Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

On 10/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, buckeyefever said:

Don’t believe this game will be close. Carlisle wins going away. I think they are the best team in the region. They make few mistakes and Alto makes way too many mistakes to make even make it interesting. 

Played out about like I thought. Carlisle I believe is the team to beat in the region. After them I think there are several teams that could beat each other on a given day. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chain I knew we had a pretty good non passing/slow team but I believe that I under estimated them after last nights game Alto is good team and we made it look easy. Hope we can keep everyone healthy I think we could have something special this year. Best of luck to Alto the rest of the way on to Union Grove. nullnull

Wouldn't tho, teams got to much respect for each other. Watched it live stream on Facebook live last night.. Turner put on a clinic and the defense looked really sharp, with room to improve in the following week's.. Knew Clay was fixing to open the valves a little more this week and it's an interesting mix he has interjected into the offensive scheme. And it seems as if the Rock has been doing a little cooking on that defense.. It would be demeaning to say that the season just became real and now we have a target on our back.. Time for the seniors to step up their game... One more notch.. Chain.. 

36 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

77, you got them stats figured up yet sir? 

Gerald 160 on 12 carries, 2 RDs, eight of 14 passing, 142 yards three TDs

Jamion 103 on nine carries, 2 TDs, 

Carlise 405 yards total offense

Alto 254

Adkison, Gerald, Hernandez, DeLeon had interceptions 

Walker and Jamion had fumble recoveries 

3 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Gerald 160 on 12 carries, 2 RDs, eight of 14 passing, 142 yards three TDs

Jamion 103 on nine carries, 2 TDs, 

Carlise 405 yards total offense

Alto 254

Adkison, Gerald, Hernandez, DeLeon had interceptions 

Walker and Jamion had fumble recoveries 

Wonder how the tackle totals went last night boss?

8 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Had to go through Carlisle again this morning on my way to do a presentation at Kilgore College this morning. Not good for the PTSD I got last night. You know, having to return to the “scene of the crime” lol

Does help to resolve the issues... When ya face em in the light of day.. Lol stay strong brother... 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 6:21 PM, BlueBlood99 said:

I picked Indians but besides Troup I would say Carlisle really hasn’t seen any competition thus far. Talent level on Alto is a major step up but can the Jackets play a clean game and can the Indians adjust to increase of game speed against better players..... Oughta be a heckuva game

Think the answer to the game speed is yes and it's good we found out before the playoffs.. Reckon? 

When you're still turning the ball over 5+ times a game and penalties this far into the season, that's pretty much who you are at this point.  Alto will win the next 3 district games and get the #2 seed and win round 1.  After that, I wouldn't bet on it.

7 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

When you're still turning the ball over 5+ times a game and penalties this far into the season, that's pretty much who you are at this point.  Alto will win the next 3 district games and get the #2 seed and win round 1.  After that, I wouldn't bet on it.

Maybe they can get the turnovers in check red.. Stranger things have happened. Js 

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

So are you disappointed in a possible +5 win differential from a year ago? I knew Alto likes their football but that seems a bit harsh. 

8 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Lots of interesting possibilities in round 2.  

Round 1 should be pretty dull looking at the possibilities, but Round 2, it will be a doozie

Most likely we get...

Joaquin vs Leon/Centerville

Carlisle vs Garrison/Tenaha

Alto vs Garrison/Tenaha

San Augustine vs Big Sandy/Leon/Centerville

talk about some battle royales

7 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Round 1 should be pretty dull looking at the possibilities, but Round 2, it will be a doozie

Most likely we get...

Joaquin vs Leon/Centerville

Carlisle vs Garrison/Tenaha

Alto vs Garrison/Tenaha

San Augustine vs Big Sandy/Leon/Centerville

talk about some battle royales

That will be a tasty week for football fans.. Js 

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Think the answer to the game speed is yes and it's good we found out before the playoffs.. Reckon? 

I believe in another post that I picked the Indians cuz they have a couple of difference makers.....Carlisle gonna be hitting their stride as the season builds to the playoffs. Any team with a stellar athlete at QB is a difficult match up. Especially if he can pass. And if said team has a RB and WR then its really a lethal combo..... IMO Carlisle has all of the above.....And don't forget the defense as well.....Not too many teams gonna be excited about facing the Indians

1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I believe in another post that I picked the Indians cuz they have a couple of difference makers.....Carlisle gonna be hitting their stride as the season builds to the playoffs. Any team with a stellar athlete at QB is a difficult match up. Especially if he can pass. And if said team has a RB and WR then its really a lethal combo..... IMO Carlisle has all of the above.....And don't forget the defense as well.....Not too many teams gonna be excited about facing the Indians

Yeah we faced a team like that twice last year.. The last time ended our season.. Lol 

Got to see this game last night and I must say I was wrong about Carlisle. That QB is the most explosive runner that I have seen in a long time, I wouldn't call him a true passer but definitely can throw it well enough to keep defenses honest.  Good football team in all 3 phases of the game. As for Alto I agree with Red90fly to many turnovers and to much shuffling at the QB position which I believe leads to turnovers and penalties. They might want to think about giving that freshman some reps at QB to build for next year. Not saying their year is over because I think they can win next three but offense looks BAD!

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Turnover-prone Alto succumbs to Carlisle 55-12

PRICE — Price-Carlise turned five Ålto mistakes in the first half into five touchdowns and the Indians sailed past the Yellowjackets 55-12 in a District 10-2A-I tilt that was played at Arrowhead Stadium in Price on Thursday night.

The game was originally scheduled for Friday, but was moved up a day to avoid possible inclement weather that is forecasted for Friday evening.

The No. 8-ranked Indians are now 7-0, 2-0, while Alto slipped to 4-3, 1-1. Alto will face Cushing at home next Friday.

Carlisle's Trey Atkison intercepted Alto's first pass of the game which came on the Mean Sting's fifth play from scrimmage on the opening drive of the contest and four plays later the Indians had drawn first blood after a 1-yard burst up the gut for a touchdown that came with 7:55 to go in the first period.

The same scenario played out four more times before halftime — the Jackets gave up four interceptions and coughed the ball up once in the first 24 minutes of play and every time Alto made a mistake the Indians made them pay be marching down the field and scoring a touchdown.

Turnovers have plagued the Yellowjackets for most of the season, but against inferior teams Alto was able to score enough points to counter its miscues, but that was not the case against the formidable Indians.

Alto pulled to within a point, 7-6, with 4:41 left in the first quarter when Vi'Dareous High zoomed into score from 16 yards out.

High led Alto in rushing (21-152).

The Indians had the game salted away early, by leading 48-12 at halftime.

The Jackets' second touchdown of the evening came at the 6:04 mark of the second quarter when Harmon West powered in from three yards out after coming on in relief of Fred Thacker at quarterback.

Thacker was Alto's leading passer (4-7-3 for 95 yards).

Carlisle quarterback Gerald Turner carried the rock 12 times for 157 yards and two touchdowns while passing for 139 yards and three scores.

Jamion Turner had nine carries for 103 yards and two scores, giving the brothers a night to remember.

24868BA3-ABAF-4562-AA25-A12B3472ECA9.jpeg