Celina @ Paris

SilverCrush8

1 hour ago, flanker said:

I've watched Paris a couple of times and their defense is pretty strong. I want to think they can play with Celina, but has Paris ever beaten Celina in any sport?

Celina is 2-0 vs. Paris in football, but they haven't played since the 2011 season.   I know Paris has beaten Celina in baseball, and I don't think they've ever met in boys basketball.

Paris has more of a history vs. Argyle where the Eagles are 8-0.

4 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Celina will be a different team from early in the season.People are not talking much about them but they will bring Paris back down to earth and win big!

Celina-45

Paris-17

Melissa and Gilmer fans said the same thing! See ya on the Loop aka Wildcat Stadium 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parisian said:

Celina is 2-0 vs. Paris in football, but they haven't played since the 2011 season.   I know Paris has beaten Celina in baseball, and I don't think they've ever met in boys basketball.

Paris has more of a history vs. Argyle where the Eagles are 8-0.

What does other sports or Argyle have to do with this game 

5 hours ago, SilverCrush8 said:

What does other sports or Argyle have to do with this game 

Just answering Flanker's question about the Paris-Celina series and pointing out there's not much of one, which stands in contrast to the history between Paris and Argyle, next week's opponent.  As far as the game itself, most posters here probably missed MuleSlicks' previous astute comment on this thread about the "Daingerfield hex."  He's referring to Celina's 0-3 record vs. the Tigers about a decade ago when Celina developed a reputation, rightly or wrongly, about having a problem handling East Texas speed.  We'll see.

• Thanks 1

Since Paris is already "one up" in the district standings with their win over Melissa......this battle against Celina is a very important game in the pecking order of how the playoff spots in this district might result.  If Celina wins.......then loses to Melissa........it becomes one of those point differential things between these 3 teams.  And Argyle has yet to enter the fray with any of these teams.  It could get mighty dicey in this district before it's all said and done, folks.  This is a really BIG game in Paris this week.......for all 4 teams.

40 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Since Paris is already "one up" in the district standings with their win over Melissa......this battle against Celina is a very important game in the pecking order of how the playoff spots in this district might result.  If Celina wins.......then loses to Melissa........it becomes one of those point differential things between these 3 teams.  And Argyle has yet to enter the fray with any of these teams.  It could get mighty dicey in this district before it's all said and done, folks.  This is a really BIG game in Paris this week.......for all 4 teams.

Exactly.  A Paris win virtually ensures a top 2 district finish and favorable playoff bracket (avoiding a potential 2nd round pairing vs.(presumably) top 10 teams La Vega and Stephenville (2 teams Argyle has already beaten in close games).

In an unrelated note . . . Argyle is at nearby North Lamar Friday in a meeting with potential state championship bearings.  No, not in football, but in halftime shows.  You can bet both schools will be closely scouting marching band routines to gain at edge in the upcoming 4A state championships.

Also, love the district decision to start games at 7 instead of 7:30 (although that could be a hardship on some fans' travel).  Last week's Paris-Anna game was over at 9:05 despite a technical delay that extended halftime maybe 5-10 minutes.

• Like 1

This game will more than likely be played on a wet field tonight.......possibly raining on and off the entire game.  I wonder which team has a better running game.  There will be two games in Paris tonight.......this one and North Lamar vs Argyle also.  I hope these games are not called due to lightning.  The forecasts say rain all day in the Dallas area moving NE late evening around 8 pm.......headed right for the Paris area.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:45 AM, Parisian said:

Exactly.  A Paris win virtually ensures a top 2 district finish and favorable playoff bracket (avoiding a potential 2nd round pairing vs.(presumably) top 10 teams La Vega and Stephenville (2 teams Argyle has already beaten in close games).

In an unrelated note . . . Argyle is at nearby North Lamar Friday in a meeting with potential state championship bearings.  No, not in football, but in halftime shows.  You can bet both schools will be closely scouting marching band routines to gain at edge in the upcoming 4A state championships.

Also, love the district decision to start games at 7 instead of 7:30 (although that could be a hardship on some fans' travel).  Last week's Paris-Anna game was over at 9:05 despite a technical delay that extended halftime maybe 5-10 minutes.

I wouldnt say that virtually ensures them a top 2 finsh in district. Melissa is going to be the x factor watch. Dont be shocked if Melissa doesnt win out in the district. I know thats a bold statement, but Paris seems to have completely woken up Melissa. Lot has changed in the last two weeks in Melissa since the Paris game.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

This game will more than likely be played on a wet field tonight.......possibly raining on and off the entire game.  I wonder which team has a better running game.  There will be two games in Paris tonight.......this one and North Lamar vs Argyle also.  I hope these games are not called due to lightning.  The forecasts say rain all day in the Dallas area moving NE late evening around 8 pm.......headed right for the Paris area.

Rain today has been light with the main part of the system skirting to the north of Paris.  Current reports show for a reasonably dry window after 5 pm.  There doesn't appear to be any threat for lightning, which is encouraging.  Regardless, it shouldn't affect the Paris-Celina game.  Wildcat Stadium has a new symmetry turf field.  R.L. Maddox will be a different story for Argyle-NL.  There will be mud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I wouldnt say that virtually ensures them a top 2 finsh in district. Melissa is going to be the x factor watch. Dont be shocked if Melissa doesnt win out in the district. I know thats a bold statement, but Paris seems to have completely woken up Melissa. Lot has changed in the last two weeks in Melissa since the Paris game.

Melissa, at full strength, is certainly capable of knocking off Argyle, but right now that would be considered a huge upset.   I've seen Argyle.  Their defense is undersized but scary quick.  I'll take Paris' chances of finishing in the top 2 if they win tonight by virtue of what would be their tiebreaker advantage over both Melissa and Celina.  Gotta get past Celina first, and that won't be an easy task.

1 hour ago, TCU44 said:

Melesa and Gilmer 2 teams Paris has played are both way way overrated!Gilmer is not Gilmer this year.Celina will win this game big!

Can’t wait to talk to you after the game! The hay is in the barn buddy! Celina hasn’t been hit in the mouth like Paris will hit them in the mouth 

3 hours ago, Parisian said:

Rain today has been light with the main part of the system skirting to the north of Paris.  Current reports show for a reasonably dry window after 5 pm.  There doesn't appear to be any threat for lightning, which is encouraging.  Regardless, it shouldn't affect the Paris-Celina game.  Wildcat Stadium has a new symmetry turf field.  R.L. Maddox will be a different story for Argyle-NL.  There will be mud.

494EEBB1-640E-4DD7-B922-F82017D1B46F.jpeg

I seriously doubt Paris will be kicking field goals if they are behind that far.......but I also seriously doubt whether any team gets more than 2 td's down on the other tonight. It should be a very fun game to watch with lots of action. Heck......I wouldn't look for Paris to kick a field goal early in the game if they are in position......they will just go for it on 4th down.