West!

RickMorris

Rickmorris.....QB is the real deal! without him they are a average football team at best.

With him they are one of the top teams in the state! They have a chance to run the table but my opinion when they get to round 3 or 4 just him alone won't be enough......They play hard inspired football when he is in the game. He makes things happen......hard nose group of kids but I believe when they meet someone like a franklin that does the same thing (meaning hard nose football with talent) they will have a hard time winning. Both Grandview and Groesbeck just aint tough enough up front to compete with West when the QB is in the ball game and that's why they sit a top the district and will likely stay there.

Region 3 to me will be Cameron vs franklin 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Rickmorris.....QB is the real deal! without him they are a average football team at best.

With him they are one of the top teams in the state! They have a chance to run the table but my opinion when they get to round 3 or 4 just him alone won't be enough......They play hard inspired football when he is in the game. He makes things happen......hard nose group of kids but I believe when they meet someone like a franklin that does the same thing (meaning hard nose football with talent) they will have a hard time winning. Both Grandview and Groesbeck just aint tough enough up front to compete with West when the QB is in the ball game and that's why they sit a top the district and will likely stay there.

That is a well thought out response. I think you are hitting the nail on the head 100%. I liked watching them play the one time Ive seen them. Wishing them the best of luck moving forward!

16 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Their running back just won the Built Ford Tough player of the week lol. The QB is great but now they have a runningback to compliment him in the back field. They'll make another deep run 

3 hours ago, PepperBrooks said:

Their running back just won the Built Ford Tough player of the week lol. The QB is great but now they have a runningback to compliment him in the back field. They'll make another deep run 

This RB did not do much when the QB was out bud.....They only beat Godley by 7, and lost eastland by 1......that right there tells you how much this QB means to them.............Groesbeck tried to key in on the QB all night after what he did to Grandview the week before which opened up things for the RB (also o-line is getting better).....Groesbeck cant stop a good rushing attack and that's why they will probably lose to Teague this week as long as Teague can slow down the passing attack a little bit like West did.....The QB makes the team go....if he gets injured again West would be a team who only beats Godley by 7....Think about that bud

9 hours ago, Trojanfan said:

Yeah the running back did not do much except rush for around 600 yards in 2 1/2 games without Gerik at quarterback along with having about 150 receiving yards nd scored 7 touchdowns. Lol.

By God I hope he did something against Eastland, Godley, and Brownsboro ....he rushed for almost 250 yards in the Brownsboro game so most came then plus he had 4/5 TD in the Brownsboro game as well......Not taking anything away from the guy but the TEAM isn't has good without the QB plain and simple. Your season wouldn't be what it is if he had a worse injury that kept him out longer....you definitely wouldn't of beat Grandview without him.

You were the one who said he didn’t do much in Gerik’s absence. I was trying to show you that he did. Yes we probably would not have beaten Grandview, but we did and now our other running back who has rushed for around 500 yards got hurt two weeks ago and will be out for probably 3-4 more weeks, so our three headed running monster game has only played one game so far together and that was Grandview.