Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) travel to undefeated and state ranked Carlisle (6-0 | 1-0) to take on the Indians in a key District 10-2A contest. The winner has a leg up in the district championship race. The Mean Sting squeaked by the Indians 31-28 last year while Carlisle defeated the Jackets 28-7 the year before. Both teams are battle tested this season. Should be a fun game!

This will be a good one. If we have the amount of penalties we had last night, it will be a long night for us. However, I’ve heard all the speed talk about Carlisle and how no one in the district is remotely close to them. That will prove to be  false come Friday night. Hard to really tell by looking at Carlisle’s schedule so far, with the exception of the Troup game on exactly how good they are. Think we will def be a little different than what they’ve played thus far. One thing is for sure, they’ve done what they were supposed to do so far against the teams they’ve faced. They’ve slaughtered them and put up TONS of points. They’re state ranked and rightfully so. I’m ready to see if we can hang. 

I think alto last night should’ve just started every first down 1st and 15 to save some time with all the false starts. 

Alto was definitely the better team last night but if bs plays a clean game no turnovers I think y’all lose. 

Alto has to cut out the turnovers and  penalties and it should be a good game 

31 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I think alto last night should’ve just started every first down 1st and 15 to save some time with all the false starts. 

Alto was definitely the better team last night but if bs plays a clean game no turnovers I think y’all lose. 

Alto has to cut out the turnovers and  penalties and it should be a good game 

That’s the thing. Numerous games we have shot ourselves in the foot in ways that there’s absolutely no way you’re supposed to survive it, and still managed to find a way to win. Yesterday was ugly but got it done. If we both play clean last night, they’re not beating us.

3 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

That’s the thing. Numerous games we have shot ourselves in the foot in ways that there’s absolutely no way you’re supposed to survive it, and still managed to find a way to win. Yesterday was ugly but got it done. If we both play clean last night, they’re not beating us.

I totally agree with you. But they were just as sloppy as y’all or even worse. I was saying if you play like that you could’ve been beat by a inferior team. I don’t think you can get away with it this week. 

I’m pulling for alto so I hope they clean it up. 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

This will be a good one. If we have the amount of penalties we had last night, it will be a long night for us. However, I’ve heard all the speed talk about Carlisle and how no one in the district is remotely close to them. That will prove to be  false come Friday night. Hard to really tell by looking at Carlisle’s schedule so far, with the exception of the Troup game on exactly how good they are. Think we will def be a little different than what they’ve played thus far. One thing is for sure, they’ve done what they were supposed to do so far against the teams they’ve faced. They’ve slaughtered them and put up TONS of points. They’re state ranked and rightfully so. I’m ready to see if we can hang. 

If you are referring to the REMOTELY close comment. In context, I said Cushing had not played anyone with field speed remotely close to Carlisle. That was on the Cushing thread. Either way, we know Alto has the speed. Should be a good game.

I haven't seen Carlisle, but know they are the real deal.  I figured Alto would get it together and be beating the brakes off people by now, but it hasn't happened.  If Alto clicks this week it's going to be a good one, if not, Carlisle wins big.

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Wow, great job on the thread headliner.. This oughta be a good un. 

Chain, this is going to be a great atmosphere! We came over and played at y’alls place last year and it’s always a blast. It’s like stepping back in time, and I don’t mean that in a bad way. The fans are literally part of the game being ON the field like they are (or almost are!)! 😂 I expect standing room only and both bands will be rockin’ along with that little game on the football field! Lol Small-town Texas football at its best!

47 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Just rolled through Alto,what's with the flags?

You like?! ALTO version of the Texas flag! More than 90 of those little black and gold beauties flying in town! 😂 Showing our #JacketP.R.I.D.E.! 

AND you can get YOUR VERY OWN for $20  Just let me know and I’ll have one for you Friday night! 😂 

68FC46D3-4ADF-43B4-B293-EAC7B5840779.jpeg

OK, finally made it back to Longview and clocked out. In a little bit when I get to the house, we gonna open this thread up a little. I know last week had me and NB discussing wrestling gifs because the dist threads were so dull, hell this may be our last good smack week till playoffs.. Assuming Carlisle makes it in, us being slow an all, all we hoping for was to at least make that coveted 4 spot. But alas, Cushing made us win last night in a salty game. So now maybe the 3 slot is open to us?  We'll have some heated discussion about that spot later.. Lol 

OK, finally made it home and got a bowl of moms beef stew in me so I'm good. Been thinking this over since listening to the Alto /big Sandy game last night and here goes. 

If the yellow jackets lay the ball on the ground or continue with the drive stopping procedure penalties this week, Carlisle will make them pay dearly for it. The Indians are the most fundamentally sound I've ever seen them and aren't at this moment in time making silly JV mistakes of the past. 

If the jackets come to our house mentally ready to rumble or the Indians start putting it on the ground we will have an unholy rebellion on our hands.. This game will be loud and rowdy, the fans will be rite in the action and all of us will probly have indigestion before it is over. 

I humbly invite the jacket faithful and even the Indian haters to our house for a night of mosh pit football.. I'm positive that the coaches and school administrators feel likewise.. Let the games begin and may luck be ever in your favor.. Lol 

• StingEmALTO changed the title to Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!