Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Area Football Roundup: Alto Travels to Undefeated Price-Carlisle

Alto Yellowjackets at Price-Carlisle Indians

7:00 p.m. Thursday at Arrowhead Stadium in Price

Records: Alto (4-2, 1-0), Carlisle (6-0, 1-0)

Game notes — Top-10 ranked Carlisle is in the midst of a magical season, which includes a 69-8 butchering of a 4-1 Cushing team last week...The Indians are averaging 51 points a game while allowing a mere 8.6 points an outing...Arrowhead Stadium has a natural grass field and if conditions come up wet and slippery Thursday look for the Mean Sting running game to benefit...All in all, it looks like Alto will have its hands full in this one.

83EFBA94-33FB-4604-97B9-32B8085C1CF5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

My wife wants to come with me to see the Alto band ...

Kirt, you are always welcome to come sit on the Alto side, but it may be hard to find a seat!  If your wife is there to see the band, it might be more fun to sit on the Carlisle side so you can see them doing their thing in the stands.  Plus they'll march to the home side at the half!

Come sit with us and we'll hand you a shaker! :rofl:

Red Zone Feature on the Mean Sting Music Machine:

http://www.ktre.com/2018/10/18/mean-sting-music-machine-bringing-energy-friday-nights/?utm_content=buffer860ed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Mr. E: "They're good for complaining about us!" 🤣

This band has grown from 25 to 105 in 5 years.  I have never seen anything like what the director, Tim Eketefai, does to get the production he does from these kids.  It has been amazing to watch.  And let me tell you, Alto is blessed to have him (and we know it!!).  He's had lots of offers (even at the college level) but he loves Alto............and it shows!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

You want the full effect of the band then it’s Alto side. If you wanna keep your hearing intact go to the Injun side lol

You guys need to remember you are not playing in Alto ... you don't get the 14 points for home field advantage in Injun territory ... lol ...

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You guys need to remember you are not playing in Alto ... you don't get the 14 points for home field advantage in Injun territory ... lol ...

I know that's right!  I do remember going over there last year with our worst record in 30 years and with everyone outside of Alto thinking we were going to lose......and coming away with a victory 31-28.  Different year, I know, but I just wouldn't ever count out the boys in black and gold.  I expect them to get after it tonight!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Kirt, you are always welcome to come sit on the Alto side, but it may be hard to find a seat!  If your wife is there to see the band, it might be more fun to sit on the Carlisle side so you can see them doing their thing in the stands.  Plus they'll march to the home side at the half!

Come sit with us and we'll hand you a shaker! :rofl:

Carlisle has a decent band also they have been the #1 band in 2A for the last few years. js