Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

10 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Wonder how the tackle totals went last night boss?

Just got them from coaches. Walker had 13 tackles, two assists, two tackles for loss, fumble recovery for TD

Jamion 8 tackles, one for loss, one sack, one QB pressure, fumble recovery

Adkison 5 tackles, 2 assists, 1 tackle for loss, interception, 2 passes knocked down 

total of 8 tackles for loss, 

i thought Jamion and Trey Adkison big difference makers 

Chain, I keep reading on here about Alto’s turnovers being the difference, but five of the six were forced turnovers, best I’ve seen a Carlisle defense play in last three years. I don’t diss teams on here or anywhere else, but the bottom line is Carlisle dominated the game in every phase. All four of the interceptions were because the defender was where he was supposed to be and Walker’s fumble return for a touchdown was caused by a big hit. Alto is a good team that ran into a better team last night. The Bakers know what they’re doing.

having said that, not sure I’d look forward to playing them again

• Like 1

Was at the Beckville /garrison game tonight and was listening to some conversations.. This game caused some ripples all over east tx. And the implications were shocking to many. Garrison is good on offense, and a few corrections on defense and they gonna be a holy handful for the competition.. Feeling that they will tweek their defense some and shore it up.. We are eyeing each other from afar.. Js. Concentrating on the next opponent but keeping a weather eye out.. Storm brewing... Chain out. 

2 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

Just got them from coaches. Walker had 13 tackles, two assists, two tackles for loss, fumble recovery for TD

Jamion 8 tackles, one for loss, one sack, one QB pressure, fumble recovery

Adkison 5 tackles, 2 assists, 1 tackle for loss, interception, 2 passes knocked down 

total of 8 tackles for loss, 

i thought Jamion and Trey Adkison big difference makers 

Chain, I keep reading on here about Alto’s turnovers being the difference, but five of the six were forced turnovers, best I’ve seen a Carlisle defense play in last three years. I don’t diss teams on here or anywhere else, but the bottom line is Carlisle dominated the game in every phase. All four of the interceptions were because the defender was where he was supposed to be and Walker’s fumble return for a touchdown was caused by a big hit. Alto is a good team that ran into a better team last night. The Bakers know what they’re doing.

having said that, not sure I’d look forward to playing them again

From an unbiased, outsiders perspective, I haven’t really seen any Alto folks diminishing what Carlisle did. A couple of the turnovers were boneheaded (just eat the sack on the first, dump the ball over the top on the screen that got picked instead of throwing low and flat) but no doubt Carlisle had a lot to do with them. I think even the most diehard Alto fans would admit Carlisle was the better team, turnovers or not. You can’t blame them for playing the what if game a little bit though because from what I could tell Carlisle had amazing field position all night. That’s plays a huge factor in everything from playcalling (4 down territory) to Alto then having bad field position when they did get a stop. But again, we’ll never know and all we do know is Carlisle was much better Thursday night than alto. Good luck to both clubs the rest of the way. Hopefully both have no injuries and can put their best foot forth come playoff time. 

On a side note, I’d bet both coaches would take a rematch because that likely means a state semi-final birth is on the line. 

2 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

From an unbiased, outsiders perspective, I haven’t really seen any Alto folks diminishing what Carlisle did. A couple of the turnovers were boneheaded (just eat the sack on the first, dump the ball over the top on the screen that got picked instead of throwing low and flat) but no doubt Carlisle had a lot to do with them. I think even the most diehard Alto fans would admit Carlisle was the better team, turnovers or not. You can’t blame them for playing the what if game a little bit though because from what I could tell Carlisle had amazing field position all night. That’s plays a huge factor in everything from playcalling (4 down territory) to Alto then having bad field position when they did get a stop. But again, we’ll never know and all we do know is Carlisle was much better Thursday night than alto. Good luck to both clubs the rest of the way. Hopefully both have no injuries and can put their best foot forth come playoff time. 

On a side note, I’d bet both coaches would take a rematch because that likely means a state semi-final birth is on the line. 

I was thinking to myself.. Hell yeah I'd like to meet up with them again.. That's deep in the Playoffs. Lol 

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I was thinking to myself.. Hell yeah I'd like to meet up with them again.. That's deep in the Playoffs. Lol 

Exactly! Lol 

Just looked up Alto’s schedule thus far. They’ve lost to Garrison (top 10), Corrigan (3a putting some pieces together) and Carlisle (top 10). I think they’ll be ok lol 

and boy how much better does that win over Sabine look after tonight’s results for Carlisle! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Exactly! Lol 

Just looked up Alto’s schedule thus far. They’ve lost to Garrison (top 10), Corrigan (3a putting some pieces together) and Carlisle (top 10). I think they’ll be ok lol 

and boy how much better does that win over Sabine look after tonight’s results for Carlisle! 

After the way they fought back against Tatum after dropping in the hole early, started running the ball with mighty mouse and you could see the light come on for them. Then add WR thinking about Tatum instead of Sabine and it was a recipe for disaster.. That's why I voted Sabine.. Just low hanging fruit..