Winnsboro @ White Oak Triennial Homecoming

Racer55

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

13 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Interesting not having homecoming every year. Why is that? I liked Whitehouse doing Sr night on the opening game. Kinda interesting and keep distraction away.

Idk really. I’ve heard they started it back during Ww2 and have kept it since then. Some have said it was every 4 years. Idk the real story though. Maybe someone could let us know. If not I’ll try to find out for sure.

• Stinks 1

I am conflicted on this one. I have family members going to both school. One of them is on the team. Should be a good game may the best team that night win. May it be an injury free game and the fans have a safe trip going to the game and returning home from the game.

7 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I am conflicted on this one. I have family members going to both school. One of them is on the team. Should be a good game may the best team that night win. May it be an injury free game and the fans have a safe trip going to the game and returning home from the game.

Ongoing construction at the school has limited the parking lot. Anyone going to the game should get there early as the WOISD campus will be packed throughout the day with tours of the new building & field house and especially at the game that night.

9 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I have a handicapped tag on my car. Are there any close parking places on either side

Visitors and home parking is mixed together. There’s a few handicapped spaces right next to the fence and concession stands but not many and are gone first. 

Looking forward to a great game. Been several years since the Raiders have traveled down to WO. Winny played better last week so I look for them to continue to improve this week. Also believe they should get a couple of key guys back from injury this week as well.

• Like 1

If there’s no more parking available at the school. People can park at city hall and citizens bank off hiway 80. The school will operate a bus to shuttle people to the middle school from those locations. They’ll have another smaller bus to shuttle people down to the game if needed as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Mis voted. Can’t delete votes anymore. I’d have to restart the poll over so just disregard the vote. 

After you voted, you realized you set it up for the public to be able to see votes now you crawfishing. It’s OK. Just admit that you think WO is going to lose. Lol

20 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

That’s impressive Gilmer hasn’t even bothered putting up a sign for  their 2014 state champion team that scored the second most points in high school history.  Glad your community is supportive.

Yeah we’re proud of it. One of the kids on the team his dad won the BBB one year and nearly all of them play other sports as well. People can laugh about it, but it is a hard feat to accomplish. Bass fishing over the last decade has taken off in a big way and will continue to grow. There’s currently 500 bass fishing schools in the state and only a few qualify for regionals and state and so forth. To win state they take the two man teams for each school and add their total weight together to come up with a winning school on Sam Rayburn. I guess at least we’re state champs in something this year. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1