DB2point0

Red River Shootout   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bevo
    • That team from across the river

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Listen I know Mike Stoops will happen,

but playing a team who could only manage one offensive touchdown against Kansas State doesn’t exactly strike fear into my heart.

Different game, different venue, different day. Texas very well could’ve beaten OU last year with the Heisman Trophy winner at QB for the Sooners. No telling what’ll happen.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Different game, different venue, different day. Texas very well could’ve beaten OU last year with the Heisman Trophy winner at QB for the Sooners. No telling what’ll happen.

True and the last two times Texas was ranked going into the matchupΒ Oklahoma blew them out by 40+ points.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

You picked Texas to lose by this score 2 weeks ago.  Here's to hoping history repeats itself.🀞

I did miss the TCU game. But OUs offense is head over heals better than TCUs. I very well could be wrong on this one as well though.Β 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I did miss the TCU game. But OUs offense is head over heals better than TCUs. I very well could be wrong on this one as well though.Β 

Baylor scored 33 on the OU defense, I don’t see why Texas can’t. Β They’re more ball control too. Β I don’t think OU will have near as many possessions as they have in games to date. Β I see Β 35-28, 34-31 range type game unless Texas catches the turnover bug. Β In years past the team that wins the rushing battle has typically won this game.

21 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Baylor scored 33 on the OU defense, I don’t see why Texas can’t. Β They’re more ball control too. Β I don’t think OU will have near as many possessions as they have in games to date. Β I see Β 35-28, 34-31 range type game unless Texas catches the turnover bug. Β In years past the team that wins the rushing battle has typically won this game.

It took Baylor over 100 plays to get 33 and the last touchdown was against 3rd string players.

Texas scored 12 points offensively against Kansas State in 67 plays.

BTW Ellinger isn’t comparable to Brewer when it comes to the slinging the ball around.

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It took Baylor over 100 plays to get 33 and the last touchdown was against 3rd string players.

Texas scored 12 points offensively against Kansas State in 67 plays.

BTW Ellinger isn’t comparable to Brewer when it comes to the slinging the ball around.

I see what you’re saying, but Baylor and Texas are two different style offenses. Β Texas only had 8 possessions against KSU. Β Snyder does that to teams. Β Also Herman admittedly said Texas went too conservative too quick trying to protect the lead. Β That coupled with a bunch of penalties like to have cost them that game. Β