Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

8 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

How did our stadium look carthage fans? I’ve never been to Carthage and wanted to get your impression of “The Grove”.

Did you see our monument at the gate entrance?

I liked it.  Very nice bathrooms and concession area.  Also liked the fact that the visitor side was in the shade.  If I was a small school close to PG I’d host a playoff game there.  Only issue I saw is your visitor stands will not hold all Carthage fans next year when we come to your house!  Will be lots of folks standing.

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I liked it.  Very nice bathrooms and concession area.  Also liked the fact that the visitor side was in the shade.  If I was a small school close to PG I’d host a playoff game there.  Only issue I saw is your visitor stands will not hold all Carthage fans next year when we come to your house!  Will be lots of folks standing.

Yeah, you’re welcome for the shade! Haha. I actually go over to the visitors side to watch JV or middle school games early in the year. That September sun at 5:00 can be brutal 

Fellow Dawg fans I'm gonna miss this one.  Im in big D awaiting the birth of my first grandchild. I did make a somewhat joking comment to my wife and daughter that if the baby is born early enough we can maybe still make it to the game tonight.  They didn't find it very amusing.  Oh well at least i tried. 😆  Safe travels to the pleasant grove folks and good luck Dawgs!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Fellow Dawg fans I'm gonna miss this one.  Im in big D awaiting the birth of my first grandchild. I did make a somewhat joking comment to my wife and daughter that if the baby is born early enough we can maybe still make it to the game tonight.  They didn't find it very amusing.  Oh well at least i tried. 😆  Safe travels to the pleasant grove folks and good luck Dawgs!

That’s funny, and congratulations!

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Yeah, you’re welcome for the shade! Haha. I actually go over to the visitors side to watch JV or middle school games early in the year. That September sun at 5:00 can be brutal 

You will not find the same scene tonight.  LOL.  Carthage visitor stands fave the sun until it drops below the home press box.  If you come early wear some sunglasses and maybe a hat.  After the sun goes down it should be a great night for football.  Safe travels and we hope you enjoy visiting our stadium.  It always has a big game feel but will be even more so tonight.  With many teams off this week we will pickup a lot of fans from other schools.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

PG has been getting scored on a ton and been turning the ball over on offense. I don’t see how this isn’t a comfortable win for Carthage.

Our offense is way better than our defense that is for sure. If we hold onto the ball then it will be closer than you guys think. If we fumble or throw a pic, it’s over!

Ok so I know Texas uses NCAA rules for football but last night in the 8th grade game guy called fair catch on kickoff and instead of bringing out to the 25 placed it where the call was made also seen alot of cut blocks which r now illigal by NCAA rules. I know they have been doing the fair catch in other games and put ball correct in other games so that might be just a goof on ref and no one else noticed but what about the cut blocks rule pg was doing it every play to outside and never got called

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

Ok so I know Texas uses NCAA rules for football but last night in the 8th grade game guy called fair catch on kickoff and instead of bringing out to the 25 placed it where the call was made also seen alot of cut blocks which r now illigal by NCAA rules. I know they have been doing the fair catch in other games and put ball correct in other games so that might be just a goof on ref and no one else noticed but what about the cut blocks rule pg was doing it every play to outside and never got called

it had to be a goof by the ref on the fair catch rule.

NEW RULE 5: Rule 6-5-1 Kickoff – Fair Catch ARTICLE 1. a. If a Team B player makes a fair catch, the ball becomes dead where caught and belongs to Team B at that spot. (Exception: If a Free Kick is caught behind Team B’s 25-yard line, Team B will next snap the ball at its own 25-yard line. The next snap shall be from midway between the hash marks, unless a different position on or between the hash marks is selected by the team designated to put the ball in play before the play clock is at 25 seconds or before any subsequent ready-for-play signal. After the play clock is at 25 seconds or any subsequent ready-for-play signal, the ball may be relocated only after a charged team timeout, unless preceded by a Team A foul or offsetting fouls.) Rationale: Recent rules changes have resulted in more touchbacks during kickoffs. This is significant due to the fact that there are fewer injuries on kickoffs resulting in touchbacks versus kickoffs that have a return. This change gives the receiving team an option to take a touchback on kicks that fall short of the end zone. Additionally, this single change on kickoffs will be measurable in its effectiveness in increasing touchbacks during the 2018 season. No UILexception, rule is applied as written.

As for the cut block as long as the player starts in the box and the cut happens with in five yard of the line of scrimmage it is still legal. 

Rule 9-1-6 Blocking Below the Waist ARTICLE 6. a. Team A prior to a change of team possession: 1. Linemen with initial position completely inside the tackle box may legally block below the waist inside the tackle box until the ball leaves the tackle box. All other Team A players are allowed to block below the waist only if the force of the initial contact is directed from the front. “Directed from the front” is defined as within the clock-face region between “10 o’clock and 2 o’clock” forward of the area of concentration of the player being blocked. Exceptions are given in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4. 2. Team A players may not block below the waist when the block occurs 5 yards or more beyond the neutral zone. 3. Players in motion at the snap or lined up outside the tackle box may not block below the waist toward the original position of the ball at the snap. until the ball carrier is clearly beyond the neutral zone. 4. Once the ball has left the tackle box a player may not block below the waist toward his own end line

Yeah I know the rule and by those they were illigal most came from wing back on safety or linebacker well outside of tackle box that were scraping down ball was always outside of box when block took place and from the side( d player running twords sideline slightly downhill wing back dives at knees in front of of him at least 5 yds outside of box two to three yards downfield) unless I'm understanding new rule wrong