Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

5 minutes ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Put my vote in but we are a good 300 votes behind the white house Lindale game. Ready to watch my state ranked Indians on Friday!  What's this thread doing on page 2? Come on gentlemen! 

Been traveling in my big ride all day, rainy and all.. Couldn't type much.. Lol 

Just my opinion and I'm a little biased being I prefer playing on grass in sunshine or rain....but I think if it's rainy muddy come Friday I think the boys should play it out at yalls place and not move it to turf......I've got great memories of playing in mud bowls...and plus I really don't think either team will have an advantage in whatever conditions there are.....

Truth be known, I think you guys have the weight advantage on the line and also have heavier backs. I think Thacker and company will be able to have more traction so that is my reasoning to go turf. My Injuns will need to level the playing field ( pun intended) to stop the Sting from sustaining those drives. 

5 hours ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Put my vote in but we are a good 300 votes behind the white house Lindale game. Ready to watch my state ranked Indians on Friday!  What's this thread doing on page 2? Come on gentlemen! 

I know what you mean: population wise Alto-Carlisle vs. Lindale-Whitehouse. Hmmmmm 🤔 Yep, gonna need some help from actual football fans! 😂 The bigger game statewide is definitely Alto-Carlisle! (In my opinion anyway!)

I’m lovin’ this poll! lol 😂 78% for Carlisle 23% for Alto. That’s about what I figured. Not many outside of the Alto city limits think the Jackets will win. That’s ok though. We haven’t exactly bolstered everyone’s confidence the last couple games. Again, that’s ok. What matters is what the ones inside the four walls of our field house believe. I knew from the beginning we would have a lot to prove (we matched our win total from last year this past game!). And week by week, we are doing that. Sure, we have experienced some growing pains (penalties, turnovers, injuries, adjustments to the new system  etc) along the way, but there is a process in place and those guys trust it and are working hard to execute it, to perfect it. There are a couple other threads with polls from earlier games that had the Jackets winning, but the folks were wrong. That’s not fun for the ones who were expected to win. What WILL be fun is to be the one who is the underdog....the one who surprises the folks, turns some heads, and raises some eyebrows. The Mean Sting is not usually the team in this role. But I think we rise to the challenge, shake things up a bit, make a little noise. Should we come up short, I know we are still headed in the right direction because IT IS a process. Good things are coming. Might even be this week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Polls seem political so I don't trust polls, football, now there is something to believe in rite there... Talk is cheap, easy to do and seldom if ever leads to anything worthy of mention. But once you put them pads on it is for real, prices have to be paid and actions have consequences, all the efforts and struggles of the previous week fade into shadows and the lights of a new Friday night shine brightly in the offing.. The field does not matter, the weather matters less. The question to be answered is, are you worthy to leave the field the Victor? Have you paid the price in sweat? Have you what it takes to win... Lol... Those, now those are the questions I like seeing the answers too. Shall we play a game? 

• StingEmALTO changed the title to Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!
On 10/15/2018 at 9:23 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I would like to see this one.  I give a slight edge to the Injuns but wouldn't be surprised to see Alto pull out a win especially if its wet  ..

Kirt, you can see Alto-Carlisle AND your DAWGS now!  Game is moved to Thursday at 7:00!  Wear black and gold. :rofl:

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I only have one question. Is the band performing?

Yes sir!!!  Rain or shine they will be in their combat boots slopping through the mud! :rofl: They don't miss a performance (or haven't since Mr. E has been here!).  In fact, two years ago when we played in Winona and waited for the storms to pass, the Winona band dismissed and our band marched the show twice: once to the home side and once to our side.  lol