Red River Shootout

DB2point0

Red River Shootout   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bevo
    • That team from across the river

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

In my opinion if Oklahoma can force Texas to have to throw the ball downfield then this game will be a blowout.

If not then it would not surprise me if Texas can ball control enough to make it tight and anything could happen.

You feel confident in the OU corners vs Johnson and Humphrey?

Honest question because I haven’t watched an OU game and know nothing about their corners. 

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

You feel confident in the OU corners vs Johnson and Humphrey?

Honest question because I haven’t watched an OU game and know nothing about their corners. 

Well I never feel confident about any aspect of a Mike Stoops defense.

I just don’t think Ellinger is that great of a passer, and I’m more concerned about the Texas offense being able to limit the amount of possessions that Oklahoma’s offense gets to have. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I just don’t think Ellinger is that great of a passer, and I’m more concerned about the Texas offense being able to limit the amount of possessions that Oklahoma’s offense gets to have. 

I agree with most of this.  I also think will have a good day running the ball. I don’t see ou scoring 40, much less 52 as was predicted earlier. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Ehlinger is a pretty good passer when the Oline gives him time. In fact, he almost has more TD's through 5 games this year than he did all of last year. 

Texas' O isn't designed to score a ton of points. If it's in rhythm, your offense might be lucky to get 1-2 possessions a quarter. When it's not, the three and outs will be so fast you wouldn't even know they take the field. I think your latter point will be the deciding factor in how this game turns out. If Texas can keep OU's possessions limited and give their defense enough rest, I'll take Texas' O over mike stoops defense. Then again, this game is so unpredictable, so I don't even know what to expect and that's what makes it a fun game. 

Im excited to just be in the environment, win or lose I'll still get my fried Oreos after the game and I'm okay with that 

7 hours ago, bigj said:

Why is OU getting any credit for this season? They have not played anyone. This will be Murray first true test vs a good defense and really good secondary.... 

If UT’s secondary plays like they did against K-State Murray will look good. If Texas plays well in the defensive backfield OU’s offense will have its work cut out to consistently move the chains.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

This is the Texas/OU game!  None of this Red River Rivalry or Red River Shootout nonsense!!!!  Here are some pics of the TX/OU t-shirts that I wore while a student at UT-Austin in the mid-to-late '80's leading up to the game.

Texas wins! And, Hookem Horns!!

IMG_2904.jpgIMG_2905.jpg

Awesome!

Hook ‘em!

21 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

This is the Texas/OU game!  None of this Red River Rivalry or Red River Shootout nonsense!!!!  Here are some pics of the TX/OU t-shirts that I wore while a student at UT-Austin in the mid-to-late '80's leading up to the game.

IMG_2904.jpgIMG_2905.jpg

I would pay good money for those t-shirts. Awesome!

25 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

IMG_2904.jpgIMG_2905.jpg

An entrepreneurial student sold these on the West Mall on campus back before the licensing police took over! If I remember correctly these are '85, '86' and '87.  I was a student there from "84 through '88.

I had these stuffed away in some boxes at my house.

5 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

An entrepreneurial student sold these on the West Mall on campus back before the licensing police took over! If I remember correctly these are '85, '86' and '87.  I was a student there from "84 through '88.

I had these stuffed away in some boxes at my house.

Had? I sure hope you still have them.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, ETXfan16 said:

I can never make a prediction for this game because every year it's the weirdest game. 

I agree. It's an intense and historic rivalry. Throw the records out. Never know what's gonna happen. 

I'm gonna vote with my heart...Longhorns win!