Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

Hooker seems to stay back and let the assistants work.  He doesn’t seem to be a hands on type of coach. IMO this doesn’t match well with CH. A head coach at CH needs to be head strong, huge on discipline, high energy, type of leader. He lets the assistants design the practice schedules and practice design. Offensively they seemed to learn new schemes every week in a attempt to find something that works but each week would always revert to there basic offense. The kids had to learn new plays and schemes each week while never really learning there basic offense. It was very confusing. So much effort and time was burnt each week learning new stuff that was never really played. I witnessed our kids come off the field after several games stating the defense was literally calling every play. It takes forever to get a play call in and once our offense gets the play there is literally seconds left. Our o-line was down this year and our qb saw LOTS of pressure. Instead of making the defense check up a little by throwing screens or short dumps we consistently look for the long ball or 25yd plus passes. Very confusing   IMO practices need a lot more conditioning and more hitting/tackling drills. We look very elementary as a football team with very little discipline. 

2 hours ago, JugLine said:

Hooker seems to stay back and let the assistants work.  He doesn’t seem to be a hands on type of coach. IMO this doesn’t match well with CH. A head coach at CH needs to be head strong, huge on discipline, high energy, type of leader. He lets the assistants design the practice schedules and practice design. Offensively they seemed to learn new schemes every week in a attempt to find something that works but each week would always revert to there basic offense. The kids had to learn new plays and schemes each week while never really learning there basic offense. It was very confusing. So much effort and time was burnt each week learning new stuff that was never really played. I witnessed our kids come off the field after several games stating the defense was literally calling every play. It takes forever to get a play call in and once our offense gets the play there is literally seconds left. Our o-line was down this year and our qb saw LOTS of pressure. Instead of making the defense check up a little by throwing screens or short dumps we consistently look for the long ball or 25yd plus passes. Very confusing   IMO practices need a lot more conditioning and more hitting/tackling drills. We look very elementary as a football team with very little discipline. 

When are you applying?????

Seems you have all the answers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bignasty said:

When are you applying?????

Seems you have all the answers

Seems i have ruffled some feathers!

Well sir I’m not qualified to apply. Not even close. But....that’s what is disappointing i guess. Im not a coach nor do i have much experience but even myself watched a very frustrating season. And i know some very loyal fans (20+yrs) that say they would rather stay home then go to a game and get their heart rate up and go home frustrated. 

No i don’t have the answers but i have a few simple suggestions even though I’m just a fan/parent  with no qualifications.  

To name a few....

How many taunting penalities did we have this year? How many were by the same athlete?

Ride the pine no matter who it is. There is a kid on the sideline anxious to get in. It will stop or they won’t play

How many times did our own kids scuffle against each other? Games, halftime, practice?

Ride the pine no matter who it is. There is a kid on the sideline anxious to get in. It will stop or they won’t play. 

How many times did all athletes not participate in team meetings/post game meetings?

Ride the pine no matter who it is. There is a kid on the sideline anxious to get in. It will stop or they won’t play. 

How many times did a play go wrong and kids simply give up and walk off the field instead of finishing the play?

How many times did a athlete walk off the field? Throw a fit on the sideline in front of the fans?

My point is this is simple discipline. Even my unqualified self can see it along with everyone else.  

5 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Who ruffled whose feathers????

i have no dog in this show.   Just hard to read stuff in here when it comes from parents who have no clue on what happens day in and day out in a program

You can watch the games and tell. Not too mention i didnt miss a practice. 

11 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Who ruffled whose feathers????

i have no dog in this show.   Just hard to read stuff in here when it comes from parents who have no clue on what happens day in and day out in a program

Would you agree that you can tell a lot about discipline by watching the teams habits every Friday night? Would you agree that you can tell the difference in a well coached team and not so well coached team on Friday night?

Kind of like raising kids. You can tell how well they are raised by the way they act and respect others in public. Not knowing the day to day discipline. 

2 hours ago, JugLine said:

Just love supporting my kid/kids. 

With support at home like you it is safe to say the kids will not be 'ALL IN' for the team and coaches.  It is hard enough to start a new program.  It is impossible when the kids get home and get negative mixed messages about their program from their main support line.

17 minutes ago, WObanker said:

With support at home like you it is safe to say the kids will not be 'ALL IN' for the team and coaches.  It is hard enough to start a new program.  It is impossible when the kids get home and get negative mixed messages about their program from their main support line.

How many CH games did you watch this year?

29 minutes ago, WObanker said:

Couldn’t have said it better!!!   Thanks for this comment.

IMO.... parents that watch every practice are not supporters..... they are helicopter parents that hover around waiting for something to complain about.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bignasty said:

IMO.... parents that watch every practice are not supporters..... they are helicopter parents that hover around waiting for something to complain about.

Y’all can make all the excuses you want. 

You can’t give a opinion in this day and time without feelings getting hurt. Give your opinions and the excuses flow. Now we don’t like supportive parents. I’ve heard it all now. 90% of these kids would just love for anyone to show up and show support. I’ve heard a staff admin say these coaches spend a lot of time just making sure some of these kids are fed.  I guess practices need to be shutdown to the public. 

23 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Again, if you don’t have a dog in this hunt nor watched a single game right?

No I don’t have a dog in the Chapel Hill situation.

But as a coach I do have a strong opinion of parents that get on a message board and openly criticize a coach or program.

Coaches do a lot more than just coach.  They teach classes, drive buses, have extra duty, and many more things.

Why don’t you go sit in your kids English class or Math Class.   Critique those teachers.  Tell them what they are doing wrong. Get on Facebook and express your views so everyone can read it .  

Again.....your a helicopter parent that wants to observe everything that goes on at CH.

• Like 2

Just now, bignasty said:

Heck.... see if you can get in the team photo next year as the Team Dad!!!!!  Make it official 

Good idea....and I’m going to tell my clients tomorrow not to work us watch. We work our butts off and don’t want to hear any opinions nor do we want to be held accountable. That’s the new norm nowadays right! 

Tell me where your working tomorrow and I will put up an umbrella and unfold my lawn chair.   Might even pack a cooler with lunch so I can take it all in. 

I will have my hot spot working so I can google info on your profession so I can become an expert.   

5 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Heck.... see if you can get in the team photo next year as the Team Dad!!!!!  Make it official 

Btw, when these kids come to my house, they don’t throw fits, show disrespect, fight, etc. Do you know why? Because it’s not allowed period. Yes the same kids that show no discipline on the football field. 

10 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Tell me where your working tomorrow and I will put up an umbrella and unfold my lawn chair.   Might even pack a cooler with lunch so I can take it all in. 

I will have my hot spot working so I can google info on your profession so I can become an expert.   

Sounds great. I’ll gladly take any of your opinions and not get my feelings hurt . It was my choice to get in this profession knowing that there would be opinions. 

1 minute ago, bignasty said:

You got my vote for Dad of the year!!!!!!!!   

Thanks i try hard. What’s weird is i make them respect my house but they still keep coming back so they are open to discipline if it’s shown to them. 

2 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Lol!!!!!!!  I am being SARCASTIC......... dude I really could careless what you do for a living.  

I’m still wondering how you can judge my opinions but no nothing about CH.

Nevermind i forget no opinions are allowed in this day and time