can move the ball.

3.  Neither showed much propensity for defense.... so it could be a high scoring game.

4.  I honestly EXPECT Nac to win..... but I wouldn't be shocked if Lindale won.

Lots of football to still be played...but if the top 4 all improve to 2-0.... it's going to make it really tough on the bottom four.

7 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Anyway back to the game is there any Lindale fans on this forum ??

Yes I’m from Lindale. I honestly think this will be a good game. Could see it going either way. Lindale’s offense is good but defense needs work. I agree with mavchamp, this could be a high scoring game

On 10/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, Mavchamp said:

Both nac and pine tree will make playoffs this year

On 10/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, Jets said:

Both nac and pine tree will make playoffs this year

We will have a better idea tonight...a 2-0 start for both will be big. I think this is bigger for Nac to go 2-0 tonight. Beating lindale and Jacksonville already would give them a pretty big advantage. No offense to hallsville or Mp they can still do damage but they appear to be the weaker of the teams in this district . They could both come in and beat Nac.  Beating 2 of the 4 teams that will be battling for the last playoff spot would be a nice start to this district season. 

Hope Nac comes out and plays well tonight. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

We will have a better idea tonight...a 2-0 start for both will be big. I think this is bigger for Nac to go 2-0 tonight. Beating lindale and Jacksonville already would give them a pretty big advantage. No offense to hallsville or Mp they can still do damage but they appear to be the weaker of the teams in this district . They could both come in and beat Nac.  Beating 2 of the 4 teams that will be battling for the last playoff spot would be a nice start to this district season. 

Hope Nac comes out and plays well tonight. 

The playoff picture will clear up after tonight, or be a total mess

• Thanks 1