Celina @ Paris

SilverCrush8

Both teams are (4-1) for the season......Celina lost to a very good FW Nolan Catholic 33-17 in Week 3 and  Paris lost to Pleasant Grove 30-10 in the first game of the year. Both teams are (2-0) in district.  We will find out this week about Celina's offense.......they've been putting up some good numbers against their schedule.  They average 43 pts/game and give up 13. Don't think those numbers will apply this week against the Wildcats.  Paris is averaging 27 pts/game while allowing 17 against their schedule so far.....which has been tougher than Celina's IMHO.  To be honest.....I'm not quite sure how this game will go.  Celina has been quietly whacking along with some good numbers, but has yet to play a team like Paris(Nolan Catholic?).  This game is a home game for Paris.......I think that helps the Wildcats.  Paris defeated a very good Melissa team 28-25 two weeks ago in Paris, and then soundly defeated (4-1) Anna 27-0 at their house last week.  Anna is now (4-2) on the season and (1-1) in district play.  This district has Argyle(5-0,1-0), Melissa(3-2,0-1) Celina(4-1,2-0) Paris(4-1,2-0) Anna(4-2, 1-1) Sanger(0-5,0-2) and North Lamar(0-6,0-2).......Sanger and North Lamar play each other next week.  Two of Celina's wins have come against Sanger and N. Lamar........Paris has yet to play either team. Only 4 of these teams can make the playoffs.  Now you know about District 7 in 4A-D1.  

The Argyllians are deeply interested in this game......Argyle plays Paris in Argyle next week.  This week the Eagles travel to N. Lamar to play the winless Panthers.......Argyle scalped the Sanger Indians last week 75-6.  But Celina and Paris are very formidable opponents.......and Celina is a rivalry game for Argyle in the last week of district play at Celina.  I'm leaning toward Celina in this one, but from what I know about playing Paris for so many years in nondistrict.......they always have some very good athletic types and a good defense this season.  So at this point I'm calling it a toss-up......pick your poison folks.

After doing some extensive research on the internet.......I have not been able to find but a very limited amount of information on either team.  MaxPreps only lists the stats of the teams that turn in stats to them.......and neither of these teams does that......for whatever reason.  Also the game recap flimclips.......very limited just like no stats available from either team.  Most probably done by design.......but what difference could it make if teams take scouting trips anyway???  From what I was able to learn and see,  now I'm leaning more toward Paris in this game.  It appears they have some very good skill position players and also a good defense.  I like their tougher schedule played, athleticism, and overall team speed also.  I'm taking Paris in this one as a 6 point favorite........28-22.  Besides......the game is in Paris.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

After doing some extensive research on the internet.......I have not been able to find but a very limited amount of information on either team.  MaxPreps only lists the stats of the teams that turn in stats to them.......and neither of these teams does that......for whatever reason.  Also the game recap flimclips.......very limited just like no stats available from either team.  Most probably done by design.......but what difference could it make if teams take scouting trips anyway???  From what I was able to learn and see,  now I'm leaning more toward Paris in this game.  It appears they have some very good skill position players and also a good defense.  I like their tougher schedule played, athleticism, and overall team speed also.  I'm taking Paris in this one as a 6 point favorite........28-22.  Besides......the game is in Paris.

You’re a smart man 

Celina's run defense will certainly be tested in this one.  The Bobcats have the right defensive scheme for a team like Paris, but if the Wildcats can get their athletes out in space it'll be see ya.  Something tells me that both teams will have struggles on offense, but I have Paris in a close one, probably low-scoring.

Paris 24

Celina 22

Paris was forced to throw the ball on several occasions against Melissa and did so well. They converted 3 or 4 4th downs in 2nd half with pass completions and once on a real nice scramble by the QB. the last conversion was on 4th and 3 inside Melissa 20 with under 2 minutes left. QB rolled to right and threw a dart to a well covered receiver on sideline to convert. If pass incomplete Melissa wins the game.

I saw Celina last year and Paris this year..that doesn't mean much as lots of different faces on each team. But based on the personnel and schemes I've seen I believe Paris is better team, and think they are likely better than the Nolan Catholic team that defeated Celina with relative ease. I wish Celina-Liberty Christian hadn't been washed out as I think that would tell us more about the Bobcats.

I agree in lower scoring game and going with Paris 23 Celina 17.