Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

Interesting how each and every year Carlisle plays a very soft pre season schedule and piles up yards and stats.....While others play tougher more physical schedules to prepare for district....But it seems to always work for the Indians....They get rhythm and confidence and younger guys get varsity snaps in garbage time......And come playoff time Carlisle finds a way to go multiple rounds. Rock is a heck of a coach in my opinion and he uses his kids talents to give them the best opportunity to win. Other coaches in my opinion tend to try and make the kids fit their "program" and put a square peg in a round hole..... Always admired the Indians from a distance. I believe the Indians win cuz they just don't beat themselves and they have a few difference makers on the squad

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, hunter92 said:

I haven't seen Carlisle, but know they are the real deal.  I figured Alto would get it together and be beating the brakes off people by now, but it hasn't happened.  If Alto clicks this week it's going to be a good one, if not, Carlisle wins big.

Same. 😂 As is the case EVERY TIME, when you play a quality opponent, the team with the least amount of mistakes usually wins the game. We have to eliminate our penalties and turnovers. I’m a big believer in our team and figure they will do that and in the process create some problems for the Indians. I don’t feel like we have seen our full potential yet, and I can’t wait until we put together 4 consecutive quarters of good football. Since the beginning of the season, I have said we are a work in progress, and it’s true. We have a brand new system and are still learning. Along the way we have experienced some growing pains in the process but I am confident, in time, we will get to where we need to be. A 1-0 start in district vs. a quality opponent is a good place to be in that process. 

I can tell you this. These Jackets will play hard and fight until the end. They do not give up and they will play to the final whistle, giving you everything they have. They have proven that every single week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

OK, finally made it back to Longview and clocked out. In a little bit when I get to the house, we gonna open this thread up a little. I know last week had me and NB discussing wrestling gifs because the dist threads were so dull, hell this may be our last good smack week till playoffs.. Assuming Carlisle makes it in, us being slow an all, all we hoping for was to at least make that coveted 4 spot. But alas, Cushing made us win last night in a salty game. So now maybe the 3 slot is open to us?  We'll have some heated discussion about that spot later.. Lol 

That “coveted 4 spot!” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

OK, finally made it home and got a bowl of moms beef stew in me so I'm good. Been thinking this over since listening to the Alto /big Sandy game last night and here goes. 

If the yellow jackets lay the ball on the ground or continue with the drive stopping procedure penalties this week, Carlisle will make them pay dearly for it. The Indians are the most fundamentally sound I've ever seen them and aren't at this moment in time making silly JV mistakes of the past. 

If the jackets come to our house mentally ready to rumble or the Indians start putting it on the ground we will have an unholy rebellion on our hands.. This game will be loud and rowdy, the fans will be rite in the action and all of us will probly have indigestion before it is over. 

I humbly invite the jacket faithful and even the Indian haters to our house for a night of mosh pit football.. I'm positive that the coaches and school administrators feel likewise.. Let the games begin and may luck be ever in your favor.. Lol 

So you listened to the Alto-Big Sandy game? That’s awesome! Did you stream it or actually listen on the radio?

16 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I humbly invite the jacket faithful and even the Indian haters to our house for a night of mosh pit football.. I'm positive that the coaches and school administrators feel likewise.. Let the games begin and may luck be ever in your favor.. Lol 

And get there plenty early because it will be standing room only!!! The Jacket faithful travel well + all the “Indian haters” = an electric night! Lol

5 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

With all the rain and more to come, wouldn’t mind seeing Alto using all their backs. Thacker, High, and BOTH Skinner Boys. Constantly having fresh legs going straight ahead and using power. It slows the game down but might be best for this game and conditions 

Believe it or not, the field is in very good condition, only one jh game has been played on it in three weeks and we practice up on the practice field up the hill. Thursday night I inspected it and it was good to go, mowed low and looks like a fast track to be honest.. Lol 

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

So you listened to the Alto-Big Sandy game? That’s awesome! Did you stream it or actually listen on the radio?

Guy beside me had it streaming I guess? Trying to watch our offense blitzkrieg Cush and listen to them stepping off yardage against yall had me freeking scratching my head. Kept thinking I'd lean over and hear that yall had started beating the brakes off them and it never got into a rythem for the jackets. Yall need to stop with the penalties and get your O into the flow. Yes sir, I want us to beat yall but I want to beat the best yellow jackets team ya can field, and if we fall, I want it to be with Alto at 100 and coming straight at us. No excuses and no question marks... Just straight up beatdown football at it's finest.. This is Coach Bakers freshman year as head coach and this is a scalp he wants to hang on his wall and rightfully so as Alto is always considered to be one of the finest programs around. I'm also sure coach Meeks is looking to add to his bone pile.. Yeah this is gonna be some good stuff and as always nothing but respek for the yellow jackets. Chain... 

14 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Interesting how each and every year Carlisle plays a very soft pre season schedule and piles up yards and stats.....While others play tougher more physical schedules to prepare for district....But it seems to always work for the Indians....They get rhythm and confidence and younger guys get varsity snaps in garbage time......And come playoff time Carlisle finds a way to go multiple rounds. Rock is a heck of a coach in my opinion and he uses his kids talents to give them the best opportunity to win. Other coaches in my opinion tend to try and make the kids fit their "program" and put a square peg in a round hole..... Always admired the Indians from a distance. I believe the Indians win cuz they just don't beat themselves and they have a few difference makers on the squad

One descrepincy In your assessments, the backups always play all throughout all the games all season, from the first til the last. They got valuable learning time even in the first quarter against yall, SA, Alto, everybody.. The rock believes in bloodying his pups first jump,because if his starter goes down, the young man has to be able to step up and fight. And as always, we lose players for games late in the season from injuries and that's the nature of the beast. In our system, if you are on varsity, you get your turn in the barrel all game long and all season long.. So far it's worked well.... 

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

One descrepincy In your assessments, the backups always play all throughout all the games all season, from the first til the last. They got valuable learning time even in the first quarter against yall, SA, Alto, everybody.. The rock believes in bloodying his pups first jump,because if his starter goes down, the young man has to be able to step up and fight. And as always, we lose players for games late in the season from injuries and that's the nature of the beast. In our system, if you are on varsity, you get your turn in the barrel all game long and all season long.. So far it's worked well.... 

And my view is from afar..... A broad perspective......The small details of Rocky’s methodology obviously adds to yalls overall success. Much respect.....Good luck going forward. Give em hell

22 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Same. 😂 As is the case EVERY TIME, when you play a quality opponent, the team with the least amount of mistakes usually wins the game. We have to eliminate our penalties and turnovers. I’m a big believer in our team and figure they will do that and in the process create some problems for the Indians. I don’t feel like we have seen our full potential yet, and I can’t wait until we put together 4 consecutive quarters of good football. Since the beginning of the season, I have said we are a work in progress, and it’s true. We have a brand new system and are still learning. Along the way we have experienced some growing pains in the process but I am confident, in time, we will get to where we need to be. A 1-0 start in district vs. a quality opponent is a good place to be in that process. 

I can tell you this. These Jackets will play hard and fight until the end. They do not give up and they will play to the final whistle, giving you everything they have. They have proven that every single week. 

I’m not worried about y’all playing hard, that’s a given.  I have much respect for altos program.  Give em heck!!

• Thanks 1

• StingEmALTO changed the title to Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!