Gilmer @ Spring Hill

CallMeDaddy

Gilmer vs Spring Hill  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

48 minutes ago, Acewell said:

I thought Gilmer played outstanding with the exception of the bad snap.

Spring Hill could have won but they made more mistakes than I have ever seen.  They seriously need to grow up and gain some mental toughness.

The changes on offense were a good idea but the players just didn't execute well enough or were just beat by Gilmer.

I thought Zach Henry 16 did good in coverage with the two picks.  Gilmer wr had at least a FT and 50 lbs on him.

Ritchie Matkin 2 played great as usual at end.

Morgan Bradford had a nice td breaking 2 tackles after the catch.

Who was the Gilmer player who layed the boom on White at the end?  I didn't expect him to walk off the field as loud as that was.

I guess we were watching 2 different games and i was sitting on SH side but Gilmer did not play well offensively at all.  The bad snap and bone head move on punter was automatic 7 for SH. I do agree SH could have won if Gilmer would have had a couple more turnovers. The 2 INT were poorly thrown passes not really good defense just under thrown that kid was beat on those 2. But I do give him props he battled all night and played hard. 

SH does lack mental toughness 87 hurt ya especially   SH wanted it more just don’t have the athletes to make it happen. 

#43 for Gilmer played a heck of a game #20 played well  both on defense  #22 carried Gilmer on offense 

Put SH QB with Gilmer and it’s not very close Game in my opinion 

My thoughts for what they are worth.

The weather obviously affected both teams, SHs kicking game, and Gilmer’s passing game.

The Gilmer’s offense is so blah right now because they don’t run the QB. A scrambling QB has been a huge part of their offense for the past 20 years. Perhaps they are just buying time  until the Freshman QB is brought up next year?

The Buckeye defense had no answer for The SH QB when took off running.

The Gilmer cornerbacks still cant cover anyone.

The false start penalties need to stop. It’s game 7 for gosh sakes. 

Again, Gilmer is a young team. Several Sophomores and a couple of Freshmen starters. So good things to come for them, just probably next year. 

How do you miss two 2pt conversions. A pat and 2 fg?  Granted pat was blocked and 1 fg was 57 yrds away.

How do you lose that game with 3 takeaways?

2 yrs in a row losing by 2pts to the biggest district rival. Un flippin believable.  The players must want to give up for sure now.

Gilmer still has a great coaching staff.  The same guys that won for many years are still coaching at Gilmer.  A coaching staff is what makes the head coach, not the other way around.  I bet SH would gladly welcome anyone on Gilmers staff.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WObanker said:

Gilmer still has a great coaching staff.  The same guys that won for many years are still coaching at Gilmer.  A coaching staff is what makes the head coach, not the other way around.  I bet SH would gladly welcome anyone on Gilmers staff.  

Hahahah 😂😂😂 They only have like 3 or 4 coaches that were on Traylors staff. Gilmer lucked out and squeaked in a win last night so they will be the fourth place team this year because they won’t win another district game. They will get beat in the first round of the playoffs as well. Now that’s some staff lol

8 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Hahahah 😂😂😂 They only have like 3 or 4 coaches that were on Traylors staff. Gilmer lucked out and squeaked in a win last night so they will be the fourth place team this year because they won’t win another district game. They will get beat in the first round of the playoffs as well. Now that’s some staff lol

Maybe it’s time to face reality and say hey we just aren’t as good as we use to be. You know the old saying all good things must come to an end.  That doesn’t mean they won’t be good again just maybe not like they are use to.  Those coaches were not going to stay around forever. Maybe some of the Gilmer fans have been spoiled 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

Maybe it’s time to face reality and say hey we just aren’t as good as we use to be. You know the old saying all good things must come to an end.  That doesn’t mean they won’t be good again just maybe not like they are use to.  Those coaches were not going to stay around forever. Maybe some of the Gilmer fans have been spoiled 

Oh I agree with you but why would they ruin something that was once so good and turn it into a circus. Lots of kids quit playing football when Turner took the reigns. Like Someone else on here said run the whole staff off and the school board too. Maybe that’s what they need to do. All I know is as long as the staff they have now and Turners in charge they will continue to go down hill. 

4 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Oh I agree with you but why would they ruin something that was once so good and turn it into a circus. Lots of kids quit playing football when Turner took the reigns. Like Someone else on here said run the whole staff off and the school board too. Maybe that’s what they need to do. All I know is as long as the staff they have now and Turners in charge they will continue to go down hill. 

Turner has done pretty good up until this season.  Maybe it’s because he doesn’t have the kids he’s use to idk.  It was he that ran that offense even when Jeff was coach. He made it go.  Maybe he’s not as popular as a head coach I don’t know that either   In my opinion I just think it’s a down year for Gilmer and I would have to see what next year and the year after brings.  As far as the school board goes I know football is a huge thing in Gilmer but they are there for a lot more than just football.  I certainly don’t see putting the blame on them considering the success of the program has had with Turner as either offensive coordinator or head coach.  You could run the whole staff off but do you honestly think things will be better.  Sometimes what you have is not so bad after all  

14 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Turner has done pretty good up until this season.  Maybe it’s because he doesn’t have the kids he’s use to idk.  It was he that ran that offense even when Jeff was coach. He made it go.  Maybe he’s not as popular as a head coach I don’t know that either   In my opinion I just think it’s a down year for Gilmer and I would have to see what next year and the year after brings.  As far as the school board goes I know football is a huge thing in Gilmer but they are there for a lot more than just football.  I certainly don’t see putting the blame on them considering the success of the program has had with Turner as either offensive coordinator or head coach.  You could run the whole staff off but do you honestly think things will be better.  Sometimes what you have is not so bad after all  

The only reason Turner had any success when he took over was because of the team Traylor had built up. Gilmer would have won state in 15 and 16 if Traylor hadn’t left. Yes Gilmer is down talent wise this year. My point is that Traylor could get more out of a kid on the field than Turner can. Jeff believed in disciplinary actions to the players to hold them accountable for things. All of that is gone. That’s why kids quit on Turner and not Traylor. Turner does not need to be head coach. He needs to be in the press box if he stays. They need someone that has some fire not someone who claps after every penalty every fumble and every int. This years team has nothing to do with Traylor and you see the results. Also they’ve let all of the staff that was good leave and replaced them with ex Gilmer players lol

14 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

The only reason Turner had any success when he took over was because of the team Traylor had built up. Gilmer would have won state in 15 and 16 if Traylor hadn’t left. Yes Gilmer is down talent wise this year. My point is that Traylor could get more out of a kid on the field than Turner can. Jeff believed in disciplinary actions to the players to hold them accountable for things. All of that is gone. That’s why kids quit on Turner and not Traylor. Turner does not need to be head coach. He needs to be in the press box if he stays. They need someone that has some fire not someone who claps after every penalty every fumble and every int. This years team has nothing to do with Traylor and you see the results. Also they’ve let all of the staff that was good leave and replaced them with ex Gilmer players lol

Sounds like you are describing Jason Garrett as far as the clapping goes Lol! Anyway there is no guarantee if they get a new coaching staff that things will be better Jeff did a great job but he is gone. Some can’t be replaced.  I’m still waiting on the Cowboys to replace Jimmy Johnson 

26 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Sounds like you are describing Jason Garrett as far as the clapping goes Lol! Anyway there is no guarantee if they get a new coaching staff that things will be better Jeff did a great job but he is gone. Some can’t be replaced.  I’m still waiting on the Cowboys to replace Jimmy Johnson 

Hahahah yeah just like that 😂 Your right he can’t be replaced and yeah I’m waiting on that one too hahahah 

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

You have made that statement more than once about ex Gilmer players coaching. What Ex Gilmer players are on staff that Jeff did not hire? 

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

Also. I don’t think they have (let) anyone leave. They have left for bigger and better offers.