Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Wow sounds like this one was a good game! I didn’t expect PG to hang with Carthage! 

PG coaches did a great job on off and def schemes against Carthage.  Slowed the game down on Off and shut down our run game on def.  just could not defend the pass or get much pressure on Capps when it counted.  It really was a great game and should help both teams build for District and playoff runs.

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Hawks with 0 turnovers so far

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Jinx successful!  Hawks fumble Dawgs recover....

Dispite all of yalls expert analysis, this is what really won the game. DAWG91 put his East Texas voodoo on the Hawks and they had no counter.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Dispite all of yalls expert analysis, this is what really won the game. DAWG91 put his East Texas voodoo on the Hawks and they had no counter.

Haha!  Desperate times call for desperate measures!

• Like 1

Now lets talk about something Carthage fans should really be concerned about and that's the KGAS broadcast. I have no issues with the broadcast team but their internet feed is HORRIBLE.Seems like the feed was lost on every big play. Why won't they just join tunein radio and call it a day. You are covering one of the best programs of all time in this state and the broadcast quality is horrible. Once again, this is not bashing the announcer at all. Just the feed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Now lets talk about something Carthage fans should really be concerned about and that's the KGAS broadcast. I have no issues with the broadcast team but their internet feed is HORRIBLE.Seems like the feed was lost on every big play. Why won't they just join tunein radio and call it a day. You are covering one of the best programs of all time in this state and the broadcast quality is horrible. Once again, this is not bashing the announcer at all. Just the feed.

Agreed, Larry Allen and company are great!

The internet feed is absolutely horrible, and it’s only when they get loud and that’s not the announcers’ fault(s). It was super aggravating last night, because the game was so tight and you really wanted to hear every play

I was getting very annoyed with some of the PG fans. After every dang play some of them were calling for a flag on every play. There were calls missed for both sides. I thought the officials did a good job and let the kids play. One lady was yelling “start the clock” after the sideline receptions from Carthage. A hawk fan told her the clock stops when they go out of bounds. She continued to yell start the clock even on the next reception and the receiver got out of bounds.. it was annoying bad. Every time Carthage made a play WHERE’S THE FLAG??  

31 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I was getting very annoyed with some of the PG fans. After every dang play some of them were calling for a flag on every play. There were calls missed for both sides. I thought the officials did a good job and let the kids play. One lady was yelling “start the clock” after the sideline receptions from Carthage. A hawk fan told her the clock stops when they go out of bounds. She continued to yell start the clock even on the next reception and the receiver got out of bounds.. it was annoying bad. Every time Carthage made a play WHERE’S THE FLAG??  

I think all teams have some of those fans. 

You really can’t say anything about flags. One team had 2 and the other had 3. They let them play last night. 

4 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Carthage fans y’all do understand that I am simply and sarcastically making a joke from the Denny Green press conference right? 

No because it was made against their school and it offended them. 

• Thumbs Down 1

People expecting Carthage to never play a close game are going too far. Some of y’all are acting like Carthage was a let down last night. They didn’t play their best, but they beat a State Champion on a last minute drive with a lot of drama. That was a heck of a game. That last minute drive was pure gold.

Carthage is a machine.

Twice this season they have come close to losing.... twice they have found ways to win.

Both against pretty good teams IMHO.

Credit to their players and staff.  There's no secret why they have been the most successful program in East Texas.

Mad props from me.  Mad props.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Carthage is a machine.

Twice this season they have come close to losing.... twice they have found ways to win.

Both against pretty good teams IMHO.

Credit to their players and staff.  There's no secret why they have been the most successful program in East Texas.

Mad props from me.  Mad props.

Both games against very good teams and programs. 

Hope Marshall keeps improving. We need a dominant program in 5a DII in ETX. It can be Marshall if they keep building. I would think all Carthage fans are pulling for Marshall. I know I am.

7 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Not as bad as guy I had behind me said reason Carthage missed either extra point or field goal can't remember which but was because they kicked it to high said ball couldn't go over 15yds above goal post lol

Oh yeah dogs beat lobos again 8-0 

What???.... oh my gosh..

I thought #40 for PG and #10 for Carthage were the 2 best players on the field last night. But I was also impressed with #33 Wiggins from PG. that kid ran the ball hard. 

Also Capps is the man. He throws darts. It’s beautiful to watch him pass the ball. That throw to Holcomb on the 2 point conversion was a very high level throw. That was big time. Put it right where he needed with a tight spiral. Fun o watch him sling it. Wonder if a team is going to give him the chance to play D1 ball at the next level?

13 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I thought #40 for PG and #10 for Carthage were the 2 best players on the field last night. But I was also impressed with #33 Wiggins from PG. that kid ran the ball hard. 

Also Capps is the man. He throws darts. It’s beautiful to watch him pass the ball. That throw to Holcomb on the 2 point conversion was a very high level throw. That was big time. Put it right where he needed with a tight spiral. Fun o watch him sling it. Wonder if a team is going to give him the chance to play D1 ball at the next level?

I hope so, the boy has ice water in his veins in crunch time and his throws are in the money. 

All I’m saying is that Carthage knew they were in a dogfight from the first quarter. PG ran the ball down hill most of the night for tons of yardage. Just wish our pass defense was a little better.  

And from what I saw last night, I think we could have beaten Carthage last year. Nobody will ever know for sure, but that would have been just as epic of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

And from what I saw last night, I think we could have beaten Carthage last year. Nobody will ever know for sure, but that would have been just as epic of the game.

Come on man. Why? Are you watching Keaontay against Oklahoma? You think Carthage would’ve had 12 rushing yards? Games over. PG ran for 275 yards. You acting like they ran for 500+. Carthage outgained PG by 70 yards on 15 less plays. Carthage averaged almost 10 yards per play. Carthage last year beats either of those teams last night by a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1