San Augustine at Hull Daisetta

SAWolfman

26 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Not even close.

This years version has beaten:

Burkeville (0-5), who has scored a grand total against 6 points (against HD I might add)

West hardin (3-3), who's only UIL win (not by a Sabine Pass forfeit) is against 0-5 Warren

Sabine Pass (0-3), who no longer is playing football this year

& Kountze (1-4), who does not have a victory over a UIL program.

You got donkey stomped by Cushing 41-18. Yes it was 28-0 at halftime. Which means you only outscored them 18-13 in the 2nd half. Not exactly something to hang your hat on. And this claim of 6 turnovers in the 1st half? Fake news. 3 fumbles, 1 interception. And Cushing turned it over twice themselves in that first half. 

Say all you want about the competition HD has played but all they’ve done is play the schedule in front of them and destroy those teams like they should have. In those four games they’ve outscored those bad opponents 188-6. And the 6 was given up by our end of the bench JV kids. Just because a team hasn’t played great teams doesn’t mean they can’t be good. And last time i checked Cushing hasn’t lost a game. 

5 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

Man those are some good memories!! I was A sophomore in that ‘94 game. It was 13-7 at the half and a really competitive game. The second half the Jackets just poured it on tho and they had too many athletes and we couldn’t stop their speed option. Coleman, Richardson, Gamble (a beast even as a freshman), Hackett at DT and Fred Hackney to name a few. I went up against Tyrone Clater every play on offense and defense (TE/DE) and he kicked my butt the whole game. 6’4” 215lb manchild! 

That team a few years before that Alto beat 40-21 was the best team we had in years. Any other year or district draw i think HD would have went 3-4 rounds deep but we caught Alto in the first round. (Maybe 2nd round, can’t remember). Alto finished 12-2 that year with their only 2 losses coming to 16-0 Rodney Thomas led state champion Groveton. 

And as far as this week against SA we probably don’t have the firepower to beat the Wolves but it won’t be a second half running clock with them scoring as much as they want. HD is solid this year, coming off a bye week with two weeks to prepare and rest up and it’s Homecoming. We shall see 

Dang, man!! You know names and everything!  lol  That's awesome!  All those guys you named were dadgum good players and YES, Brian Gamble was a beast as a freshman (of course, he was a year older than all the other freshmen, but a beast is a beast! lol).  That 12-2 season in 1990 ugh.......well, Rodney Thomas was THE man among men.  That young man was fun to watch......well except for that quarterfinal game at SFA when THE RODNEY THOMAS SHOW beat us 39-27 in front of 12,000 people.  Winner of that game wins state....and that year it was Groveton! 😕

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Dang, man!! You know names and everything!  lol  That's awesome!  All those guys you named were dadgum good players and YES, Brian Gamble was a beast as a freshman (of course, he was a year older than all the other freshmen, but a beast is a beast! lol).  That 12-2 season in 1990 ugh.......well, Rodney Thomas was THE man among men.  That young man was fun to watch......well except for that quarterfinal game at SFA when THE RODNEY THOMAS SHOW beat us 39-27 in front of 12,000 people.  Winner of that game wins state....and that year it was Groveton! 😕

Hard to forget those names, they were being announced on the loudspeaker all night that night lol. The thing i remember most about that game was the opening kickoff. All the Alto fans had the jugs full of rocks or beads or whatever they put in them and shake them and the whole stadium was buzzing!! Very intimidating!! That was at Morehead stadium in Conroe. 

On another note, not many ppl know but in the spring of 1993 Lucky Gamble accepted the head coach job at Hull-Daisetta. He spent a few days at the school, came and talked to us JH kids and Brian came and hungout with us in junior high. We played basketball and threw the football and i was like hell yeah this is our QB for the next 4 years in high school! A week later coach Gamble resigned. Rumors were that our field house was in shambles and so outdated he didn’t want to stay. Other rumor was there was a big fight at the HS between some cow kicker ag barn white boys and some black kids. Racial tension was kinda high because of the fight but there was only like two football players involved. Supposedly he didn’t wanna walk off into a job with those issues. Either way he left, took the Alto job and the rest is history. 

25 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

Say all you want about the competition HD has played but all they’ve done is play the schedule in front of them and destroy those teams like they should have. In those four games they’ve outscored those bad opponents 188-6. And the 6 was given up by our end of the bench JV kids. Just because a team hasn’t played great teams doesn’t mean they can’t be good. And last time i checked Cushing hasn’t lost a game. 

Yea and Cushing has beaten Chilton (0-6), Burkeville (0-5), Tyler All Saints (2-3 and only UIL win is 0-5 Campbell), and Hull-Daisetta. Again, you are hanging your hat on a blowout loss to a team who might make the playoffs in their district. Maybe. 

1 minute ago, TxFight said:

Yea and Cushing has beaten Chilton (0-6), Burkeville (0-5), Tyler All Saints (2-3 and only UIL win is 0-5 Campbell), and Hull-Daisetta. Again, you are hanging your hat on a blowout loss to a team who might make the playoffs in their district. Maybe. 

I’m not saying your wrong. I’m just saying I’ve been watching HD and local small school teams for over 25 years and this is an above average team. Can they beat SA? Probably not. But i dont think it’ll be a blowout. And HD had four fumbles and an interception in the first half against Cushing and one fumble and a pick in the second half. So 5 first half turnovers not 6. 

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

I’m not saying your wrong. I’m just saying I’ve been watching HD and local small school teams for over 25 years and this is an above average team. Can they beat SA? Probably not. But i dont think it’ll be a blowout. And HD had four fumbles and an interception in the first half against Cushing and one fumble and a pick in the second half. So 5 first half turnovers not 6. 

It happens every year...your cupcake glasses will get knocked off your head this week and will see what your team is really made off.  HD may beat Deweyville...that's it!

1 minute ago, SAWolfman said:

It happens every year...your cupcake glasses will get knocked off your head this week and will see what your team is really made off.  HD may beat Deweyville...that's it!

Haha yeah we will see! Do you really think SA is that good this year? I know They were losing to Hemphill mid 2nd qtr a couple weeks ago. Last time i checked Hemphill isn’t exactly a powerhouse. And 20-0 vs centerville looks decent but we know CV is down this year and it was a 6 point game in the 4th qtr. Only losing to Teneha by 14 sounds great in August but they’ve shown they aren’t the team they were last year either. Let SA come to Daisetta Friday night expecting to be playing a Burkeville or West Hardin and watch them get hit in the mouth and saying what the hell just happened. You’ll see soon enough. And HD will not have any issues with DV, SV or WS in district. And you talk about about how weak Groveton is but they beat CV by 6 and that could have easily been the same margin SA beat them by. 

• Stinks 1

13 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

Hard to forget those names, they were being announced on the loudspeaker all night that night lol. The thing i remember most about that game was the opening kickoff. All the Alto fans had the jugs full of rocks or beads or whatever they put in them and shake them and the whole stadium was buzzing!! Very intimidating!! That was at Moorehead stadium in Conroe

On another note, not many ppl know but in the spring of 1993 Lucky Gamble accepted the head coach job at Hull-Daisetta. He spent a few days at the school, came and talked to us JH kids and Brian came and hungout with us in junior high. We played basketball and threw the football and i was like hell yeah this is our QB for the next 4 years in high school! A week later coach Gamble resigned. Rumors were that our field house was in shambles and so outdated he didn’t want to stay. Other rumor was there was a big fight at the HS between some cow kicker ag barn white boys and some black kids. Racial tension was kinda high because of the fight but there was only like two football players involved. Supposedly he didn’t wanna walk off into a job with those issues. Either way he left, took the Alto job and the rest is history. 

Man, you are bringing back some great memories!  YES, those jugs make some good noise; they are filled with BBs!  Nice to hear an opponent mention them.  I forgot that we played in Conroe; I was thinking we played East Chambers there, but that was in 95.  Great atmosphere!!

I know the story of Lucky Gamble from this end.  Didn't know all the back story you mentioned on the Hull end, but as I heard it, he kind of committed to both places after interviewing at each.  Glad history worked out the way it did! lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

Haha yeah we will see! Do you really think SA is that good this year? I know They were losing to Hemphill mid 2nd qtr a couple weeks ago. Last time i checked Hemphill isn’t exactly a powerhouse. And 20-0 vs centerville looks decent but we know CV is down this year and it was a 6 point game in the 4th qtr. Only losing to Teneha by 14 sounds great in August but they’ve shown they aren’t the team they were last year either. Let SA come to Daisetta Friday night expecting to be playing a Burkeville or West Hardin and watch them get hit in the mouth and saying what the hell just happened. You’ll see soon enough. And HD will not have any issues with DV, SV or WS in district. And you talk about about how weak Groveton is but they beat CV by 6 and that could have easily been the same margin SA beat them by. 

We beat hemphill 48-28 and left 20 points on the field.  Hemphill would wipe the floor with HD.  Our line averages 300 pounds...running game is outstanding.  We will be the best team you play all year being you only have 5 games left.

7 minutes ago, CloudOfDust said:

I agree SA will be the best team we play the rest of the regular season. And HD would beat Hemphill this season. We’ve got more than 5 games to go so we’ll see if SA is the best we’ll face the rest of the way. Man come on Friday night!! 

If you would have beat Cushing I would give them the benefit of the doubt. 

9 minutes ago, ATLFalcons said:

I dont see this being a close game at all!  I think the HD faithful are seriously underestimating the Wolves.  Its been a while since HD has seen anything like what SA is going to bring.

I've seen em four times in two years.. It's their turn.. Welcome to the new age... Lol