Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If only they hadn't gotten rid of his wife's position along with some of his own staff. Might have stayed. Welp. At least there will be great facilities to walk into on that Crosby campus for the next guy. 

Isn’t Crosby ISD still in serious financial distress?

38 minutes ago, DevelopQB said:

Don’t know much about Crosby except they were 7-3 last year,   4-3 in district play and that district was not that strong.   Is the coach at Crosby a CH guy?  Again, I just don’t know that much about this whole situation except for I was tired of hearing about with nothing happening until yesterday.  

(10-2) New Caney - (w) 28-14

(9-3) Manvel - (w) 49-47

(9-5) West Orange-Stark - (w) 35-24

(4-6) Vidor - (w) 42-36

(0-10) Dayton - (w) 56-41

(9-4) Port Neches-Groves - (w by forfeit) 48-45

(5-6) Santa Fe - (L) 28-20

(7-4) Barbers Hill - (L) 49-30

(10-2) Nederland - (L) 45-22

(4-6) Baytown Lee - (w) 30-28

It’s worth noting that on October 8, 2018 the district declared a financial emergency, and then proceeded to lay off over 100 staff members over the next month.

16 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Crosby’s district was very strong and balanced.   Just have to match up out of the gate in playoffs with the Manvels and Fort Bend Marshall’s of the Greater Houston Area

2018 - did not make playoffs

2017 - (1st rd) lost to PNG 72-69

2016 - (2nd rd) ost to FBM 42-21

2015 - (2nd rd) lost to Ridge Point 42-14

2014 - (5th rd) lost to Cedar Park 49-21

2013 - (2nd rd) lost to Elgin 56-28

2012 - (2nd rd) lost to Manor 49-32

Let's be honest here... Why would anybody want to take this job?  Expectations that are higher than the talent pool, administration that does not support their "guys" when push comes to shove, a school board that should have been replaced years ago who worry about the wrong things, a lack of discipline in the entire high school (not just athletic program), and oh yeah... they play in the district of doom.  You people celebrating the loss of Hooker need to wake up and understand that maybe it's not the coach.  It's like when you keep having the same issue in a relationship.... at some point you have to say maybe it's me with the problem.

1 hour ago, jhigh2442 said:

Let's be honest here... Why would anybody want to take this job?  Expectations that are higher than the talent pool, administration that does not support their "guys" when push comes to shove, a school board that should have been replaced years ago who worry about the wrong things, a lack of discipline in the entire high school (not just athletic program), and oh yeah... they play in the district of doom.  You people celebrating the loss of Hooker need to wake up and understand that maybe it's not the coach.  It's like when you keep having the same issue in a relationship.... at some point you have to say maybe it's me with the problem.

+1

3 hours ago, ChynaStopper said:

Again. Why do y’all assume he is taking the CH job?

I think only one poster has claimed that.  I’m not considering it for real, until it happens.  In the mean time it doesn’t hurt to do a little homework on what type of program he ran at Crosby.

Mike Thomas was one of the architects of the 1989 state championship, and the word around Lilbert, TX is he’s itching to get off the tractor and back on the sideline. Don’t be surprised if Chapel Hill shocks the world and lures the great Coach Thomas our of retirement 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jhigh2442 said:

Most of what you’re saying has been claimed by two or three posters on here.  Unless you’re a part of the district and in the community, then you probably don’t really know how things truely are in CH.

As far as celebrating the loss of Hooker, I don’t think most people in the community are thrilled that things didn’t work out, but again unless you have been a CH fan and present at the games for the last 10+ years you probably don’t have a good picture of what is/isn’t working.

Hooker, in my opinion, just wasn’t a good fit.  That doesn’t mean that the community doesn’t support the coaching staff, and that doesn’t mean Hooker is a bad person, or that he can’t win somewhere else. It just wasn’t a fit. I remember back when CH hired Hooker, people from communities all over East Texas got on here, Facebook, Twitter, and other outlets and talked about how they were shocked any school would want him.  At this point Hooker and his program are in the past, and it’s important to learn from it, good and bad, and focus on the future. 

You say expectations are are higher than the talent pool.  What are the expectations?

You say administration doesn’t support their guy.  How do you know?

You say the school board should have been replaced years ago.  Do you know the tenure of the current members?

You say discipline is an issue in the high school.   Do you know this for a fact?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Most of what you’re saying has been claimed by two or three posters on here.  Unless you’re a part of the district and in the community, then you probably don’t really know how things truely are in CH.

As far as celebrating the loss of Hooker, I don’t think most people in the community are thrilled that things didn’t work out, but again unless you have been a CH fan and present at the games for the last 10+ years you probably don’t have a good picture of what is/isn’t working.

Hooker, in my opinion, just wasn’t a good fit.  That doesn’t mean that the community doesn’t support the coaching staff, and that doesn’t mean Hooker is a bad person, or that he can’t win somewhere else. It just wasn’t a fit. I remember back when CH hired Hooker, people from communities all over East Texas got on here, Facebook, Twitter, and other outlets and talked about how they were shocked any school would want him.  At this point Hooker and his program are in the past, and it’s important to learn from it, good and bad, and focus on the future. 

You say expectations are are higher than the talent pool.  What are the expectations?

You say administration doesn’t support their guy.  How do you know?

You say the school board should have been replaced years ago.  Do you know the tenure of the current members?

You say discipline is an issue in the high school.   Do you know this for a fact?

You’re probably talking to a disgruntled member of Hooker’s staff. 

I cant speak for the off the field stuff but Chapel Hill should be a pretty good 4AD1 gig. Largest enrollment in the district...great success just a few years ago...close to Tyler but not in Tyler...and right now expectations are subdued. If the new guy comes in and goes 5-5 his first season he is probably district coach of the year. If it is not Riordan it should still get plenty of interest.

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They never reached 7-0 on the field and the QB got hurt in the Vidor game. Yes layoffs included ppl off Rio's staff. 

I’ve read the same things.  Looks like between the QB and the layoffs the season took some tough unexpected blows.

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

I’ve read the same things.  Looks like between the QB and the layoffs the season took some tough unexpected blows.

Crosby ran into some district opponents that were not weak like in the past. (Santa Fe and Lee for example) 

Rio will be fine wherever he lands, some ISD is about to get lucky whether it's Chapel Hill or somebody else. There was a culture change in Crosby when he got there, im sure he'll have the same impact elsewhere.