Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

LOL. Best of luck to PG. This games have no bearing on your chance for a repeat this year. It's regular season bulldog football. When I looked at this game in the preseason I marked as a loss for Carthage as did most Carthage fans. You guys gave us life and we took advantage. If this is who you think we are, you will be surprised what you see in December. 

Carthage fans y’all do understand that I am simply and sarcastically making a joke from the Denny Green press conference right? 

• Like 1

Im pretty sure if you asked any carthage fan if we would be 5-0 heading into district the answer would've been NO. I'll take the W against a very worthy opponent.

Ps if anyone thinks this is what you will see in another month or so you haven't been paying attention to Bulldog football the last 10+ years.

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Carthage has great coach and great talent, but they rushed for less than 10 yards tonight. Pleasant Grove played a near perfect game until the fumble at the end and still lost. I'm not sure Carthage wins state this year. The Bulldogs are outstanding, but beatable. PG should go three or four rounds in playoffs, but a good passing team will be a threat, especially if they can run the ball better than Carthage did tonight. Good luck to both teams.

You must not follow Dawg football because if you think this Dawg team is the same team you will see in the playoff I ask you to go back and look at the past 10 years. 

Dawgs Have only had two undefeated seasons in 6 state championship seasons. In four of those championship seasons they had two losses. I assure you that the team you saw and will see for the next five weeks could not walk on the field with the Dawg team you will see in the playoffs. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless, coaches, players, and fans. 

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Carthage fans y’all do understand that I am simply and sarcastically making a joke from the Denny Green press conference right? 

I knew where you got it but sarcasm online is hard to detect. Funny by the way. 

When The Hawks fumbled I looked at my Wife and said it’s probably over. Why ? Not because of pessimism, not because of negativity, it was because the previous drive by the Dawgs they had figured out how to totally take 40 out of the game. That gave Capps all the time in the world to dissect the field and carve up the Grove in the passing game. Carthage doubled and tripled 40. The Grove did not get a whiff of Capps on their last 2 drives. That’s Credit to Surratt in recognizing that PG was not blitzing so he stacked the deck on 40 and let his QB and receivers go to work. Another great call was the run play at the end. PG was totally caught off guard anticipating pass. So what is to be learned here. Here is what I learned, As my good friend Hawk888 pointed out to me in the Atlanta game, Burris is over rated. PG has to have someone else to get pressure on the QB with Landon drawing double and triple teams. CARTHAGE OL easily handled the rest of the Hawks one on one. Maybe someone can shed some light on why the Hawks did not Blitz more. 

11 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yes I understand you are making a joke.  Here’s the deal.  PG came to Carthage last night ready to play.  They did not get intimidated by the venue, Homecoming, 30 game win streak, back to back State Champs, etc.  They simply played their game.  Assignment football, ground and pound, execute, no mistakes. They were literally one play away from getting a 1st down, running out the clock, and kicking a pot shot FG for the win with no time on the clock.  If you watch the video of the fumble Harmon fell on it but the ball was under his hip and the Carthage D-lineman just took it from him along with his towel.  Then Carthage did what we do best - execute the offense at a high level under pressure.  PG had the game in their hands but could not defend the vertical passing game when it counted most.  

Final takeaways - PG made a believer out of the Carthage fans that doubted them before.  I’m sure all of us will be pulling for the Hawks the rest of the way after their gutsy performance last night.  Carthage still has some work to do on offense and defense to get where we want to go.  But there is a lot to be said about winning a game against a very good opponent like PG when you don’t play your best game and your back is against the wall.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Yes I understand you are making a joke.  Here’s the deal.  PG came to Carthage last night ready to play.  They did not get intimidated by the venue, Homecoming, 30 game win streak, back to back State Champs, etc.  They simply played their game.  Assignment football, ground and pound, execute, no mistakes. They were literally one play away from getting a 1st down, running out the clock, and kicking a pot shot FG for the win with no time on the clock.  If you watch the video of the fumble Harmon fell on it but the ball was under his hip and the Carthage D-lineman just took it from him along with his towel.  Then Carthage did what we do best - execute the offense at a high level under pressure.  PG had the game in their hands but could not defend the vertical passing game when it counted most.  

Final takeaways - PG made a believer out of the Carthage fans that doubted them before.  I’m sure all of us will be pulling for the Hawks the rest of the way after their gutsy performance last night.  Carthage still has some work to do on offense and defense to get where we want to go.  But there is a lot to be said about winning a game against a very good opponent like PG when you don’t play your best game and your back is against the wall.

1 hour ago, ClawNAntler said:

Yes it was a tough loss but you do have to remember Carthage gave Pleasant Grove two turnovers which led to 14 points   Carthage also has to realize had PG not fumbled and picked up a first down that there was a very good chance that winning streak would have ended. PG still had a chance but could not make a stop when they really needed to.  Great game to watch unfortunately one team had to lose. 

Agree 100%.

17 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

X 1,000 very factually put. Great post!

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

I don’t even know what you are arguing about. Once again I said  PG  Had a tie ball game under 2 mins was marching down the field and fumbled the ball just like they did against GW so why are you arguing? I mean really what the heck did I say that you are disputing?? In fact Surratt said it himself “they gave us a gift at the end. We were fortunate to win” I guess your going to argue his post game statement!! I would gladly have a debate with you but I seriously don’t know what you are debating. I said Carthage did a great job on the final drive to win!! I gave credit to the Dogs! I never smeared Carthage. If anything I was smearing PG in that PG is making a habit of coughing up the ball to lose close games!! 

Glad to watch a Pleasant Grove team that controlled the clock and gave Carthage a great game. No disrespect intended in my previous comments, just excited for a victory in a hard fought battle. We definitely see what we need to work on going forward. I wish Pleasant Grove luck the rest of the way, very disciplined team that made a costly mistake in the end. Go Dawgs!!!

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

When The Hawks fumbled I looked at my Wife and said it’s probably over. Why ? Not because of pessimism, not because of negativity, it was because the previous drive by the Dawgs they had figured out how to totally take 40 out of the game. That gave Capps all the time in the world to dissect the field and carve up the Grove in the passing game. Carthage doubled and tripled 40. The Grove did not get a whiff of Capps on their last 2 drives. That’s Credit to Surratt in recognizing that PG was not blitzing so he stacked the deck on 40 and let his QB and receivers go to work. Another great call was the run play at the end. PG was totally caught off guard anticipating pass. So what is to be learned here. Here is what I learned, As my good friend Hawk888 pointed out to me in the Atlanta game, Burris is over rated. PG has to have someone else to get pressure on the QB with Landon drawing double and triple teams. CARTHAGE OL easily handled the rest of the Hawks one on one. Maybe someone can shed some light on why the Hawks did not Blitz more. 

Because if you blitz and miss him, Capps will roast you most nights.. Just a thought.. 

This game was a measuring stick for our program as to where we are this year. Everyone thought we would be down and I agree that we are, but last night showed that we are still a threat in D2. I’m proud of my son and the rest of the Hawks.   Coach Gibson deserves a lot of credit. Those boys came out with a game plan and executed it to perfection. No need for the Hawks to hang their head‘s. They Controled the tempo and for most part the entire game.   Our fullback played his heart out and ran as hard as he could last night. 

All of this, and it still wasn’t enough. Carthage...YOU ARE THE MAN in 4A

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

This game was a measuring stick for our program as to where we are this year. Everyone thought we would be down and I agree that we are, but last night showed that we are still a threat in D2. I’m proud of my son and the rest of the Hawks.   Coach Gibson deserves a lot of credit. Those boys came out with a game plan and executed it to perfection. No need for the Hawks to hang their head‘s. They Controled the tempo and for most part the entire game.   Our fullback played his heart out and ran as hard as he could last night. 

All of this, and it still wasn’t enough. Carthage...YOU ARE THE MAN in 4A

Facts are until someone rolls Carthage, they will remain the undefeated Champs.. But PG was oh so close.. Js