Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 AM, DOB said:

Just pondering ... and thinkin bout the maybes ... dunno

.d1.jpg

This... so much... every time I have met a d1 caliber recruit (except 1) its been a fight to keep them eligible, to keep them out of ISS, to get them to where they qualify for D1 schools...  How do you make a 12 on your ACT?  I just don't get it.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, MavGrad99 said:

This... so much... every time I have met a d1 caliber recruit (except 1) its been a fight to keep them eligible, to keep them out of ISS, to get them to where they qualify for D1 schools...  How do you make a 12 on your ACT?  I just don't get it.

Chapel Hill has always been a very interesting school district. 

9 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Interesting. My experience is quite opposite. We have had over 100 D1 kids come through and the vast majority of them were great kids and students. Of course we begin the indoctrination of what it takes to be a college athlete at the 7th grade level with both the athletes and their parents. The focus was always on grades first. Our kids had to work hard or get passed by so work ethic was ingrained early too. Not to say that we don't have knuckleheads and some crazy parents but the door is always open for them to leave and they know it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, CHinsider said:

Chapel Hill opening soon. Captain Hook to set sail. He is free from the dog pound. No winning season in sight. Who will be the next Leader of the pack? Someone that is already Down with Dean.

Where is he going in another direction? Admin ??

9 hours ago, CHinsider said:

Chapel Hill opening soon. Captain Hook to set sail. He is free from the dog pound. No winning season in sight. Who will be the next Leader of the pack? Someone that is already Down with Dean.

Is this official?

On 1/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, Cougar12345 said:

Where is he going in another direction? Admin ??

Captain Hooks next destination has not been released. Known fact that the next port he stops in can expect a well run ship. Just ask his staff. The farewells will be hard. 

18 hours ago, JugLine said:

Is this official?

The Captain Hook is more than just a Captain. Any one that has sailed on his ship knows he is better than most adminminstrators. Hard to take your ship to a championship with so many pirates in your own water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHinsider said:

The Captain Hook is more than just a Captain. Any one that has sailed on his ship knows he is better than most adminminstrators. Hard to take your ship to a championship with so many pirates in your own water.  

I was told by a coach that he is the best administrator they have had. A coach that’s been coaching for 30 years. 

22 minutes ago, JugLine said:

I was told by a coach that he is the best administrator they have had. A coach that’s been coaching for 30 years. 

That would be co-signed by many on his ship. CH has been lucky to have many good coaches in their past. Captain Hook just takes the AD position to a higher level.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, CHinsider said:

17 hours ago, CHinsider said:

Captain Hooks next destination has not been released. Known fact that the next port he stops in can expect a well run ship. Just ask his staff. The farewells will be hard. 

17 hours ago, CHinsider said:

The Captain Hook is more than just a Captain. Any one that has sailed on his ship knows he is better than most administrators. Hard to take your ship to a championship with so many pirates in your own water.  

You must be family... 

I still believe he needed more time. The new Superintendent will run the show now...

He is one of your pirates. 

20 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

i wonder if Khalan Griffin's family still owns property in the CH school district?

Sources say yes. 

23 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

This still isn't open, right?

Not official

20 hours ago, Cougar12345 said:

You must be family... 

I still believe he needed more time. The new Superintendent will run the show now...

He is one of your pirates. 

If you have sailed with the Captain then you are family.

More time would have been ideal. Just breaking through on changing the culture is what several sources say. Next hire will seem like a hero thanks to what has already been implemented.

Lead Pirate is strong, but loyalty is weak.

13 hours ago, CHinsider said:

If you have sailed with the Captain then you are family.

More time would have been ideal. Just breaking through on changing the culture is what several sources say. Next hire will seem like a hero thanks to what has already been implemented.

Lead Pirate is strong, but loyalty is weak.

Sad that this has happened to so many coaches over the years.

11 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hmm.....

That is very interesting.

Why couldn't the Captain keep his First Mate (QB) Griffin on the Ship to help lead them ?

Hard to keep first mate when he wanted to jump ship from the beginning. First mate had some toxic strings attached is what other team mates claim. 

One of my favorite lessons from one of my favorite people .... RIP

Most people are pretty good about doing what they think is right ...

but most of those - not so much at admitting they were ever wrong.

As a general rule, people would rather be ruined by insincere praise than saved by a little sincere constructive criticism.

While those people usually survive the good year, they seldom survive the bad one.BUM.jpg

I have a question for all you supporting Hooker and downing Dean. Is it not self inflicting as a coach to allow things to happen on the field (that would suggest no discipline) all while Dean is watching from the stands? Does it boost Deans confidence in his coach to sit and watch it? For those of you that don’t know Dean, he happens to know a thing or two about football.