Coldspring @ Crockett 10/19

CrockettDogs

Coldspring is coming off of an impressive and very unexpected game against Diboll. Crockett is coming off of a bye week. Coldspring is very efficient at stopping the run. Good thing we aren't a running football team.. Diboll's QB last night was missing wide open passes against Coldsprings secondary. Passes that our QB will hit. My prediction is Crockett 35 Coldspring 21. Also our new RB from John Tyler will be eligible this game for the first time. From what I'm hearing he's been a complete monster at practice. He's about 6'0 190lbs and runs a 4.39 👀

By adding the new RB to that offense, Should make play calling even better and keep opposing defenses honest. If he has hands, just think about adding screens plays to help Bedford with those blitzing Ds. Getting that kind of speed into the open field could be dangerous. Also helping Owens, Horace, Richardson, JoRay and others to get 1 on 1s. Man I would love to be the offensive play caller!

9 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

By adding the new RB to that offense, Should make play calling even better and keep opposing defenses honest. If he has hands, just think about adding screens plays to help Bedford with those blitzing Ds. Getting that kind of speed into the open field could be dangerous. Also helping Owens, Horace, Richardson, JoRay and others to get 1 on 1s. Man I would love to be the offensive play caller!

Right! There's no excuse as to why we shouldn't score at least 40 points a game now other than play calling. All those guys mentioned (except for Horace obviously because he's 6'5) have been to state in track. Even the new RB went to state in track at a 6a school as a freshman! I think now this Crockett team has more weapons than the 2016 one.

1 hour ago, CrockettDogs said:

Right! There's no excuse as to why we shouldn't score at least 40 points a game now other than play calling. All those guys mentioned (except for Horace obviously because he's 6'5) have been to state in track. Even the new RB went to state in track at a 6a school as a freshman! I think now this Crockett team has more weapons than the 2016 one.

Its one thing to have weapons and how to use them properly....

7 hours ago, maxjean said:

nope not a lie i ran into some old neighbors of mine after the diboll game that live in lufkin now  and their sons are playing on the team.

You said our teams are full of ex crockett people, which is a lie. I think i know of one set of brothers that play on varsity and both are from lufkin. One of our defensive linemen that doesn’t start mother worked in crockett years ago. Never lived there. We’ve gotten a few players from surrounding areas. Some were very good over the years. But our roster was never full of them lol. I doubt Huntsville and Conroe are full of crockett people too. Although we’re loaded, Wish we had y’all receiver that I've been hearing about. However, i don’t think any player on this current team are from crockett. Trying to figure out why the parents would be in diboll anyways when we were playing that night. 

10 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Only remember 1 playing for Lufkin, but he has graduated. Huntsville and Conroe is another story.

Yep, there was one several years ago. Parent moved for better opportunity several years before he start playing. Not sure how he’s still considered a crockett person lol. 

To address CrockettDogs, I agree that the Diboll QB had an off night, just like the rest of the Team, probably had nothing to do with having several key players (offense and defense) either walking wounded or on crutches.  Don't forget how the Crockett game went, we got the "Dub"  with running AND PASSING. We got it again this week, even though it was ugly.  Not being prideful, not trying to hate, but facts are facts.  Talking noise on team that beat you, is bad form.  Good luck to you and maybe we see each other around playoff time. 

Regarding the Lumberjacks as a whole; they are kids and kids listen to talk, so they were buying all the Hype about how good they are and all that mess.  They had a lack luster week of practice and it showed on the field Friday night. A game like that, will awaken a fire that will cause the kids (and the Coaches) not to take anyone for granted. They will adopt a "take no prisoners" attitude.  I strongly believe the Team they are supposed to be, will show up each game from here on out. The Defense will play lights out with the strong pass rush and the run stopping power they have had.  The Offense will continue with the "Rolling Thunder from the Woodshed".  As far as the passing attack goes, the QB will work hard on his accuracy and the receivers will run their routes like they mean it. That will result in more completions and points.  Oh and by the way  the QB can can run a little too, if needed.   All in all I believe they are on a collision course with Franklin for the District Title and I doubt they let anyone get in their way (just MY opinion).  This young team is hungry to make their mark, they have a lot of pride and character, so sit back and watch them work, it should be fun.  Go Jacks....         

4 hours ago, CommittedFan said:

To address CrockettDogs, I agree that the Diboll QB had an off night, just like the rest of the Team, probably had nothing to do with having several key players (offense and defense) either walking wounded or on crutches.  Don't forget how the Crockett game went, we got the "Dub"  with running AND PASSING. We got it again this week, even though it was ugly.  Not being prideful, not trying to hate, but facts are facts.  Talking noise on team that beat you, is bad form.  Good luck to you and maybe we see each other around playoff time. 

Regarding the Lumberjacks as a whole; they are kids and kids listen to talk, so they were buying all the Hype about how good they are and all that mess.  They had a lack luster week of practice and it showed on the field Friday night. A game like that, will awaken a fire that will cause the kids (and the Coaches) not to take anyone for granted. They will adopt a "take no prisoners" attitude.  I strongly believe the Team they are supposed to be, will show up each game from here on out. The Defense will play lights out with the strong pass rush and the run stopping power they have had.  The Offense will continue with the "Rolling Thunder from the Woodshed".  As far as the passing attack goes, the QB will work hard on his accuracy and the receivers will run their routes like they mean it. That will result in more completions and points.  Oh and by the way  the QB can can run a little too, if needed.   All in all I believe they are on a collision course with Franklin for the District Title and I doubt they let anyone get in their way (just MY opinion).  This young team is hungry to make their mark, they have a lot of pride and character, so sit back and watch them work, it should be fun.  Go Jacks....         

Wasn't talking noise was stating facts. Against CS y'alls QB had a horrible night throwing on 3rd and long when the run was taken away. And if Diboll and CS are on about the same level and Franklin beat them 61-0 then it won't be much of a "district championship" but it sure will be a collision. Just sayin. And I don't think you want to see this Crockett team around playoff time. We haven't even hit our full stride yet. Be the time we do we'll just be playing throw and catch. And this time the refs will throw them holding flags loll.