Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir!!!  Rain or shine they will be in their combat boots slopping through the mud! :rofl: They don't miss a performance (or haven't since Mr. E has been here!).  In fact, two years ago when we played in Winona and waited for the storms to pass, the Winona band dismissed and our band marched the show twice: once to the home side and once to our side.  lol

I would hate to be that director from Winona lo

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Well guess I'm not gonna make this one now since I'll be in big sandy 

UG-BS was always scheduled to play on Thursday, right? I believe both schools have already had a couple Thursday night games, which is strange to me. I know neither school has a JV, but what do they do with the 7th and 8th grade games?

37 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

UG-BS was always scheduled to play on Thursday, right? I believe both schools have already had a couple Thursday night games, which is strange to me. I know neither school has a JV, but what do they do with the 7th and 8th grade games?

The Jr high played last night i believe... also it is yamboree week. Before last year BS had not won in a loooong time on yamboree week... both schools have kids up at 5 Friday morning gettingvready for shows and queens parade is Friday as well. The year BS got their teeth kicked in at Joaquin was YAM week most of the team had had about 8 hours of sleep in 2 days. That was the last time the BS played on Friday that too many kids involved in stuff. I think the grove likes it as well. Hope that helps

9 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

The Jr high played last night i believe... also it is yamboree week. Before last year BS had not won in a loooong time on yamboree week... both schools have kids up at 5 Friday morning gettingvready for shows and queens parade is Friday as well. The year BS got their teeth kicked in at Joaquin was YAM week most of the team had had about 8 hours of sleep in 2 days. That was the last time the BS played on Friday that too many kids involved in stuff. I think the grove likes it as well. Hope that helps

Makes sense! If they get so little sleep, it’s a no brainer for sure. Sounds like our County Show week in the spring. We always get the baseball and softball games in, but usually a lot of juggling! 

• Like 1

Two solid football teams....and will be 1 and 2 seed out of district, but in my opinion neither team has a solid passing game which I think will keep them both from going deep in the playoffs. Great athlete for Carlisle at QB and can throw a little but not a true passer.  I hear Alto has already had to switch QBs back to the big kid who has been QB for last 3 years.  I've seen him and is a great runner with strong arm but again not pure passer and struggles with accuracy which will hurt in the playoffs. Good teams with good defenses will stack the box and man up and will stop the run and say beat me with the pass. I feel this is both teams weakness and will keep them from goin deep. In my opinion Alto has had the athletes the past several years to go deep but have been to one dimensional.  

46 minutes ago, Star4life said:

Two solid football teams....and will be 1 and 2 seed out of district, but in my opinion neither team has a solid passing game which I think will keep them both from going deep in the playoffs. Great athlete for Carlisle at QB and can throw a little but not a true passer.  I hear Alto has already had to switch QBs back to the big kid who has been QB for last 3 years.  I've seen him and is a great runner with strong arm but again not pure passer and struggles with accuracy which will hurt in the playoffs. Good teams with good defenses will stack the box and man up and will stop the run and say beat me with the pass. I feel this is both teams weakness and will keep them from goin deep. In my opinion Alto has had the athletes the past several years to go deep but have been to one dimensional.  

Well even if there 1 dimensional that running QB ain't what you have to worry about....it's the soph running back that you have to worry about......just have to throw enough to keep the other team honest.....we will see tm night what alto has going, just my opinion they've been holding back for carlisle

2 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Well even if there 1 dimensional that running QB ain't what you have to worry about....it's the soph running back that you have to worry about......just have to throw enough to keep the other team honest.....we will see tm night what alto has going, just my opinion they've been holding back for carlisle

Want get you to the big show though

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Stack the box and try us please? 

That's what I'm saying I've done seen film, y'all got both just cause you don't do both all the time doesn't mean something isn't there....the past 6 games have been leading up to this....gotta leave something not on film