Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

24 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I watched Gilmer for the first time this year against SH, and was pretty much disappointed with the overall effort. I know Gilmer doesn't like to play in the rain, but they were very lackluster. The QB just seemed a little average to me. Couldn't really throw the deep ball (The two INT's were lobbed in the air & both intercepted by the shortest player on the field). I think part of the problem was he wasn't allowed (or can't) run. The offense seemed very cautious. He just stood in the pocket. Why not bring up the Freshman, at least he can throw AND run if needed? I don't think Gilmer is a "bad" team, they just seem to be playing a lot of young kids and trying to get through the season. I say bring up the Freshman QB and open that offense up! What do you have to lose?

The Soph QB is capable of running but isn’t allowed but if they would of just ran it to keep the back side end honest they just kept running in to the backfield but yea it was no Fire Friday 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

PG has too many dudes on offense to keep up with. 

Hey PG fans, how come we aren’t running as many jet sweeps this year. #2 and #22  ran 15 a game last year. PG may run 2 or 3 a game this year. 

They run what the Defense gives them.  Wiggins is averaging about 6.5 yards per carry up the middle. Trust me, he will run the sweeps & counters as the D permits.

33 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I watched Gilmer for the first time this year against SH, and was pretty much disappointed with the overall effort. I know Gilmer doesn't like to play in the rain, but they were very lackluster. The QB just seemed a little average to me. Couldn't really throw the deep ball (The two INT's were lobbed in the air & both intercepted by the shortest player on the field). I think part of the problem was he wasn't allowed (or can't) run. The offense seemed very cautious. He just stood in the pocket. Why not bring up the Freshman, at least he can throw AND run if needed? I don't think Gilmer is a "bad" team, they just seem to be playing a lot of young kids and trying to get through the season. I say bring up the Freshman QB and open that offense up! What do you have to lose?

I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing.  The effort doesn't seem to be there in some games.  They came out flat, and the team isn't good enough to do that this season and expect to win.  "If" Gilmer would've played like they did against Bullard, SH wouldn't have even had a snowball's chance in hades, but..., I digress.  Win or lose, I want the BEST out of our kids.  We just haven't been getting that consistently, in my opinion.  That falls on the coaching staff.  Both QBs threw several beautiful deep balls against Bullard, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why they couldn't do the same against other opponents.  It's not like they weren't open most of the time.

Gilmer is still playing 2 QBs and not letting either run with the ball.  The Senior has a bad ankle from what I hear.  The Sophmore can run, if they let him.  The zone read, QB run, has been a reliable staple of our offense for years.  Defenses are loving our no-QB-run offense this year.   

Never have I seen a attempted punt like the one we "executed" Friday night at Spring Hill.  Oh, and I fully expect to get blown out by PG this Friday.  This just ain't our year and that is putting it very mildly.  This business meeting looks a lot like what our coaches meeting must look like nowadays.

WhatIfWeDontChange.jpg

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Is PG that young? Do you guys have a good QB coming up?

Next year PG will have near 10 starters or guys who got major reps coming back on both sides of the ball.

Offensively, the back field only loses 1 guy......receivers lose 2 guys but have plenty of others......O Line only loses 1 guy

Defensively, lose 2 linebackers and 2 defensive backs

15 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Gilmer is still playing 2 QBs and not letting either run with the ball.  The Senior has a bad ankle from what I hear.  The Sophmore can run, if they let him.  The zone read, QB run, has been a reliable staple of our offense for years.  Defenses are loving our no-QB-run offense this year.   

Never have I seen a attempted punt like the one we "executed" Friday night at Spring Hill.  Oh, and I fully expect to get blown out by PG this Friday.  This just ain't our year and that is putting it very mildly.  This business meeting looks a lot like what our coaches meeting must look like nowadays.

WhatIfWeDontChange.jpg

HA!

6 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Next year PG will have near 10 starters or guys who got major reps coming back on both sides of the ball.

Offensively, the back field only loses 1 guy......receivers lose 2 guys but have plenty of others......O Line only loses 1 guy

Defensively, lose 2 linebackers and 2 defensive backs

No sir. Not accurate 

24 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

No sir. Not accurate 

Yeah, Kinda is.  Seniors that either start or get significant starting time are:  55 (Guard), 8 (LB), 13 (Safety),  7(DB), 16 (LB),  12 (WR) & 33 (RB). Pretty much spot on by Hawk20. The only one he missed is #9.  Our kicker.  He will be sorely missed, that is certain.  Has been money for the the last couple years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

Yeah, Kinda is.  Seniors that either start or get significant starting time are:  55 (Guard), 8 (LB), 13 (Safety),  7(DB), 16 (LB),  12 (WR) & 33 (RB). Pretty much spot on by Hawk20. The only one he missed is #9.  Our kicker.  He will be sorely missed, that is certain.  Has been money for the the last couple years.

Lol y’all are both wrong. Lol. I guess #15 Woods is a freshman DB. He’s started every game that I’ve been to  

SPOT ON?  

3 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

PG has too many dudes on offense to keep up with. 

Hey PG fans, how come we aren’t running as many jet sweeps this year. #2 and #22  ran 15 a game last year. PG may run 2 or 3 a game this year. 

My guess is because of the new chop block rule.

• Like 2

Gilmer hasn’t been prepared to start a game yet this year. They won’t run the QB for whatever reason, and they can’t run the jet sweep without a false start. They don’t run the screen play effectively (QB never has a chance to throw in rhythm). And they seem scared of the mid range pass.  So their offense isn’t very creative at the moment. 

Defensively they have played better recently, but I’m guessing the wing t will eat them alive.  

I will root and cheer for Gilmer, but I’m expecting a 4 TD loss

3 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer hasn’t been prepared to start a game yet this year. They won’t run the QB for whatever reason, and they can’t run the jet sweep without a false start. They don’t run the screen play effectively (QB never has a chance to throw in rhythm). And they seem scared of the mid range pass.  So their offense isn’t very creative at the moment. 

Defensively they have played better recently, but I’m guessing the wing t will eat them alive.  

I will root and cheer for Gilmer, but I’m expecting a 4 TD loss

That would qualify as a Shellacking.....😳

I know Gilmer is down, but high school kids are up and down a lot and I think last week's 2-point win over Spring Hill in bad weather was a freak thing. PG ended Gilmer's 11-year district winning streak at home last year. I think they've been pointing to the PG game for 12 months since and they'll give it all they've got. PG has given up 700 passing yards the last two weeks, and if the weather is good the secondary could be tested again. With this said, I'll pick the Hawks by 2 touchdowns. That's only if Gilmer plays like its capable of playing. Gilmer can win, that's why they're playing the game.

It's not Tea, it's Tra.null  Yes, the injury bug has hit us hard this season.  That doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't executed consistently in any facet of the game.  The talent level is not down that much.  It's the execution.  If we could clean up our game we can play with anybody, in my opinion.  We haven't shown that ability yet.  Hopefully, we can at least show up against a good PG team Friday.