Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

10 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

#44 not as physical as #40 even though he is 10-15 lbs heavier.  Does not have the same hot motor.

You're right, but they're both sophomores. Wait till next year. Not predicting an outcome, just saying PG will be better, bigger and stronger.

4 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

If you're being triple teamed you're allowing two of your teammates to rush with no opposition. I think that's winning. Stats are for losers.

Maybe you should share that wisdom with Coach G.  He only sent a LB once on 4th down conversion attempt..  Dropped back 8 in pass coverage the rest of the time and still gave up 425 yards through the air.

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Maybe you should share that wisdom with Coach G.  He only sent a LB once on 4th down conversion attempt..  Dropped back 8 in pass coverage the rest of the time and still gave up 425 yards through the air.

If you are getting beat downfield, it only makes sense to send more folks to get beat downfield. lol

13 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

#40 was doubled & tripled most of the night & was the major threat to Capps’ passing game, so I would have to say Jackson won , honestly.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/tykieast-crawford-game-highlights/

#77 is a man child. He was matched up with #40 a lot. These are highlights, so it doesn’t show the times he got beat. Only a junior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Hopefully the PG DC will not do the same this week against Pitt.  Dial up the pressure on the Pitt QB and get him out of the pocket.

Yeah, that's what happened last year but seems like this year they lost the sneakiness and aggression. I loved last years "you are going to have to deal with us" attitude on defense.

36 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/tykieast-crawford-game-highlights/

#77 is a man child. He was matched up with #40 a lot. These are highlights, so it doesn’t show the times he got beat. Only a junior.

He is Huge; no doubt about it. And I am glad we’re going to have him on our side for another year. He will only get better with each game. 

Isn’t #40 Jackson  only a sophomore? He is another man child at 6’8”! 

52 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

He is Huge; no doubt about it. And I am glad we’re going to have him on our side for another year. He will only get better with each game. 

Isn’t #40 Jackson  only a sophomore? He is another man child at 6’8”! 

Nah. He's 6'5

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Crawford did not get beat against PG.  PG only got pressure on Capps twice.  Once was a sack on 4th down by the LB and the other was a QB hurry and tipped pass by Jackson.  He was one on one against Romero and got around him.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:50 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

If you watched him the entire night, you had to see a few plays where they went head to head with no help from TE or RB.  I came across this tweet from Jackson regarding Carthage.  Very classy.

9300A893-6E8A-46CE-9B7D-ADE82970D04D.png

The boys said that he was a very nice kid. Several on the team were. They even congratulated us for making good hits while they were getting off the ground!

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

It is obvious the coach has done a great job not only teaching PG players to play football at a high level but he has instilled sportsmanship with his coaching. 

I believe PG is the number one contender for the DII title. 

I agree. WOS Is down this year. I think whoever comes out of Region 2 will win it all in DII, although we are down a little from last year too.