Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

19 minutes ago, SAVEourSCHOOLS said:

Jug line, you are a complete vagina coming on here and bashing the coach. In fact that’s probably why your boys don’t play. It’s genetic, they are vags like their daddy. Add to the fact that CH is horrible. Your kids are too bad to play on a horrible team. Lol, u r a tool and a bag.

Lordy Lordy my kid plays. 😂

i appreciate your name calling. It’s quite comical. I’m guessing your part of this new generation where everyone wins and opinions can’t be given. I’m old school get over it. 

My son, the vagina, myself, the vagina, think your comments are cute. 

Btw your comments about CH’s horrible team is such a positive reflection on the staff. What makes you any diff than me? Besides I’m a vagina. 

• Like 1

There's nothing in the raw data to indicate that his outcomes at Chapel Hill are any different than what might have been expected based on the outcomes of his immediate past head coaching experience. Those who hired him must have seen something positive and based the decision on more than just his won-lost record as a Head Coach.

Keep in mind that raw data IS purely raw data and doesn't not take into consideration the year-to-year changes in level of available personnel.  IMPORTANT REMINDER:  All things equal, if you believe 100% in statistical data - you can set your hair on fire and freeze your feet in a bucket of ice AND be perfectly comfortable.

The two items that do stick out from the data are:

1. Defense at CH was slightly better under his predecessor

2. The CH offense suffered the loss of at least two to three touchdowns a game when the quarterback vagabonded over to Brook Hill via JT.

His record for four years at Brownsboro he was 10-31, with his best year being 5-6 and his worst being 1-9 (2nd yr).

The year before he got there, their record was 5-5. In the four years before him they were 20-21, with their best year 8-2 and their worst was 1-9.

The year after he left, their record was 5-6. In the two years since he left, they are 8-14.

During his four years there, his offense scored 29.9 ppg.

The year before he got there, the offense scored 35.2 ppg.

The year after he left, the offense scored 32.3 ppg.

During his four years there, his defense allowed 37.7 ppg.

The year before he got there, their defense allowed 35.2 ppg.

The year after he left, their defense allowed 35.0 ppg.

His record for two years at Chapel Hill has been 4-16.

In the two years before he got there, their record was 5-16.

In his two years at CH, their district record is 0-11.

In the two years prior to coming, CH's district record was 3-7.

During his two years at CH, his offense scored 21.0 ppg.

In the two years before he got to CH, the offense scored 19.6 ppg.

During his two years at CH, his defense allowed 37.7 ppg.

In the two years before he got to CH, his defense allowed 31.4 ppg.

There's nothing here to indicate anything but the status quo for the first two years of the regime ...

all things considered, more than likely things could well be more of the same in the near future.

That's not a judgement ... it's just where the data is leading - ESPECIALLY when looking down the cannon barrel at the same schedule for another year ... but, you never know.  But the time is now - lead, follow, or get outta the way.

tools.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 4:33 PM, Stankylegg said:

He put a two page add in the football program showcasing the teams he has coached on, the players he has coached, and all his accomplishments as a coach.  No doubt he’s been around and involved in some great things.  At the end of the day people want wins. Like I said before, I don’t think 10-0 is what the community expects from a guy, but 1-9 isn’t going to make people jump on your wagon. 

What coach brags on himself like this...geeze...

On 1/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, Cougar12345 said:

What coach brags on himself like this...geeze...

Dunno ... good question.

Maybe that's what you do to go into CYA-mode, when you suddenly realize that that pre-district schedule you just put together for your kids might not have been such a good idea - and the way things are shaping up, you may have bit off more than the kids can chew.  Don't blame me - look at my jewelry and at all these kids that I coached-up into stars.

Hope it all works out ... for the kids' sake.

prob.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 7:21 AM, bignasty said:

This statement backs up my point .

If a player is god enough the colleges will find them.   You mention stats in here.  You think college coaches base things on stats.

So a player moved to Brook Hill .   Had a monster season..... heck who wouldn’t have a monster season playing against that level of competition. 

I have sat in on a parent meeting before where the parent wants to know the chances of their son playing college football.  They want him to get a full scholarship.   Our HC who has won numerous state championships has told many of these parents his honest opinion .   

Just because a parent thinks their kid is college material doesn’t make it the coaches fault if the kid doesn’t get a scholarship 

Just pondering ... and thinkin bout the maybes ... dunno

.d1.jpg

38 minutes ago, DOB said:

Just pondering ... and thinkin bout the maybes ... dunno

.d1.jpg

D1 talent is comprised of two things size or speed, or a rare combination of the two.  (QB's are evaluated differently, obviously)

A kid either has D1 size or he doesn't, talent can not overcome that.

A kid either has D1 speed or he doesn't, talent can not overcome that.

There are rare instances when this is not true, but then there better be some level of extreme physicality, or earth shattering production to catch a coaches attention.

If a kid does not have one or the other, or both, then a prefered walk-on offer is the best a talented kid can hope for at the D! level.

There are no more PROJECTS at the D1 level, coaches expect Freshman to be able to come in and contribute immediately.

45 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

D1 talent is comprised of two things size or speed, or a rare combination of the two.  (QB's are evaluated differently, obviously)

A kid either has D1 size or he doesn't, talent can not overcome that.

A kid either has D1 speed or he doesn't, talent can not overcome that.

There are rare instances when this is not true, but then there better be some level of extreme physicality, or earth shattering production to catch a coaches attention.

If a kid does not have one or the other, or both, then a prefered walk-on offer is the best a talented kid can hope for at the D! level.

There are no more PROJECTS at the D1 level, coaches expect Freshman to be able to come in and contribute immediately.

We should never forget that this is what separates non-recruiting HS coaching from their recruiting partners in the College/Pro ranks ... 

Our kids are "our" people - our future ... our level can be pressurized, but we best not forget that we can't judge the worth of kids/human beings based on how fast they can run and high high they can jump ... we leave that up to the big boys who coach AND run a business for a living.  Our kids are not commodities to be used up and cast aside.  Not all coaches on the upper levels are like that, of course ... but in my collegiate experience, that's what I saw ... what I saw resulted in me changing my major away from coaching/teaching ... these were NOT my role models that I saw in HS ... and it took several years before I could keep it in perspective and return to the field.

however.jpg

Extremely disappointed in Smoaky and his moderators for allowing lies and slander with a weak claim of only being “opinions” (as if that eases the attack) about a very well respected man from a couple of simple minded fools to be posted on this board.  “Opinions” we all get, they mean absolutely nothing except to the people who voice them... bold face lies however about a man who has more class is his pinky toe than some of the entire bloodlines of these posters on here is unacceptable.  You take 4 keyboard warriors shaping 13,000 opinions (views) with lies about man 98% of these people have never met and know nothing about and who is unable to defend himself on here.  Then again, that is a narssisists weapon of defense, lies and slander. 

BTW, how ignorant does one have to be to actually believe a coach would take out an ad just to brag about himself?  As a viewer, why not make an attempt to do a little research on where that really came from before buying into the complete foolery?

And go ahead and speak on this being my first post... it’s not.  I have plenty, however it has been a while and was easier to create new than remember what email to what username to create a new password blah blah.. thank you, next. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

HeadsUp25

17 hours ago, HeadsUp25 said:

Extremely disappointed in Smoaky and his moderators for allowing lies and slander with a weak claim of only being “opinions” (as if that eases the attack) about a very well respected man from a couple of simple minded fools to be posted on this board.  “Opinions” we all get, they mean absolutely nothing except to the people who voice them... bold face lies however about a man who has more class is his pinky toe than some of the entire bloodlines of these posters on here is unacceptable.  You take 4 keyboard warriors shaping 13,000 opinions (views) with lies about man 98% of these people have never met and know nothing about and who is unable to defend himself on here.  Then again, that is a narssisists weapon of defense, lies and slander. 

BTW, how ignorant does one have to be to actually believe a coach would take out an ad just to brag about himself?  As a viewer, why not make an attempt to do a little research on where that really came from before buying into the complete foolery?

And go ahead and speak on this being my first post... it’s not.  I have plenty, however it has been a while and was easier to create new than remember what email to what username to create a new password blah blah.. thank you, next. 

Ha

I will repeat in case you missed it or cannot scroll up to read for whatever reason.  There is a difference between “opinions” and blatant lies - one of which was just repeated with the misconception that because it was followed by “supposedly”, it makes it ok.  Do people really think none of these coaches know who these 3-4 disgruntled posters are? Or not know what the agenda is by spreading lies and slander?  “Opinion” vs multiple lies... it’s a fine line.  Tread lightly.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

24 minutes ago, HeadsUp25 said:

I will repeat in case you missed it or cannot scroll up to read for whatever reason.  There is a difference between “opinions” and blatant lies - one of which was just repeated with the misconception that because it was followed by “supposedly”, it makes it ok.  Do people really think none of these coaches know who these 3-4 disgruntled posters are? Or not know what the agenda is by spreading lies and slander?  “Opinion” vs multiple lies... it’s a fine line.  Tread lightly.

Are you saying stanky is lying about the head coach not being around for summer offseason? 

If you think that this forum has any reflection on a coaches future, you must be really insecure. I’m pretty sure the school board and super don’t go to smoaky to determine the fate of employment. Come on!

• Like 1

Ants & Cockroaches … an East Texas Parable

Ants work in the daylight. They don't hide. You know they're there. They're upfront about their presence. They let you know that you have potential issues. As long as you keep the lines of communication open by recognizing that they are there, they generally don't present an unrepairable problem. But if you chose to completely ignore their concerns and their presence, enough ants in one location can eventually lead to a nest being built. And that can become a infestation. If you wait too long, the damage may be so severe that you need to move out of your house.

Cockroaches are a different breed – and they are your true threat. They hide and only come out when the lights are off – when they know you're not looking. They work their agenda behind the scenes. And if the light does turn on, they quickly scurry back into hiding.  Therefore, you'll probably never know they're there until its too late. They're very good at spreading their brand of political disease under the cover of darkness in order to hide their true identity. In the end, they will be much more effective at disruption than the ants because their disruption will be too late for you to try to repair. Just like the line out of old war movies - "You never hear the bullet that kills you" - you'll never know what hit you until your infection becomes a full-blown plague.

Worry more about the effect of the cockroaches than the ants.  In fact, sometimes enough ants on your side can fend off the cockroaches.  No cockroach likes living around a fire ant mound.  To survive an impending attack, one must learn to tell the difference.

More than one coach I have seen over the years never knew he had a major issue - until the sup called him into his office in May to tell him he was being let go or reassigned  - and the cockroaches had their way with another one.  And although most on here are more or less well-meaning ants with legitimate (though often frustrated) concerns, I'm willing to bet you right now that some of those cockroaches are Smoaky regulars ... waiting for the dark - posting one thing while plotting something entirely different - hoping no one will catch on who they are - and you'll probably never suspect.  It is what it is - and what it is IS reality - without the therapy.

LECTURED.jpg

On 1/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, DOB said:

Good advice .... thanks.

somewhat.jpg

So very true. Everybody likes some level of brash, arrogance or bravado in their coach. It usually means he has a level of confidence that will be translated to his players and ultimately result in wins on the field. It is hard to be good, if you don't think you are good. I've seen way more teams get beat due to a lack of confidence as opposed to too much confidence. But, it is a fine lie the coach and his players have to walk. As long as the level of confidence does not spill over into "laziness" or an "I'm good enough, I don't have to work as hard" attitude then you have not crossed the line. However, once you do cross that line then you probably need to move on a do some self evaluation before you start your next job. Because there is usually no going back.

58 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

So very true. Everybody likes some level of brash, arrogance or bravado in their coach. It usually means he has a level of confidence that will be translated to his players and ultimately result in wins on the field. It is hard to be good, if you don't think you are good. I've seen way more teams get beat due to a lack of confidence as opposed to too much confidence. But, it is a fine lie the coach and his players have to walk. As long as the level of confidence does not spill over into "laziness" or an "I'm good enough, I don't have to work as hard" attitude then you have not crossed the line. However, once you do cross that line then you probably need to move on a do some self evaluation before you start your next job. Because there is usually no going back.

Well said