Carlisle Vs Cushing

upullinmychain

15 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

I just copied and pasted it from the Red Zone. I meant no disrespect. I don’t diss high school teams. What is the correct win count?

The article is correct for this century...  however, they have made the playoffs 2 times since 1970.  I know it’s a dismal point but....

I would have to go back and look but I believe in 1983-84 they were 7-3.  The 3 losses were to Overton, Tenaha and Union Hill.  All four teams were in the top ten in class A before district and I believe Union Hill lost to Munday in the State Finals that year.  

They have gotten to 6-4 3 or 4 times in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.  I would have to look it up.

anyway, I didn’t think you meant any disrespect... it’s just that KTRE didn’t really look or they were going off heresay... which is here not there. It’s the past.

Cushing will by no means be a push over they have just as much speed as the Indians with a great balanced attack and for the qb I would say he is probably one of the best if not the best in the district he can pass or kill you with his feet and the D will hit you in the mouth with speed all over the field I'm expecting a showdown the team with the least amount of mistakes takes it and the weather is going to be nice 

4 minutes ago, Doglife said:

Cushing will by no means be a push over they have just as much speed as the Indians with a great balanced attack and for the qb I would say he is probably one of the best if not the best in the district he can pass or kill you with his feet and the D will hit you in the mouth with speed all over the field I'm expecting a showdown the team with the least amount of mistakes takes it and the weather is going to be nice 

No they don't... Not even close. 

I've seen coaches from four of the five other teams in our dist at our games this year, they leave with that look on their faces.. You will see.. It's that funny kinda look people have when they see de'javue.. Clay ain't turned Gerald loose yet this year.. He figna cut fence and sort some busters out. Watch and see Friday, even with a dog or two on him he's gonna wreck shop.. 

Cushing is pretty darn tough this year. I was very surprised when HD went up to Cushing. They hit us in the mouth and didn't back down at all. They are undersized but looks like they have about 10 kids who are all about 5'10" 180lbs that are solid athletes. Best coached and prepared team I've seen in a long long time to be honest. Granted HD had 6 turnovers in the first half on a sloppy field but the Bearkats stuck to their game plan and made plays. HD settled down after halftime after being down 28-0 at halftime (not even sure what happened but when you continually put the ball on the ground, you usually don't win) and manhandled them for most of the second half. But Cushing still ripped off two big plays but the Bobcats only had one second half turnover so that helped. Their QB is a true dual threat and the kid has some wheels and throws the ball well. Off/Def line is small but pretty athletic and block well. I think if HD/Cushing did it all over again, HD wins but they were the better team that night (and 7 turnovers and a 3 hour bus ride helped a little I'm sure lol). HD played their absolute worst (still had more total yards than Cushing) and Cushing played good (not their best). Carlisle should be able to win the line of scrimmage and break a few long runs. HD's 6'3" FS/WR was out that game and our secondary was shuffled around and our pass defense looked horrible and the last level of containment wasn't there to limit a 60 yard TD to an 18 yard first down. 

The Indians best not overlook Cushing or turn the ball over like HD did because they are capable of pulling off the upset. They will not lay down and they will be prepared and well coached I can assure you of that. This ain't your uncle's Cushing Bearkat team. My prediction: Indians - 38  Bearkats - 20

Ok, so was Carlisle-Cushing a thing back in the day?! 😂 Enjoying this little back and forth. I mean, really, were y’all district rivals at some point? What’s the win-loss series record? This thread is much more interesting than the Alto-Big Sandy one. No one has anything to say over there.....yet anyway! Smoaky must not reach to the BS city limits. Lol

16 hours ago, HulaKat said:

This will not happen...   Cushing’s  team last year put  a lot of points on Carlisle and was right there with them until fumbling the ball 2 or three times straight in the second half... which is part of the game.  Team only lost 3 two-way starters and is much better than last year’s team.  

Carlisle is by all accounts one of the best teams in the region and I expect them to not make many mistakes and to win the ball game.  But go right on ahead and look past the Bearkats.

Chain, I know you are not looking past and I know the coaching staff will have the Indians focused.  I just hope to see a competitive, fun game and injury-free to both teams...

Not saying C is Troup, but they will be the toughest competition Carlisle has faced since then.

Turner ain't like sunshine was last year,if protection breaks down he won't just launch an int,he'll pull it down and take off,and then the nightmare insues for Cush ing.because he can literally turn a loss of yards into 6 points.

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Ok, so was Carlisle-Cushing a thing back in the day?! 😂 Enjoying this little back and forth. I mean, really, were y’all district rivals at some point? What’s the win-loss series record? This thread is much more interesting than the Alto-Big Sandy one. No one has anything to say over there.....yet anyway! Smoaky must not reach to the BS city limits. Lol

Ha