Fire Garrett

005D9A7E-2943-4C85-8F82-0ED846CF7447.jpeg

Sean McVay on going for it on 4th and 1 with the lead against Seattle. “Attack success. Don’t fear failure.” Garrett chooses to punt on 4th and 1. This is why Garrett will never be more than .500 coach at best.

I think it was the smart call. You are at your 45 yard line. If you do not make it then you risk giving them short field and what 30 yards and a field goal. We had not run the ball consistently all day. Better to punt and force them to drive 60 or 70 yards. In hindsight our defense broke down. The one pass play and that pretty much sealed it. 

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

005D9A7E-2943-4C85-8F82-0ED846CF7447.jpeg

Sean McVay on going for it on 4th and 1 with the lead against Seattle. “Attack success. Don’t fear failure.” Garrett chooses to punt on 4th and 1. This is why Garrett will never be more than .500 coach at best.

I agree he should have went for it and probably would have had it been 6 inches but it was closer to 2 yds.  As in any game there were other plays throughout that weren’t made that may have given Dallas more points then on the other hand Houston probably should have won the game easily 

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Cowboys have been mired in mediocrity for 20 years and after 8-9 years as HC I dont see any reason to think Jason Garrett is capable of changing that.

I listened to his press conference today and if you have heard one you have heard them all over the years 

Garrett should have been fired years ago, but then we have the 13-3 .  That saved him.  I'm done with this season, and I have Dallas going 3-13.  It's time to look forward to next years draft.  Nothing can help this team make the playoffs even bring Dez back. 

Garrett and his stick to the process is over and outdated. You invest heavily in the offensive line and RB. You’ve got a 90% success rate on 4th and 1. You don’t go for it. You have a young QB who you let his WR1 leave before his TE1 retires. A QB whose accuracy has regressed horribly. 

15 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

I agree he should have went for it and probably would have had it been 6 inches but it was closer to 2 yds.  As in any game there were other plays throughout that weren’t made that may have given Dallas more points then on the other hand Houston probably should have won the game easily 

The biggest thing about that fourth down was Zeke wasn't right. He had just come up limping a few plays before, and didn't hit the hole hard on 3rd and 1. I'm not 100% sold that the Cowboys would have gotten that conversion, but even as a Texans fan was shocked they didn't even try. Not going to complain except it gave BOB a little more job security...

How about the poor poor play calls

Examine after the Tavion Austin return at the Texan 45 with 3 and half to go. On 2-9 we go fake jet sweep fake dive to zeke throw it? Texan are not biting there ears pinned back and coming to knock you out of getting into possible game winning FG. They had 1 timeout the Texans two first downs there and the clock is your friend and a FG wins it in regulation. That poor poor 2-9 call that ended in a sack took that away.

I have no issue punting I do have a huge issue with 3-1 play call. Just few plays before on 3-1 we lined up with a fb and smashed it for 4-5 yards to pick up the first down.

So we go with motion and put Zeke at FB and motion Cole Beasley to TB and run a dive play with no lead blocker! The safety made the play in the hole if he has lead blocker that's a first down. Terrible personnel package and play call

Its time for the Red Clapper and Linehan to go

7 hours ago, topher805 said:

The biggest thing about that fourth down was Zeke wasn't right. He had just come up limping a few plays before, and didn't hit the hole hard on 3rd and 1. I'm not 100% sold that the Cowboys would have gotten that conversion, but even as a Texans fan was shocked they didn't even try. Not going to complain except it gave BOB a little more job security...

Yeah  I originally thought they should probably go for it but on the other hand I was not expecting them to make it if they did.   I can see both sides to this debate   Considering  the play before and how well the defense had been playing I could see punting the ball.  On the other hand I could see gambling and trying to win the game   Had they went for it and not made it I’m sure many people would said they should have punted  i’m trying to remember exactly where they were on the field I think they were at their own 40 something yard line if that’s the case I could definitely agree with punting because of how poorly they had run the ball and that the defense was playing well.  If they were only Texans 40 something yard line I would have definitely went for it 

I just went back and looked and they were at the Houston 42 yard line I would have went for it  if they thought the defense was playing that well then that was just another reason to go for it. It’s probably time for Garrett to go but then will it really matter?  As long as Jerry is general manager not sure it’s going to matter who is coaching the team 

Jerruh will never admit that Red has been and still is a dud .... :nerd:  As long as he's a good "yes man", his job is safe ... besides, Jerruh is never really ever going to let anybody else call the shots ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Thanks 1

We must all admit that this thread is just good psychological therapy. There's no way y'all are blaming the Ivy League ginger for all these miscues. Long as the 'Boys wins 11 games this season, things will get rolling just in time for the playoffs! TrueStorie

28 minutes ago, Doomer said:

We must all admit that this thread is just good psychological therapy. There's no way y'all are blaming the Ivy League ginger for all these miscues. Long as the 'Boys wins 11 games this season, things will get rolling just in time for the playoffs! TrueStorie

If the shoe fits ...

Jason-Garrett-As-Tom-Landry.jpg

• LOL! 1

• 4 weeks later...

According to Ian Rappaport.....

Dallas almost fired Scott Linehan over the Bye Week, with Garrett taking over play calling. Lincoln Riley would be the the front runner to replace Jason Garrett as HC if/when he gets fired. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

According to Ian Rappaport.....

Dallas almost fired Scott Linehan over the Bye Week, with Garrett taking over play calling. Lincoln Riley would be the the front runner to replace Jason Garrett as HC if/when he gets fired. 

Not sure Lincoln Riley would be any better than Garrett.......this position calls for something much more, IMHO.