Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

21 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Sorry to interrupt, nicely spoken and yes the La Vega RB of last Years was better then PG of last year, yes you brought that to the point. No disrespect,PG y'all a great team but some of PG fan, has so much Arrogance just from one, first ever State title from last years, now you think you can take on everybody including King Kong lol.

Lion knows 

Nonothing.... If Pleasant Grove has enough fans like you to fill the stands Friday night , fans who Believe as strongly in them as you, fans who travel great distances in support of them & sit out in the cold & the rain supporting them as they face an Awesome adversary against whom Defeat is probable, but not Impossible; Perhaps, perhaps they Will have a shot....Will this be Enough? 

........I can’t wait to see this game! Keep up the support; They Feed off it, just like Th’ Dawgs do!😏

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Nonothing.... If Pleasant Grove has enough fans like you to fill the stands Friday night , fans who Believe as strongly in them as you, fans who travel great distances in support of them & sit out in the cold & the rain supporting them as they face an Awesome adversary against whom Defeat is probable, but not Impossible; Perhaps, perhaps they Will have a shot....Will this be Enough? 

........I can’t wait to see this game! Keep up the support; They Feed off it, just like Th’ Dawgs do!😏

...and that is all I am saying. They have a shot, it's up to them to make it happen. Regardless, as they say, iron sharpens iron.

6 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

...and that is all I am saying. They have a shot, it's up to them to make it happen. Regardless, as they say, iron sharpens iron.

My dad was a butcher, & he always started sharpening his knives with stone & finely honed the edge with Steel, so yeah, that’s true....

Its all about the execution of the Hawks. The Hawks have played some really sloppy football games this year and still won. They were marching for the win before the final screw up in the GW game with a 10 point differential from the Bears Defense. The Hawks have to play mistake free football to have a chance to win this game. There will not be 5 turnovers and still a chance to beat Carthage like Gladewater. Hawks have to play good fundamental football to beat Carthage. This game does not scare the players or the fans. This is actually the game the players and fans want. We want to play good football programs. A loss here doesn't mean anything to either team. This is a measuring game for the Hawks. Maybe Carthage fans feels like this will be an easy blowout. I doubt the players and the coaches do. If Carthage is underestimating the Hawks, that will change when they play. As a fan I am really looking forward to this game. Last game against Chapel Hill was a win, but clearly not a game between 2 teams even close to being on the same level.

As Far as PG fans making the trip and supporting the Hawks, that is what I will 100% predict will happen in this game. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Its all about the execution of the Hawks. The Hawks have played some really sloppy football games this year and still won. They were marching for the win before the final screw up in the GW game with a 10 point differential from the Bears Defense. The Hawks have to play mistake free football to have a chance to win this game. There will not be 5 turnovers and still a chance to beat Carthage like Gladewater. Hawks have to play good fundamental football to beat Carthage. This game does not scare the players or the fans. This is actually the game the players and fans want. We want to play good football programs. A loss here doesn't mean anything to either team. This is a measuring game for the Hawks. Maybe Carthage fans feels like this will be an easy blowout. I doubt the players and the coaches do. If Carthage is underestimating the Hawks, that will change when they play. As a fan I am really looking forward to this game. Last game against Chapel Hill was a win, but clearly not a game between 2 teams even close to being on the same level.

As Far as PG fans making the trip and supporting the Hawks, that is what I will 100% predict will happen in this game. 

Good post

2 minutes ago, RAM said:

Carthage is fixing to show PG what a Championship program looks like.

Better get ready Grovers its going down Friday Night.

Exactly what PG needs. The Grove will be out in Groves for this one! Time to rise up Hawks! Time to measure up! It's time to play football!

5 hours ago, Nonothing said:

I've got more fun stuff to do on the weekends nowadays :) I said they would smoke everybody they played last year...and I was right. Never said that this year. I don't think it is likely PG will win Friday but I believe they can do it.

Not the same. Settles nothing.

The reason PG won so much was because they didn't do the same thing every other team did. Secondary was fine, ya'll wouldn't of had time to do anything. Rb wouldn't get past our LBs. Your logic is flawed. Ya'll would have been sad sad cry cry.

Oh...I thought it was a woman all these years...I read his names as cowboys and christ. Imagined an old hick hottie...now I feel kinda gross.

As far as last year goes. I always said Carthage was a great team. PG was a team of destiny, Carthage a team of habit. Destiny beats habit every time.

For this week....ain't nobody scared of the invincible supreme master of the universe Carthage. Folks on high horses are meant to be knocked down. No doubt, Carthage is a great team this year, PG still has some skill and surprises. This will definitely be a hard fought match up and neither team will give up until the final whistle. Carthage's coaching staff are well knowledged and obviously know how to win, PGs coaching staff is sneaky, smart, and can find all the little chinks in another teams armor, it's up to the players to make it happen. I know PG winning isn't likely, but I believe it's possible. 

Habit or preparation?

3 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Gotta love PG thinking they are going to handle Carthage. They barely beat us and we didn't even have a quarterback. Yet  you got  ole boy throwing darts and expect to handle him. Carthage by 21+ . Surratt is just playing around and hasn't opened up the playbook yet. Carthage can be beat . There offense is outstanding the defense is good enough. Keeping Carthage offense on the sidelines is how /if you beat them.

Wing T. Is a slow, steady offense and can control the time of possession in a game. PG Needs to keep doing what they have been doing and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!  We do that, and it’s a ballgame for sure. Not saying we win, but I also don’t expect a blowout either. 

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Destiny>preparation

...but anyway...that was last year. Both teams were awesome.

Should be a fun exciting game. Go Hawks.

Teams that are there annually are proof of their preparation.  Destiny can involve luck.  If PG continues to show up in December then you can say whatever you want.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Teams that are there annually are proof of their preparation.  Destiny can involve luck.  If PG continues to show up in December then you can say whatever you want.  

This!^^^^^^. PG needs to do this a few more years before they can be on the same “respect” level as carthage. We are in our 5th year with this coach and he’s building something here pretty special. 

That being said, if Carthage overlooks PG, they will be in for a surprise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

This!^^^^^^. PG needs to do this a few more years before they can be on the same “respect” level as carthage. We are in our 5th year with this coach and he’s building something here pretty special. 

I've never seen a Surratt era team that has ever overlooked an opponent.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Carthage since week 2 in that game they had a rough time stopping the run (for Carthage standards) .  I know they had a few starters out in that game and PG runs a completely different offense.  I believe PG will play keep away and I don't think dogs scoring on every position they have. This will be the best team Carthage has seen so far this year.  I think it closer then most think, maybe 31-24 Dawgs but what do I know.  

13 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Destiny>preparation

...but anyway...that was last year. Both teams were awesome.

Should be a fun exciting game. Go Hawks.

Nonothing, if PG had been playing in state championship games as often as Aledo who prepared so well to get there so many years you’d believe preparation is greater than destiny.

13 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

One can see that PG is trending up, a State Championship is obvious evidence.  I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gibson, his coaching and character.  

16 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Wing T. Is a slow, steady offense and can control the time of possession in a game. PG Needs to keep doing what they have been doing and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!  We do that, and it’s a ballgame for sure. Not saying we win, but I also don’t expect a blowout either. 

Don’t get behind the sticks or it’ll be a long night

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

One can see that PG is trending up, a State Championship is obvious evidence.  I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gibson, his coaching and character.  

Gibson is an elite level coach. He took a school that was at the bottom and in his first year made the playoffs. His teams got better every year and in 4 years went undefeated and won state. This speaks for itself. Nobody ever heard of PG Before he got there. We are lucky to have a coach like him and my son is blessed to play for a coach and staff like he has. Players love him and play their hearts out. If he stays, I believe we can get to a respect level like carthage. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:23 AM, Nonothing said:

I've got more fun stuff to do on the weekends nowadays :) I said they would smoke everybody they played last year...and I was right. Never said that this year. I don't think it is likely PG will win Friday but I believe they can do it.

Not the same. Settles nothing.

The reason PG won so much was because they didn't do the same thing every other team did. Secondary was fine, ya'll wouldn't of had time to do anything. Rb wouldn't get past our LBs. Your logic is flawed. Ya'll would have been sad sad cry cry.

Oh...I thought it was a woman all these years...I read his names as cowboys and christ. Imagined an old hick hottie...now I feel kinda gross.

As far as last year goes. I always said Carthage was a great team. PG was a team of destiny, Carthage a team of habit. Destiny beats habit every time.

For this week....ain't nobody scared of the invincible supreme master of the universe Carthage. Folks on high horses are meant to be knocked down. No doubt, Carthage is a great team this year, PG still has some skill and surprises. This will definitely be a hard fought match up and neither team will give up until the final whistle. Carthage's coaching staff are well knowledged and obviously know how to win, PGs coaching staff is sneaky, smart, and can find all the little chinks in another teams armor, it's up to the players to make it happen. I know PG winning isn't likely, but I believe it's possible. 

Dawgs by 21

K Dixon and the receivering core have big night after running the ball pulling linebackers and safeties up to help stop the run  

if the D line starters are back, the PG run game gets slowed down  

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

33 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Gibson is an elite level coach. He took a school that was at the bottom and in his first year made the playoffs. His teams got better every year and in 4 years went undefeated and won state. This speaks for itself. Nobody ever heard of PG Before he got there. We are lucky to have a coach like him and my son is blessed to play for a coach and staff like he has. Players love him and play their hearts out. If he stays, I believe we can get to a respect level like Carthage. 

People have known about PG for the past 10-15 years because of baseball, We were not a real Football threat since 2009.

Hawks did come a long way, and last year, weathered a lot of naysayers, almost weekly in the 2nd half and playoffs, yet every week proved themselves, and served a bit of crow to some.

Carthage is another test. Same storied tradition. Same powerful opponent. Going to be a great game, win or lose.

One thing for sure, The Hawks will not show up thinking they have already lost. No matter how good Carthage is, no matter how good WOS or all of last year's opponents were, they do not show up having conceded that they cannot win.

Whether Carthage wins or not is not on their minds. That is what changed about Pleasant Grove. The new paradigm is #WeBelieve.