Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Why do we care about a win streak again? As for the game, while the game plan was brilliant let's just call it what it was. PG was playing not to lose and in the end that never works. That strategy ALWAYS keeps the other team in the game which came back to haunt them.

That's just silly.

4 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

The Bulldogs are who we thought ithey were.. now if you wanna go ahead and crown their @@@ then crown them . But they ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! And that’s why we took the field!! THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE... AND WE LETEM OFF THE HOOK!

They were “let off the hook” because your QB fumbled the ball at a critical moment & the Dawgs capitalized on that mistake, much like the Hawks capitalized on our mistakes. I give PG their much deserved due, but Carthage came through when the chips were down & pulled the win out. Again, Great game by an Awesome adversary!

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

LOL seriously the Hawks once again .. March down the field, tie ball game, in FG  range, under 2 mins left, it’s 3rd and 2 and a fumble on the center QB exchange! My gosh! 

I understand your statement and my take on this is: great teams capatilize on other team's mistakes! Good game, we've all seen turnovers that have made the difference in the outcome! I still have respect for PG, but your comments are subject to debate. Go Dawgs!!!

Yes indeed that’s what happened! My point is the Dawgs needed a mistake to win and got it. That game was all but over Carthage D was sucking wind. And PG choked again. At least the Dogs turnovers were created by the PG D. Self inflicted turnover by the Hawks on a center/QB exchange. Props to the dogs on the final drive ! Hawks will continue to grow and get better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

I understand your statement and my take on this is: great teams capatilize on other team's mistakes! Good game, we've all seen turnovers that have made the difference in the outcome! I still have respect for PG, but your comments are subject to debate. Go Dawgs!!!

No their not that’s what happened! Yes Carthage did a great job on the final drive. Those kind of mistakes #### the wind out of a team. 

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

No their not that’s what happened! Yes Carthage did a great job on the final drive. Those kind of mistakes #### the wind out of a team. 

We made several mistakes during the game, turnovers and failed 4th down conversions. Please explain why PG did not win the game. I admit that I was nervous during this game, but I have watched too many Carthage games that turned out in our favor. I have mentioned that I have great respect for the Pleasant Grove program, you're beating a dead horse. We can play this game to enterity, but in the end you still lose. No comment, quote, or jesture will change the outcome. Sorry to sound so harshe, but I have been on both ends of similar conversations. I am endless in comments that you make on here. In Doc Holiday's best voice, "I'm your Huckleberry" Please don't take this as arrogance, for I speak the truth! Go Dawgs!!!

16 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yes indeed that’s what happened! My point is the Dawgs needed a mistake to win and got it. That game was all but over Carthage D was sucking wind. And PG choked again. At least the Dogs turnovers were created by the PG D. Self inflicted turnover by the Hawks on a center/QB exchange. Props to the dogs on the final drive ! Hawks will continue to grow and get better. 

The Hawks benefitted greatly from several Carthage mistakes as well, otherwise This game could have had a much different outcome. In any case, PG is the Real Deal... Thanks for providing us Carthage folk a much needed Reality Check going forward!👌😜

Carthage has great coach and great talent, but they rushed for less than 10 yards tonight. Pleasant Grove played a near perfect game until the fumble at the end and still lost. I'm not sure Carthage wins state this year. The Bulldogs are outstanding, but beatable. PG should go three or four rounds in playoffs, but a good passing team will be a threat, especially if they can run the ball better than Carthage did tonight. Good luck to both teams.

3 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

We made several mistakes during the game, turnovers and failed 4th down conversions. Please explain why PG did not win the game. I admit that I was nervous during this game, but I have watched too many Carthage games that turned out in our favor. I have mentioned that I have great respect for the Pleasant Grove program, you're beating a dead horse. We can play this game to enterity, but in the end you still lose. No comment, quote, or jesture will change the outcome. Sorry to sound so harshe, but I have been on both ends of similar conversations. I am endless in comments that you make on here. In Doc Holiday's best voice, "I'm your Huckleberry" Please don't take this as arrogance, for I speak the truth! Go Dawgs!!!

You're arrogant. Both teams made mistakes. Carthage had less than 10 yards rushing. That's not very good for a state championship caliber team. These Bulldogs better shape up in a hurry. They could have easily lost to Liberty-Eylau and Marshall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

You're arrogant. Both teams made mistakes. Carthage had less than 10 yards rushing. That's not very good for a state championship caliber team. These Bulldogs better shape up in a hurry. They could have easily lost to Liberty-Eylau and Marshall.

PG played nearly flawlessly, with excellent clock management that kept the offense off the field for the majority of the game; Great Job! Carthage seldom makes this many miscues in a game, going up against another State Championship caliber team on Homecoming night, when other teams normally schedule less worthy opponents, just goes to show that Surratt never stops pushing The Dawgs to excel at everything they do on each & every opportunity. This drive for Excellence is why Carthage is the team with a target on it’s back every Friday night.

37 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

You guys are a little harsh. Carthage passed for 422 yards with PG running the clock down to zero every single play. Carthage outgained PG by close to 100 yards with prolly half the TOP. Run game needs to work. But I don’t think Carthage needs to “shape up in a hurry”. Carthage didn’t punt. Turnovers kept this game close. Was their any doubt who was going to win the game after the PG fumble with 2 minutes left? Even though a couple you guys are a little sour, PG has a great team and program. Awesome game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Gut wrenching loss. We lost this game like we lost the Gladewater game. 

Congrsts Dogs. You have a great team and stadium. Go win another title. I hope we did enough to gain a little respect. 

Absolutely!! Hats off to the Hawks! Hope we play back to back again in December! Good luck!

5 hours ago, oldwillie said:

PG was driving down the field at around the Carthage thirty yard line, when they coughed up the ball. Eating up the clock, controlling the line of scrimmage. How is that playing not to lose?  

I'm talking about the strategy as a whole. Before the fumble they almost t executed it flawlessly but when you keep the game close, one mistake can negate everything when it comes to winning or losing. That's the point I made. By the way, I'm still in awe of their run defense. I see them at Jerry's World again. Not taking anything away from them, just personally don't like that strategy. 

4 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

The Bulldogs are who we thought ithey were.. now if you wanna go ahead and crown their @@@ then crown them . But they ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! And that’s why we took the field!! THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE... AND WE LETEM OFF THE HOOK!

LOL. Best of luck to PG. This games have no bearing on your chance for a repeat this year. It's regular season bulldog football. When I looked at this game in the preseason I marked as a loss for Carthage as did most Carthage fans. You guys gave us life and we took advantage. If this is who you think we are, you will be surprised what you see in December. 

• Thanks 1

Bulldogs played poorly overall. No run game, never got control of the line of scrimmage/point of attack on defense, fumbled the ball multiple times and lost it every time, once deep in Carthage territory PG quickly turned into a TD. 

The missed extra point and missed FG were killer too.

I mean, we were so off our game Capps was tripped by one of his own players for a six yard loss while in his backpedal to pass. 

Carthage hung tough and overcame all of those mistakes. Converting the 2 points after the third TD was a huge victory for Carthage.

One thing is for sure, the game last night shows how valuable and talented Keaontay Ingram was for Carthage and is/will be for the Texas Longhorns. Y’all can definitely crow about keeping Carthage from running the ball, but Capps threw for a ton of yards when we had to lean on that. 

Carthage is who PG thought they were and the Hawks lost. PG is very good and I don’t think they played not to lose. I think those Hawks pulled off the perfect game plan to limit the Dawgs’ output. That was the only way they were going to win. I think PG was playing to win and it was a smart plan.

PG was nearly perfect all night. Carthage was far from it. Carthage capitalized on the late PG fumble and PG had capitalized and passively capitalized (missed FG) on Carthage mistakes all game long it’s just your mistake was in money time. Carthage was perfect when the chips were down.

This game did exactly what Surratt wanted it to do, which was bring a serious challenge to the Bulldogs and press them hard, to their credit (and thank you by the way) PG did that.

I bet there was a true celebration in the field house after the game.

PG had Carthage wobbling and had knocked those Dawgs to the mat several times, but Carthage kept coming, never quit.

• Like 1

Carthage without a doubt needs to run the football better.  If this was late in district or in the playoffs Dixon would have gotten a whole lot more touches.  Surratt isn’t going to put that kind of load on him yet.  PG had no answer for him.  We will clean it up and be better for this tight game.  This game isn’t even close if Carthage doesn’t turn it over twice.  But remember last year same thing happened against LA Vega.  And we wine good teams find a way when they aren’t at their best.  It took everything PG had and it still wasn’t good enough. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Gut wrenching loss. We lost this game like we lost the Gladewater game. 

Congrsts Dogs. You have a great team and stadium. Go win another title. I hope we did enough to gain a little respect. 

Yes it was a tough loss but you do have to remember Carthage gave Pleasant Grove two turnovers which led to 14 points   Carthage also has to realize had PG not fumbled and picked up a first down that there was a very good chance that winning streak would have ended. PG still had a chance but could not make a stop when they really needed to.  Great game to watch unfortunately one team had to lose. 

I’m reading a lot of comments back-and-forth saying Carthage is who we thought they were   I went to the game last night but I had no dog in the fight just there to see a good game   I’ll be honest I think Carthage did not play their best because except for the last part of the game I was not impressed with them.  A team with that many wins in a row haven’t been playing like they did last night and still winning. Hats off to Pleasant Grove they almost executed the perfect game plan to end that win streak.  Take away that late fumble and they may very well have done that.  But even with the fumble they had a chance to stop Carthage to go to OT and more unable to do so.  

Anyway I really enjoyed the game I think Carthage knows as well as I do they will have to play better in December than they did last night if they are going to win another championship 

5 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

I don’t even know what you are arguing about. Once again I said  PG  Had a tie ball game under 2 mins was marching down the field and fumbled the ball just like they did against GW so why are you arguing? I mean really what the heck did I say that you are disputing?? In fact Surratt said it himself “they gave us a gift at the end. We were fortunate to win” I guess your going to argue his post game statement!! I would gladly have a debate with you but I seriously don’t know what you are debating. I said Carthage did a great job on the final drive to win!! I gave credit to the Dogs! I never smeared Carthage. If anything I was smearing PG in that PG is making a habit of coughing up the ball to lose close games!!